Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172447 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2020, 09:28:42 AM »

Do you think if you were walking your dog and a newly dead person had been buried near by,   your dog wouldn't go off and sniff at the newly buried cadaver?  Of course it would it would be able to smell the cadaver,   the cadaver dog however would give an alert either by sitting by it or by barking.

As for the water any dog would know there was a dead body in the water,  the only difference is a trained cadaver dog is meant to give an alert to it.

When Eddie alerted to the body buried,  how long at the person been dead?   If Madeleine had died in 5a, she wouldn't have been left there long enough to give off any cadaver scent.   IMO

So you agree they would need additional training.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2020, 10:09:31 AM »
So you agree they would need additional training.

The training used triggers a Pavlovian response. Cadaver dogs are conditioned to signal when they detect that which they are trained to detect. They don't choose to respond or even think about it; it's not voluntary.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
The training used triggers a Pavlovian response. Cadaver dogs are conditioned to signal when they detect that which they are trained to detect. They don't choose to respond or even think about it; it's not voluntary.

You don't know it's that precise....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »
You don't know it's that precise....

You want to spend pages arguing about Pavlovian conditioning?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2020, 10:24:02 AM »

You should know that I don't.  I don't accept the alerts as being totally accurate and neither does Prof Casselles who write the forward, to Grimes white, paper

Offline barrier

« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »
You should know that I don't.  I don't accept the alerts as being totally accurate and neither does Prof Casselles who write the forward, to Grimes white, paper

There's only one person missing from 5a in as yet unexplained circumstances,the only apartment where the dogs alert,tis some coincidence.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »

I wonder if you ir Grime understand what a, pavlonian response is.  It involves a neutral paired stimulus. .so what is the neutral paired stimulus in this case

Offline barrier

« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
How many pigs are missing from 5a?

They could of course have played this little piggy went to market,might go to some way of an explanation.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2020, 10:29:41 AM »

There's only one person missing from 5a in as yet unexplained circumstances,the only apartment where the dogs alert,tis some coincidence.

It might seem a coincidence to those who don't understand  the true facts

Offline barrier

« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2020, 10:32:09 AM »
It might seem a coincidence ti those who don't understand  the true facts

Which is very very limited,so much as to not be able to come up with a definite theory.

Rowley:So, you’ll understand from your experience, the way murder investigations work, detectives will
start off with various hypotheses, about what’s happened in a murder, what has happened in a
missing person’s investigation, whether someone has been abducted. All those different possibilities
will be worked through. This case is no different from that but the evidence is limited at the moment to be cast iron as to which one of those hypotheses we should follow. So we have to keep an open
mind.
As I said we have some critical lines of enquiry, those linked to particular lines of enquiry, but
I’m not going to discuss them today because they are very much live investigations.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
Which is very very limited,so much as to not be able to come up with a definite theory.

Rowley:So, you’ll understand from your experience, the way murder investigations work, detectives will
start off with various hypotheses, about what’s happened in a murder, what has happened in a
missing person’s investigation, whether someone has been abducted. All those different possibilities
will be worked through. This case is no different from that but the evidence is limited at the moment to
be cast iron as to which one of those hypotheses we should follow. So we have to keep an open
mind. As I said we have some critical lines of enquiry, those linked to particular lines of enquiry, but
I’m not going to discuss them today because they are very much live investigations.

There's plenty of facts relating to the alerts by the dogs

Grines statement that he didn't realise the car, plastered with posters belonged to the mccanns takes some explaining

Offline barrier

« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2020, 10:37:12 AM »
There's plenty of facts relating to the alerts by the dogs

Grines statement that he didn't realise the car, plastered with posters belonged to the mccanns takes some explaining

The dog couldn't read them though.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2020, 10:38:33 AM »
The dog couldn't read them though.

Perhaps that's why he ignored the car until being called back

Offline Lace

« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »

Oh dear -

In fact, when looking at the similarities between the chemicals emitted from human remains and those of three other animals (pig, cow, and chicken), it was the chicken’s mix of chemicals that was closest to those of human remains and the pig was the least similar 7 . Each animal appears to have its own unique combination of chemicals, none of which is a match for the chemical mixture that is emitted from human remains 7 .