Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170904 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
Decomposing pig,   Madeleine wouldn't have been decomposing that's my point,  any dog would alert to decomposing pig as there is a gas which smells like human cadaver when the pig is at a stage of decomposition.  Madeleine wouldn't have been at this stage.   Those cadaver dogs as I have said would alert to a buried body or pig as would Eddie as would any dog as the smell of decomposing is strong,  there was no body in 5a and if Madeleine had died there she wouldn't have been left to decompose.

I thought decomposition began immediately?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
I thought decomposition began immediately?

It isn't detectable by dogs immediately

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »

How do you know?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2020, 10:38:31 AM »
How do you know?

I think that's quite a silly question
This us one area where there has been some scientific research... Try and Google to find it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:40:59 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
I think that's quite a silly question
This us one area where there has been some scientific research... Try and Google to find it

Try supporting your postings of 'facts' by some evidence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Has it not been long accepted when discussing this case that it takes at least 90 minutes (though two hours seems the more accepted time) before a body emits an odour detectable to thr dogs?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2020, 11:45:05 AM »
Has it not been long accepted when discussing this case that it takes at least 90 minutes (though two hours seems the more accepted time) before a body emits an odour detectable to thr dogs?

Accepted by whom? You?
Result = happy posting.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2020, 11:48:32 AM »

Seems it is.

https://www.aftermath.com/content/body-decomposition-smell/

Answering the question, “what does a dead body smell like?” can be difficult if you have never been around a dead body before. However, some people compare the putrid stench of a decomposing body to that of rotting fruit. When someone dies, the body immediately begins the decomposition process and the smell of death begins. Microorganisms create and emit various gases during the stages of human decomposition, which all combine to cause the smell of a cadaver.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »

why should i bother...from past experience you dont accept evidence if it doesnt suit you...even if its overwhelming
the thread title...according to just about evry expert the alerts are intelligence not evidence

Offline The General

« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:11 AM »
why should i bother...from past experience you dont accept evidence if it doesnt suit you...even if its overwhelming
the thread title...according to just about evry expert the alerts are intelligence not evidence
You've just spent a week arguing that the alerts were inadmissible as evidence, not inadmissible as intelligence.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2020, 11:56:15 AM »
You've just spent a week arguing that the alerts were inadmissible as evidence, not inadmissible as intelligence.

Not to mention the fact that it's the judge who decides what's admissible in a case; there are no 'rules' about admissibility.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
Accepted by whom? You?
Those who discuss this case, sceptic and supporter alike, I guess this is news to you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2020, 12:14:04 PM »
Seems it is.

https://www.aftermath.com/content/body-decomposition-smell/

Answering the question, “what does a dead body smell like?” can be difficult if you have never been around a dead body before. However, some people compare the putrid stench of a decomposing body to that of rotting fruit. When someone dies, the body immediately begins the decomposition process and the smell of death begins. Microorganisms create and emit various gases during the stages of human decomposition, which all combine to cause the smell of a cadaver.
Do you have a cite to support your contention that dogs can detect a cadaver that has been in situ for less than 90 minutes?

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »

"from past experience you dont accept evidence if it doesnt suit you"

Is this irony?
You simply will not accept the empirical fact that dog alerts uncorroborated by forensic evidence have been and are admissible in a UK Court of Law. For what reason you don't accept this fact is beyond me.
I see that posters are classified mostly either a sceptic or a believer on this site so are there any posters who share Davel's belief that they are not evidence. I don't mean that they think they shouldn't be but think they are definitely not admissible in a UK court?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:34:15 PM by Icanhandlethetruth »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2020, 12:35:24 PM »
"from past experience you dont accept evidence if it doesnt suit you"

Is this irony.
You simply will not accept the empirical fact that dog alerts uncorroborated by forensic evidence have been and are admissible in a UK Court of Law. For what reason you don't accept this fact is beyond me.
I see that posters are classified mostly either a sceptic or a believer on this site so are there any posters who share Davel's belief that they are not evidence. I don't mean that they think they shouldn't be but think they are definitely not admissible in a UK court?

I've already posted this... Alerts have been admitted in two cases... Fact
My opinion is that they should not have been and if properly challenged would not be.. In the gilroy case I have seen evidence that the SCCRC decided they should not have been admitted

Your opinion is that they are admissible... Mine is that they are not.  Don't misrepresent my posts