Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172330 times)

Offline John

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #2160 on: June 21, 2021, 12:13:43 AM »
I'm allowed to say that in my opinion the McCann's human rights have not been breached, but Brueckner's have. That in no way means that I'm casting slurs on the McCanns or defending Brueckner. I am, in fact, airing my opinion on the actions of Amaral, the Portuguese Supreme Court judges, and German prosecutor Wolters.

You are indeed.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2161 on: June 21, 2021, 02:13:39 AM »
You are indeed.
Heaven forefend that there should be any doubt as to what Gunit’s preferences are when it comes to breaching the McCann’s human rights or defending Brueckner’s ~ it will be interesting to see if the ECHR concur with Amaral, the Portuguese Supreme Court judges and Gunit 😁
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #2162 on: June 21, 2021, 02:20:14 AM »
From American law but I think this also applies in EU..

https://www.nycbar.org/get-legal-help/article/personal-injury-and-accidents/false-accusations/

"Also, if your reputation is already damaged by your own previous actions, for example, if you have a public history of crime, and someone accuses you of a crime you did not commit, you cannot argue that you were defamed because your character was already compromised."

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2163 on: June 21, 2021, 05:47:09 AM »
From American law but I think this also applies in EU..

https://www.nycbar.org/get-legal-help/article/personal-injury-and-accidents/false-accusations/

"Also, if your reputation is already damaged by your own previous actions, for example, if you have a public history of crime, and someone accuses you of a crime you did not commit, you cannot argue that you were defamed because your character was already compromised."

The discussion was about breaching human rights, not about defaming someone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2164 on: June 21, 2021, 08:00:26 AM »
You are indeed.

No one would dispute that but gunit claimed it as a fact which it isnt. Shes entitled to hold any opinion she wishes.... However silly it may be

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2165 on: June 21, 2021, 09:21:10 AM »
When one ponders her posting history here it is all about Gunits "opinion" and views from her particular perspective which can exhibit a somewhat dogged indefatigability in perpetuating the damaging and ill thought out slurs accepted as gospel by a very dedicated negatively inclined cult of like minded individuals.
All very narcissistic in promoting unfounded opinion as paramount over decency and reality - take the dogs for just one example of that 😁
That is my opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2166 on: June 21, 2021, 10:01:40 AM »
No one would dispute that but gunit claimed it as a fact which it isnt. Shes entitled to hold any opinion she wishes.... However silly it may be

It's a fact that the ECHR takes a dim view of public officials making prejudicial comments about a suspect's involvement in the commision of an offence.

The Court has held in this context that there may be a breach of the principle of the presumption of innocence on account of prejudicial comments relating to a suspect’s involvement in the commission of an offence made by public officials at a time when judicial investigations were pending against the suspect but before he had been formally charged with the offence in issue
https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22itemid%22:[%22001-141197%22]} number 41

Wolters told 60 Minutes;

"We have strong evidence that Madeleine McCann is dead and that our suspect killed her," Wolters told 60 Minutes.

"We don't have the body and no parts of the body, but we have enough evidence to say our suspect killed Madeleine McCann."
https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes/german-prosecutors-believe-madeleine-mccann-is-dead-60-minutes/c12305de-2465-4751-98ae-e0ba468d8fa3

In my opinion the above statement clearly breaches Article 6:2 of the ECHR.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2167 on: June 21, 2021, 11:58:59 AM »
It's a fact that the ECHR takes a dim view of public officials making prejudicial comments about a suspect's involvement in the commision of an offence.

The Court has held in this context that there may be a breach of the principle of the presumption of innocence on account of prejudicial comments relating to a suspect’s involvement in the commission of an offence made by public officials at a time when judicial investigations were pending against the suspect but before he had been formally charged with the offence in issue
https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22itemid%22:[%22001-141197%22]} number 41

Wolters told 60 Minutes;

"We have strong evidence that Madeleine McCann is dead and that our suspect killed her," Wolters told 60 Minutes.

"We don't have the body and no parts of the body, but we have enough evidence to say our suspect killed Madeleine McCann."
https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes/german-prosecutors-believe-madeleine-mccann-is-dead-60-minutes/c12305de-2465-4751-98ae-e0ba468d8fa3

In my opinion the above statement clearly breaches Article 6:2 of the ECHR.
He doesn't name anyone in that statement.  Also, saying "we have reason to believe Person X has  committed the crime" is not unusual for police is it?  What's Crimewatch all about when for example they show pictures of named criminals and say this is Joe Bloggs, he is wanted on suspicion of rape, public should not approach him as he is armed and dangerous"?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2168 on: June 21, 2021, 12:09:54 PM »
He doesn't name anyone in that statement.  Also, saying "we have reason to believe Person X has  committed the crime" is not unusual for police is it?  What's Crimewatch all about when for example they show pictures of named criminals and say this is Joe Bloggs, he is wanted on suspicion of rape, public should not approach him as he is armed and dangerous"?

He is saying he has enough evidence to say his suspect killed Madeleine McCann. Not that he is suspected of killing her, he killed her.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2169 on: June 21, 2021, 12:12:48 PM »
He is saying he has enough evidence to say his suspect killed Madeleine McCann. Not that he is suspected of killing her, he killed her.
Sorry, what does the word "suspect" mean in that sentence?  Also, the meaning of "evidence" please.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:18:22 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2170 on: June 21, 2021, 01:34:57 PM »

I can only see a problem with that statement if he doesnt have the evidence.... Thats one of the reasons why I  think he does

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2171 on: June 21, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
I can only see a problem with that statement if he doesnt have the evidence.... Thats one of the reasons why I  think he does

He is making a statement which can only be made after a trial and a guilty verdict imo; that Christian B killed Madeleine McCann.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2172 on: June 21, 2021, 02:59:38 PM »
He is making a statement which can only be made after a trial and a guilty verdict imo; that Christian B killed Madeleine McCann.

Depends what his evidence is surely.. Do you object the Greeks statements thst day the husband murderef his wife and dog

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2173 on: June 21, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »
No, what he actually said was:
 "we have enough evidence to say our suspect killed Madeleine McCann" which would be a pretty daft thing to say AFTER a trial in which he is found guilty.  Would your worries be assuaged if he had said  "we have enough evidence to say IN OUR OPINION our suspect killed Madeleine McCann."  Which is what he's saying basically but without adhering strictly to this forum's stringent IMO rules.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2174 on: June 21, 2021, 03:08:32 PM »
No, what he actually said was:
 "we have enough evidence to say our suspect killed Madeleine McCann" which would be a pretty daft thing to say AFTER a trial in which he is found guilty.  Would your worries be assuaged if he had said  "we have enough evidence to say IN OUR OPINION our suspect killed Madeleine McCann."  Which is what he's saying basically but without adhering strictly to this forum's stringent IMO rules.

If that was true then it could be tested in a trial. The fact that he is delaying such a trial is indicative that his so-called evidence isn't as strong as he would like it to be. In addition, it is protocol to inform the parents of the death and how it occurred, this has not happened because if Wolters is wrong, as I suspect, then he will look really stupid with a large splattering of egg on his face
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 03:10:47 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!