Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172403 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #1005 on: June 22, 2020, 01:40:09 PM »
We've been through this before.. With Grime Harrison saying the alerts have no evidential value I think you are dreaming

IMO it was evidence but needed something to back it up.

Wich I believe would have been Maddie's body.

Evidence is either evidence or not - not having no evidential value.

Surely if they hadn't anything it would be called NO  evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1006 on: June 22, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
IMO it was evidence but needed something to back it up.

Wich I believe would have been Maddie's body.

Evidence is either evidence or not - not having no evidential value.

Surely if they hadn't anything it would be called NO  evidence

Do you not realise what no evidential value means?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1007 on: June 22, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
I don't think it is due to changes in expert opinion.  I think it has always rested on the reliability of the dogs and the evidence they uncovered.  Grime told us that in his report from Luz.

The fact is that Eddie and Keela did not find any evidence in Luz which fits with sceptic beliefs.  Indeed I believe that expert opinion at the time was that their performance in Luz in combination with that in Jersey, the work of dogs and their handlers was set back many years.

I think the use of dog handler evidence in the Gilroy case in 2012 destroys your argument. The fact that Eddie and Keela alerted is evidence and in Keela's case her alerts were confirmed by forensic evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1008 on: June 22, 2020, 01:47:29 PM »
We're discussing the admissability of dog alerts as evidence, not the existence or non-existence of forensic evidence.

Pardon ??

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1009 on: June 22, 2020, 01:47:50 PM »
I think the use of dog handler evidence in the Gilroy case in 2012 destroys your argument. The fact that Eddie and Keela alerted is evidence and in Keela's case her alerts were confirmed by forensic evidence.

i dont think one case in i dont know how many years destroys any argumnet...particularly as the evidence admissibilty has been contested. Keela alerts to blood and as grime correctly said this was the only alert that could be corroborated.

so again do you ahe a case in the UK where grimes evidence without forensic corroboration was admitted. According to amaral the dogs help solve 200 crimes so it should be easy for you

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1010 on: June 22, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
i dont think one case in i dont know how many years destroys any argumnet...particularly as the evidence admissibilty has been contested. Keela alerts to blood and as grime correctly said this was the only alert that could be corroborated.

so again do you ahe a case in the UK where grimes evidence without forensic corroboration was admitted. According to amaral the dogs help solve 200 crimes so it should be easy for you

I think dog alerts will continue to be used when required, now that they have been used successfully.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1011 on: June 22, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Do you not realise what no evidential value means?

Yes don't you - It means in support evidence.

IMO evidence but need something else to support it as I said in the first place.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1012 on: June 22, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »

As has been explained on numerous occasions there was overwhelming evidence against Suzanne Pilley's murderer the weakest of which in my opinion was the dog handler's.

There was absolutely no supporting evidence of any kind against the prime subjects in Luz nor was there rhyme or reason for Eddie's 'alerts' and that is confirmed in the PJ final report.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1013 on: June 22, 2020, 01:58:38 PM »
I think dog alerts will continue to be used when required, now that they have been used successfully.

So you can't provide one case where grime has given evidence in the UK... Not one.  That surely must be a measure of how useful the alerts, are as evidence... Never used once in a UK court

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1014 on: June 22, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »

I think it will depend on the circumstances and it will depend on the proven reliability of the dog.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1015 on: June 22, 2020, 07:53:05 PM »
As has been explained on numerous occasions there was overwhelming evidence against Suzanne Pilley's murderer the weakest of which in my opinion was the dog handler's.

There was absolutely no supporting evidence of any kind against the prime subjects in Luz nor was there rhyme or reason for Eddie's 'alerts' and that is confirmed in the PJ final report.

So do you agree with Dave that the explanation for all Eddie's alerts was that Grime gave Eddie (subconscious) cues? I've watched all the videos many times and as a lay person I'm certainly not convinced by Dave's claim.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1016 on: June 22, 2020, 07:58:23 PM »
So do you agree with Dave that the explanation for all Eddie's alerts was that Grime gave Eddie (subconscious) cues? I've watched all the videos many times and as a lay person I'm certainly not convinced by Dave's claim.

Why was eddie called back twice to the Mccanns car...but not too any other..
Why did Grime say he didnt know it was the mccanns car when there were posters in the windows

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1017 on: June 22, 2020, 08:05:01 PM »
Why was eddie called back twice to the Mccanns car...but not too any other..
Why did Grime say he didnt know it was the mccanns car when there were posters in the windows

To me Eddie's behaviour changed markedly before he's called back to the car, and what of the other alerts? The posters don't prove Grime knew it was their hire car. Also you are implying that Grime has already made up his mind about the death and who is responsible. Why on earth would Grime encourage false alerts - that wouldn't do his reputation any good!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1018 on: June 22, 2020, 08:07:31 PM »
To me Eddie's behaviour changed markedly before he's called back to the car, and what of the other alerts? The posters don't prove Grime knew it was their hire car. Also you are implying that Grime has already made up his mind about the death and who is responsible. Why on earth would Grime encourage false alerts - that wouldn't do his reputation any good!

so now you are assessing eddies behaviour...im sorry but thats an absolute joke..ive already expaline dall the other alerts....bottom line...no evidential value

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1019 on: June 22, 2020, 08:09:48 PM »
Yes don't you - It means in support evidence.

IMO evidence but need something else to support it as I said in the first place.

no it doesnt...no evidentail value means no value as evidence