Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172596 times)

Offline The General

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »
eddie alerted to soil in the floer bed...why was no sample taken
A least you asked a sensible question.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2020, 09:19:23 PM »
A least you asked a sensible question.

I ask a lot of sensible questions

Offline The General

« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2020, 09:20:57 PM »
I ask a lot of sensible questions
Maybe the technology was in its infancy, or unknown.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2020, 09:22:25 PM »
Maybe the technology was in its infancy, or unknown.

excuses imo...cuddle cat wasnt taken either

Offline The General

« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2020, 09:27:05 PM »
excuses imo...cuddle cat wasnt taken either
It's not excuses. I think you jumped on the defensive too quickly. I don't know, so I'm throwing something out there.
Bearing in mind this paper was only published 2 years ago, suggests further research is ongoing.

But there's a wee something else in there that I know you didn't miss.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2020, 09:33:24 PM »
I don't.

Then what was the point of the link you posted - http://eprints.staffs.ac.uk/4774/ - hadn't you bothered to read it?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2020, 09:38:16 PM »
Then what was the point of the link you posted - http://eprints.staffs.ac.uk/4774/ - hadn't you bothered to read it?
Bless you, always thinking superficially. We do need people like you; thinking in simple terms.
Keep up the excellent posts.

Go on, delete the bits you don't like........

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2020, 09:38:51 PM »
It's not excuses. I think you jumped on the defensive too quickly. I don't know, so I'm throwing something out there.
Bearing in mind this paper was only published 2 years ago, suggests further research is ongoing.

But there's a wee something else in there that I know you didn't miss.

ive seen nothing there that alters my opinion in the slightest

Offline The General

« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
ive seen nothing there that alters my opinion in the slightest
Which opinion?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2020, 09:45:46 PM »

Offline The General

« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2020, 09:50:41 PM »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2020, 11:07:07 PM »
Bless you, always thinking superficially. We do need people like you; thinking in simple terms.
Keep up the excellent posts.

Go on, delete the bits you don't like........

For many years vegetation growth has been used as an indicator of clandestine grave sites and to that end many studies have been carried out re nutrients in the surrounding soil.  I believe it is why aerial surveys are undertaken when a body is being looked for.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #597 on: February 24, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »
This was posted on the ZAMPO thread but probably more relevent posted here.  No-one seems to be interested in Zampo no more if they ever were in the first instance.  I am still mightily puzzled why it was opened and then ignored, but there you are ...

The Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission closed David Gilroy’s case for a miscarriage of justice part of the basis for which was as follows ...

One strand was fully and professionally examined by the SCCRC.
They concluded that the evidence given by the dog handler was unreliable.
They say that evidence should not have been before the trial court.
However, they also say that the absence of the dog evidence would not have changed the guilty verdict.
http://www.gilroyfamily.info/news.asp

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2020, 04:56:40 PM »
This was posted on the ZAMPO thread but probably more relevent posted here.  No-one seems to be interested in Zampo no more if they ever were in the first instance.  I am still mightily puzzled why it was opened and then ignored, but there you are ...

The Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission closed David Gilroy’s case for a miscarriage of justice part of the basis for which was as follows ...

One strand was fully and professionally examined by the SCCRC.
They concluded that the evidence given by the dog handler was unreliable.
They say that evidence should not have been before the trial court.
However, they also say that the absence of the dog evidence would not have changed the guilty verdict.
http://www.gilroyfamily.info/news.asp

I am sorry if I started a topic that nobody had any interest in the first instance. I thought, try a topic that hadn’t been raised before see what happens. The first reply wasn’t about Zampo but about the training in general of dogs and that’s the way the discussion went. I can do nothing about that.

I do find it harsh that as probably the newest member here I am being passively criticised by a Senior Moderator for starting a topic of no interest and then not being able to keep it on topic.

I will certainly think twice about starting a new topic again. 

Boy, this place is hard to like sometimes.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #599 on: February 24, 2020, 04:59:36 PM »

Any Topic I start descends into Insults and Punch Ups so try not to take it too personally.