Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 172522 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #825 on: June 10, 2020, 02:14:18 PM »
Sorry don't agree but you know that. IMO He's talking about what's happening in that particular investigation at that time with the evidence they have, ie. they 'may become corroborated' by the forensics
he is not excluding them ever being corroborated by other means.

From Mark Harrisons report...

After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.

thats physical evidence in case you missed it.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #826 on: June 10, 2020, 02:30:22 PM »

After the conclusion of the searches, a meeting in the Portimao offices of the PJ took place in the cabinet of Goncalo AMARAL and those present included Guilermino ENCARNACO, an official representative from the Leicestershire police, Martin GRIME and myself. During the meeting were exhibited videos with the details of search activities including the sniffer dogs lead by Martin GRIME. GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.

So obviously imo that meant Maddie's body - not just anybody.

So they must have had something they thought was connected to Maddie but - needed further proof.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:00:58 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #827 on: June 10, 2020, 02:33:00 PM »

So they must have had something they thought was connected to Maddie but - needed further proof.

thats your opinion...im quoting what Grime says...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:01:41 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #828 on: June 10, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »

I agree, finding her remains would have established the cause of her demise and very probably provided pointers as to who was involved.  One must remember that at that time the parents were suspected of being involved in her disappearance given the evidence.

As it stands presently, the Portuguese courts have stated that Kate and Gerry have NOT been cleared.

The Germans will have to bring in those special CSI dogs again once the digs begin.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:08:54 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »

Problem is that there might not be a body any more.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »
I believe if there is one to be found it's probably inside a bag at the bottom of the Barragem da Bravura that has never been searched. They can get cadaver dogs in boats and see if they give an alert.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #831 on: June 10, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
I agree, finding her remains would have established the cause of her demise and very probably provided pointers as to who was involved.  One must remember that at that time the parents were suspected of being involved in her disappearance given the evidence.

As it stands presently, the Portuguese courts have stated that Kate and Gerry have NOT been cleared.

The Germans will have to bring in those special CSI dogs again once the digs begin.

Do go away, Lovey.  You are a busted flush on this one.

Please feel free to delete my comment.  Do you think I don't know that you do this?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:41:21 PM by Eleanor »

Offline kizzy

« Reply #832 on: June 10, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
Problem is that there might not be a body any more.

I don't think there is - and hasn't been from Maddie disappearing.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #833 on: June 10, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »

You really are living in the past... No evidence against the parents... There never was any real evidence and in this situation the parents are always suspects

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2020, 06:01:58 PM »
They haven't released details on their final lead so you don't know who they are investigating. Police usual practice is to not make it known until they have sufficient evidence to charge and successfully convict!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #835 on: June 10, 2020, 06:04:52 PM »
They haven't released details on their final lead so you don't know who they are investigating. Police usual practice is to not make it known until they have sufficient evidence to charge and successfully convict!
The MET have always been at pains to state they will not give a running commentary,nothing's changed imo,this German is a potential important witness imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
Yes and there's good reason for it!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #837 on: June 10, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »

@)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #838 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:54 PM »

Yes Harrison seems to think it has to be physical, Grime is not recorded as saying that, ever.

Grime uses the the word 'corroborate' or phrase 'corroborating evidence' 6 times in his report and never once attaches the word physical.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #839 on: June 10, 2020, 09:28:29 PM »
Yes Harrison seems to think it has to be physical, Grime is not recorded as saying that, ever.

Grime uses the the word 'corroborate' or phrase 'corroborating evidence' 6 times in his report and never once attaches the word physical.

read it again more carefully..

GRIME commented on the actions of the dogs and added that no confirmed evidence or information could be taken from the alerts by the dogs but needed to be confirmed with physical evidence.