Author Topic: Sun's Nick Pisa refers to Gonçalo Amaral as a "Poisonous Liar".  (Read 39327 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sun's Nick Pisa refers to Gonçalo Amaral as a "Poisonous Liar".
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
If you are trying to goad me it won't work. Anyone has the right to complain if newspaper editor's breach the code they have agreed to abide by. whatever online forums they may or may not belong to.

https://www.ipso.co.uk/editors-code-of-practice/#Accuracy
https://www.ipso.co.uk/complain/#WhoCanComplain
I'm suggesting that rather than whingeing about the injustice of it all on here, you could actually make a difference and whinge to the relevant authority, plus strength in numbers and all that.  Just being helpful is all.  One would have to wonder why anyone who felt so strongly about this grave injustice to poor Mr Amaral WOULDN'T write an angry letter about it!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2018, 11:44:18 AM »
I'm suggesting that rather than whingeing about the injustice of it all on here, you could actually make a difference and whinge to the relevant authority, plus strength in numbers and all that.  Just being helpful is all.  One would have to wonder why anyone who felt so strongly about this grave injustice to poor Mr Amaral WOULDN'T write an angry letter about it!

Amaral has received justice. It’s the parents who feel they haven’t.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »

Is pointing out inaccuracies in a newspaper story whingeing?

Amaral doesn't come into it, it's the British public who are being misled.

You seem to be jumping to the conclusion that I have taken no action.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2018, 11:47:19 AM »
I admire your honesty Carana. Personal feelings of fairness are immaterial in a court of law.

Thank you, G-Unit.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »
ByNeil Murphy
5 NOV 2018

A Portuguese detective has made thousands from a book which falsely accuses Madeleine McCann's parents of covering up their daughter's death.

Goncalo Amaral raked in over £350,000 from his book 'The Truth Of The Lie' which falsely claimed Kate and Gerry McCann accidentally killed Madeleine and hid her body, court documents show.

The former officer pointed the finger at the British class system in an interview which will be aired on Portuguese news channel CMTV.

Amaral claims Portuguese prosecutors felt ‘intimidated by the United Kingdom’ and claims the McCanns were given special treatment by British authorities because they were doctors.

The ex-policeman refuted claims his officers’ probe was shoddy and says interference from the UK hindered the process.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-cop-pockets-350000-13536790

Is Amaral really going to appear on CMTV to continue the conspiracy theory that 'Portuguese prosecutors felt intimidated by the United Kingdom’ ?
I wonder why he would do that at this moment in time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »
ByNeil Murphy
5 NOV 2018

A Portuguese detective has made thousands from a book which falsely accuses Madeleine McCann's parents of covering up their daughter's death.

Goncalo Amaral raked in over £350,000 from his book 'The Truth Of The Lie' which falsely claimed Kate and Gerry McCann accidentally killed Madeleine and hid her body, court documents show.

The former officer pointed the finger at the British class system in an interview which will be aired on Portuguese news channel CMTV.

Amaral claims Portuguese prosecutors felt ‘intimidated by the United Kingdom’ and claims the McCanns were given special treatment by British authorities because they were doctors.

The ex-policeman refuted claims his officers’ probe was shoddy and says interference from the UK hindered the process.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-cop-pockets-350000-13536790

Is Amaral really going to appear on CMTV to continue the conspiracy theory that 'Portuguese prosecutors felt intimidated by the United Kingdom’ ?

Why not?    We have had the spokesman for the McCanns in the media regularly and Gerry McCann on radio 4 recently..
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2018, 01:33:21 PM »
It will be interesting to see if he continues to make allegations against the McCann's or whether the upcoming ECHR alleged just my opinion case will temper his accusations
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:44:58 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »
Why not?    We have had the spokesman for the McCanns in the media regularly and Gerry McCann on radio 4 recently..

Why not?  Probably for the same reason some think he has maintained a 'dignified silence' over the past few months while awaiting the turn of events at the European court.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2018, 01:51:57 PM »
ByNeil Murphy
5 NOV 2018

Probably because he was asked.
As far as I know, it's not usual for people to roll up at a radio or TV studio and say 'I'd like to give an interview'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
As far as I know, it's not usual for people to roll up at a radio or TV studio and say 'I'd like to give an interview'

Wonder what the going rate for interviews is nowadays?

Snip
It is believed that he also made £20,000 from interviews about Madeleine’s disappearance ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6352723/Policeman-led-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-350-000-book.html

Offline jassi

« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2018, 02:14:34 PM »
Wonder what the going rate for interviews is nowadays?

Snip
It is believed that he also made £20,000 from interviews about Madeleine’s disappearance ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6352723/Policeman-led-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-350-000-book.html

So they didn't know, but wrote it anyway.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »
Is pointing out inaccuracies in a newspaper story whingeing?

Amaral doesn't come into it, it's the British public who are being misled.

You seem to be jumping to the conclusion that I have taken no action.
I thought it was a similar article to this that so rankled the great man that he promised to take action against the British media? 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:10:41 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »
Amaral has received justice. It’s the parents who feel they haven’t.
The grave injustice of being called a poisonous liar by the British media is what I was referring to.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:54 PM »
And yet that’s precisely the level of control some believe the McCanns are currently exercising over the British media!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »
So they didn't know, but wrote it anyway.

Who knows? ... it could have been a conservative estimate, apparently he did very many interviews on Portuguese television as well as in print media.