Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170903 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »
Im happy to accept they alert to pigs...Do thye alert to a dead bird...have they been tested ....NO

Similarly the dog has never alerted to 'road kill', that is any other dead animal.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

However, the key to training a search dog is the ball. Swindells said: "We use this desire for the ball to teach the dog to find drugs, explosives, forensic markers, anything.

"Because these dogs have such a high drive, they'll work all day and all they want is the ball."

https://www.forces.net/feature/dogs-trained-find-bodies
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »
Similarly the dog has never alerted to 'road kill', that is any other dead animal.

ive never alerted to roadkill either..........where are the tests...where is the science. There is none...no one knows for ceratin what these dogs will alert to

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2020, 07:55:12 PM »
Cadaver dogs are known as valuable forensic tools in crime scene investigations. Scientific research attempting to verify their value is largely lacking, specifically for scents associated with the early postmortem interval. The aim of our investigation was the comparative evaluation of the reliability, accuracy, and specificity of three cadaver dogs belonging to the Hamburg State Police in the detection of scents during the early postmortem interval. Carpet squares were used as an odor transporting media after they had been contaminated with the scent of two recently deceased bodies (PMI<3h). The contamination occurred for 2 min as well as 10 min without any direct contact between the carpet and the corpse. Comparative searches by the dogs were performed over a time period of 65 days (10 min contamination) and 35 days (2 min contamination). The results of this study indicate that the well-trained cadaver dog is an outstanding tool for crime scene investigation displaying excellent sensitivity (75-100), specificity (91-100), and having a positive predictive value (90-100), negative predictive value (90-100) as well as accuracy (92-100).

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51385143_Cadaver_dogs_-_A_study_on_detection_of_contaminated_carpet_squares
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2020, 07:57:18 PM »
Cadaver dogs are known as valuable forensic tools in crime scene investigations. Scientific research attempting to verify their value is largely lacking, specifically for scents associated with the early postmortem interval. The aim of our investigation was the comparative evaluation of the reliability, accuracy, and specificity of three cadaver dogs belonging to the Hamburg State Police in the detection of scents during the early postmortem interval. Carpet squares were used as an odor transporting media after they had been contaminated with the scent of two recently deceased bodies (PMI<3h). The contamination occurred for 2 min as well as 10 min without any direct contact between the carpet and the corpse. Comparative searches by the dogs were performed over a time period of 65 days (10 min contamination) and 35 days (2 min contamination). The results of this study indicate that the well-trained cadaver dog is an outstanding tool for crime scene investigation displaying excellent sensitivity (75-100), specificity (91-100), and having a positive predictive value (90-100), negative predictive value (90-100) as well as accuracy (92-100).

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51385143_Cadaver_dogs_-_A_study_on_detection_of_contaminated_carpet_squares

you miss teh point...and actually make my point for me
we all know cadaver dogs detect cadaver.....but what else do they react to

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2020, 09:18:08 PM »
dogs used  at airports alert to 100s of  things     

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »
dogs used  at airports alert to 100s of  things     

They are also used to identify cancer in humans. 

Amazing dog story- Indulge me.

My friend was told many years ago she could not have children- she and her husband got a dog. a spaniel as a pup. 10 years after being told about her childless state. her pup began to act very strange.  He barked at anyone including her husband who went near her, he became very possessive ,followed her everywhere-which was a complete change in his personality- they took him to the vet, thinking he may have head tumor or something- however the vet told my friend should go to the Doctors as the dog senses something- being terrified but going. a week later the results were she was three months pregnant! when baby was born healthy,  the dog became very possessive about the baby!  like a nanny.

Dogs have all the senses we may have lost over the years. Including the 6th!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2020, 11:43:00 PM »
They are also used to identify cancer in humans. 

Amazing dog story- Indulge me.

