Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172405 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #2145 on: June 20, 2021, 10:16:03 AM »
Did you not say that the police are not allowed to say their suspect committed the crime?

I offered no opinion on what could be said following a confession; Davel raised that subject.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2146 on: June 20, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
I offered no opinion on what could be said following a confession; Davel raised that subject.
So is it your opinion that a confession, even one retracted, cancels out the legal reuqirement for police not to say that their suspects are guilty in their opinion?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2147 on: June 20, 2021, 10:25:25 AM »

You made a blanket statement that law enforcement should not make any statements suggesting guilt.. You never said there were exceptions which thete obviously are. You said it was simple.. It isnt.

Do in the Greek case the police have clearly said hes guilty... Pre trial. By your previous statement thats a breach of his HR... You are now backtracking as you reslise its not as simple as you thought

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2148 on: June 20, 2021, 11:27:59 AM »
You made a blanket statement that law enforcement should not make any statements suggesting guilt.. You never said there were exceptions which thete obviously are. You said it was simple.. It isnt.

Do in the Greek case the police have clearly said hes guilty... Pre trial. By your previous statement thats a breach of his HR... You are now backtracking as you reslise its not as simple as you thought

I don't think I've seen a translation of what the Greek police have said. Have you?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2149 on: June 20, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »
I don't think I've seen a translation of what the Greek police have said. Have you?

Are you saying the reports are false....
You really are struggling

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2150 on: June 20, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »
@)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2151 on: June 20, 2021, 01:28:23 PM »
Are you saying the reports are false....
You really are struggling

I think you need to provide evidence to support your statement that "in the Greek case the police have clearly said hes guilty". Apologies if this evidence has been provided, but I can't find it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2152 on: June 20, 2021, 01:54:39 PM »
I think you need to provide evidence to support your statement that "in the Greek case the police have clearly said hes guilty". Apologies if this evidence has been provided, but I can't find it.
Will this do, or will you reject it because it's not a video of him speaking in Greek?

“Everything was staged for the crime scene to look like the scene of a robbery,” Costas Hassiotis, director of the greater Athens homicide division told reporters, adding that the suspect had tied his own hands and those of his dead wife.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2153 on: June 20, 2021, 02:02:05 PM »

Im astonished at your lack of knowledge

From the Guardian.

“The culprit is her 33-year-old husband who has confessed to the act,” the Greek police tweeted.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 02:17:04 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2154 on: June 20, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »
Will this do, or will you reject it because it's not a video of him speaking in Greek?

“Everything was staged for the crime scene to look like the scene of a robbery,” Costas Hassiotis, director of the greater Athens homicide division told reporters, adding that the suspect had tied his own hands and those of his dead wife.

I see no declaration of guilt. Perhaps the director was quoting from Anagnostopoulos's confession?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2155 on: June 20, 2021, 02:23:49 PM »
I see no declaration of guilt. Perhaps the director was quoting from Anagnostopoulos's confession?

“The culprit is her 33-year-old husband who has confessed to the act,” the Greek police tweeted.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2156 on: June 20, 2021, 02:40:57 PM »

Maybe he'll complain, maybe not. It doesn't alter the fact that Wolter's suspect and his lawyer have complained about him.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2157 on: June 20, 2021, 02:47:08 PM »
then you are blind imo.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2158 on: June 20, 2021, 03:03:27 PM »
Maybe he'll complain, maybe not. It doesn't alter the fact that Wolter's suspect and his lawyer have complained about him.

And it doesn't mean there has been a breach of article 6 ss you claimed... No one disputes he might complain... Hes already complained about several things and got nowhere

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2159 on: June 20, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »
And it doesn't mean there has been a breach of article 6 ss you claimed... No one disputes he might complain... Hes already complained about several things and got nowhere

As with so much, it's a matter of opinion.
Result = happy posting.