Author Topic: Maddie suspect to go on trial next year on rape charges.  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

Re: Maddie suspect to go on trial next year on rape charges.
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2024, 10:26:33 PM »

Snip
Madeleine McCann suspect facing new charges ahead of trial next month
The Oldenburg public prosecutor’s office has filed charges of insulting public officials during the performance of their duties.
https://www.gbnews.com/news/world/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-brueckner-new-charges-court-trial
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2024, 02:44:46 AM »
Snip
Madeleine McCann suspect facing new charges ahead of trial next month
The Oldenburg public prosecutor’s office has filed charges of insulting public officials during the performance of their duties.
https://www.gbnews.com/news/world/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-brueckner-new-charges-court-trial

A few more pieces of interesting information and Fulscher obviously isn't very happy at losing his bid to get the star witness barred.  Wasting Public Money is a joke after what he has been up to this last year.

But not long to go now.

Offline jassi

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2024, 09:20:46 AM »
Just short of 3 weeks until the start though a while longer until verdicts.
As they technically are 5 separate trials involving unrelated victims, will verdicts be announced after each trial, or after they have all concluded?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2024, 12:34:48 PM »
Just short of 3 weeks until the start though a while longer until verdicts.
As they technically are 5 separate trials involving unrelated victims, will verdicts be announced after each trial, or after they have all concluded?

Difficult to say as they all originate in Portugal.  And of course, they could possibly decide to make it a Whole Life Sentence.  If they convict him at all.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2024, 02:07:31 PM »
Difficult to say as they all originate in Portugal.  And of course, they could possibly decide to make it a Whole Life Sentence.  If they convict him at all.

I haven't a clue how they will go about it.

I think it could be prejudicial if the verdict for each trial was announced in turn: probably fairer to deliver them at the conclusion of them all rather than piece meal. No jury?? makes that feasible particularly if they use five judges in the deliberations.

But he will be tried under due process which is transparent and can be seen as it is carried out and he has a good legal team, so I don't think he has much to complain about.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2024, 04:39:38 PM »

And then we will have to wait for The Appeal from somebody or another.

Offline Venturi Swirl

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2024, 09:46:26 AM »
Has no one got the energy or the interest to post about this topic anymore?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13034387/Madeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckner-drew-sketches-child-rape-wrote-abducting-woman-juvenile-German-prosecutor-reveals.html?ico=related-replace

Well, this is a new one.  I haven't seen this before.  Has it been mentioned in the past?  Although I am not keen on discussing drawings of this kind.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2024, 01:28:52 PM »
Well, this is a new one.  I haven't seen this before.  Has it been mentioned in the past?  Although I am not keen on discussing drawings of this kind.
I think this is new info, but of course drawing pictures of women children being kidnapped and raped is just what men do to pass the time, it doesn't mean anything, nothing to see here...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2024, 02:24:13 PM »

Definitely a new one for me. But I think we will hear quite a bit of information as the trials progress which is new to us, bearing in mind the number of witnesses due to be called some of whom are unknown to us.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2024, 02:40:57 PM »

In the meantime, how many snores until the 16th?

Offline jassi

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2024, 07:16:56 PM »
Don't get too excited, I don't think much will happen in the first few days.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2024, 07:39:12 PM »
Don't get too excited, I don't think much will happen in the first few days.

But at least there will be something going on.