My friend was told many years ago she could not have children- she and her husband got a dog. a spaniel as a pup. 10 years after being told about her childless state. her pup began to act very strange.  He barked at anyone including her husband who went near her, he became very possessive ,followed her everywhere-which was a complete change in his personality- they took him to the vet, thinking he may have head tumor or something- however the vet told my friend should go to the Doctors as the dog senses something- being terrified but going. a week later the results were she was three months pregnant! when baby was born healthy,  the dog became very possessive about the baby!  like a nanny.

Dogs have all the senses we may have lost over the years. Including the 6th!

I saw a TV programme which showed an Australian aborigine man fishing with his fairly young children. When asked if it was safe as there were crocodiles in the river he said they used their sixth sense. According to him he knew whether he was in danger at any point and he had taught his children to be aware just as he was. He said everyone has the ability but most of us don't use it any more.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2020, 11:49:35 PM »
Was it Madeleine’s?

Was there even any blood there?  I'm sure someone will correct me if I've got it wrong but wasn't the only blood found on the tiles from one of the PJ guys who lifted the tiles after both dogs had done what they were trained to do in that area of the room?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2020, 12:03:22 AM »
I saw a TV programme which showed an Australian aborigine man fishing with his fairly young children. When asked if it was safe as there were crocodiles in the river he said they used their sixth sense. According to him he knew whether he was in danger at any point and he had taught his children to be aware just as he was. He said everyone has the ability but most of us don't use it any more.

Perhaps this man was just very lucky to have retained his 6th sense if you use an internet search engine you will find that very many indigenous people in Australia have fallen prey to crocodiles.

Snip
A 12-year-old boy is thought to have been eaten by a crocodile in Australia's Northern Territories, in the second fatal attack to take place in two weeks, reports the BBC.

The youngster, who is thought to have come from a Aboriginal community near Port Bradshaw in East Arnhem Land, was swimming with a group of family and friends when he was attacked by the reptile.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-12-02/crocodile-devours-12-year-old-australian-boy-second-fatal-attack-two-weeks
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2020, 12:07:19 AM »
I expect their olfactory senses are just as good as dogs as well.  Sadly it seems their are losing their 6th sense when it comes to the crocs though... https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/14/fatal-crocodile-attacks-rising-in-northern-territory-data-shows
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2020, 12:10:12 AM »
Perhaps this man was just very lucky to have retained his 6th sense if you use an internet search engine you will find that very many indigenous people in Australia have fallen prey to crocodiles.

Snip
A 12-year-old boy is thought to have been eaten by a crocodile in Australia's Northern Territories, in the second fatal attack to take place in two weeks, reports the BBC.

The youngster, who is thought to have come from a Aboriginal community near Port Bradshaw in East Arnhem Land, was swimming with a group of family and friends when he was attacked by the reptile.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-12-02/crocodile-devours-12-year-old-australian-boy-second-fatal-attack-two-weeks
ooh, snap!  (Sorry, that was a bit tasteless in the circs).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2020, 08:44:28 AM »
ALL cadaver dogs alert to pig so you are not making a point here.

In my role as advisor to the U.S. Justice Department I have facilitated assessment of numerous cadaver search dog teams in the United States. These dogs are exclusively trained using human cadaver sources. When I introduced decomposing pig cadavers into training assessments 100 % of the animals alerted to the medium.

Decomposing pig,   Madeleine wouldn't have been decomposing that's my point,  any dog would alert to decomposing pig as there is a gas which smells like human cadaver when the pig is at a stage of decomposition.  Madeleine wouldn't have been at this stage.   Those cadaver dogs as I have said would alert to a buried body or pig as would Eddie as would any dog as the smell of decomposing is strong,  there was no body in 5a and if Madeleine had died there she wouldn't have been left to decompose.

Offline Lace

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2020, 08:56:08 AM »
There are only  seven compounds that  pig and a human both  share and they are only memitted when the pig or human are in the late stages of decomposition.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2020, 09:05:54 AM »

Just because this man thinks he has a sixth sense... Does that make it true.... You seem to accept things without question

Offline barrier

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
There are only  seven compounds that  pig and a human both  share and they are only memitted when the pig or human are in the late stages of decomposition.

What of early stages then?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.