Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170926 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #990 on: June 22, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »
i cant see how it could be used as evidence when grime and harrison both say they have no evidentail value and Grimes comment re which alerts could become corroberated. If he has changed his mind...which he appears to have then that makes him an unreliable witness.

As you know, it's not Harrison or Grime's job to decide what is or is not evidence. If a defence team believe the alerts are useful to a case the judge would be the person who would decide whether to allow them to be admitted or not.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #991 on: June 22, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »
As you know, it's not Harrison or Grime's job to decide what is or is not evidence. If a defence team believe the alerts are useful to a case the judge would be the person who would decide whether to allow them to be admitted or not.

We've been through this before.. With Grime Harrison saying the alerts have no evidential value I think you are dreaming

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #992 on: June 22, 2020, 10:47:28 AM »
We've been through this before.. With Grime Harrison saying the alerts have no evidential value I think you are dreaming

I realise that you have relied on what they said, but it has been shown that it's not a police decision.
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #993 on: June 22, 2020, 10:50:00 AM »
The majority of the jurors in the Gilroy case must have been dreaming too. zzZZZZzzzZZZZzzZZZzzzZzzz
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #994 on: June 22, 2020, 11:08:07 AM »
I realise that you have relied on what they said, but it has been shown that it's not a police decision.

It's the judges decision based on what the experts say... That's why I rely on what the experts say

Offline Brietta

« Reply #995 on: June 22, 2020, 12:13:41 PM »

I think it is all yesterday's news pretty much as it was on the day and hour the actual forensic report came through from the FSS showing that there was no forensic evidence to back up the wild claims made by Amaral.

A child's body sniffed through feet of concrete indeed !!!! etc.  But we've seen the reality of the Jersey visit and read about the aftermath, so I think it is well beyond time the myth of the dogs was laid to rest,
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #996 on: June 22, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »
It's the judges decision based on what the experts say... That's why I rely on what the experts say

It seems that the expert view has evolved in that the evidence of dependable handlers with dogs whose training and reliability records are well documented is admissable as part of a body of evidence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #997 on: June 22, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »
They ignore the tests being done to see what gases are emitted from a pig [which Grime trained Eddie on] and human cadaver.  They showed that during the first stage of decomposition,  there was no gas.  Which means if Madeleine lay dead in the apartment she would have had to have lain there for quite a while for the cadaver scent to be alerted to by Eddie.  All rubbish as far as I'm concerned.  Eddie smelt something but it wasn't cadaver scent.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #998 on: June 22, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »
I think it is all yesterday's news pretty much as it was on the day and hour the actual forensic report came through from the FSS showing that there was no forensic evidence to back up the wild claims made by Amaral.

A child's body sniffed through feet of concrete indeed !!!! etc.  But we've seen the reality of the Jersey visit and read about the aftermath, so I think it is well beyond time the myth of the dogs was laid to rest,

We're discussing the admissability of dog alerts as evidence, not the existence or non-existence of forensic evidence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #999 on: June 22, 2020, 01:25:04 PM »
They ignore the tests being done to see what gases are emitted from a pig [which Grime trained Eddie on] and human cadaver.  They showed that during the first stage of decomposition,  there was no gas.  Which means if Madeleine lay dead in the apartment she would have had to have lain there for quite a while for the cadaver scent to be alerted to by Eddie.  All rubbish as far as I'm concerned.  Eddie smelt something but it wasn't cadaver scent.

I don't think a lay person's opinion is going to affect anything. Others will decide whether a dog's alerts are worthy of being included as evidence or not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1000 on: June 22, 2020, 01:33:13 PM »
It seems that the expert view has evolved in that the evidence of dependable handlers with dogs whose training and reliability records are well documented is admissable as part of a body of evidence.

I don't think it is due to changes in expert opinion.  I think it has always rested on the reliability of the dogs and the evidence they uncovered.  Grime told us that in his report from Luz.

The fact is that Eddie and Keela did not find any evidence in Luz which fits with sceptic beliefs.  Indeed I believe that expert opinion at the time was that their performance in Luz in combination with that in Jersey, the work of dogs and their handlers was set back many years.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1001 on: June 22, 2020, 01:33:23 PM »

Just on eexpert it seems....Prof Cassella who wrote the forward to the white paper doesnt agree. i wonder if harrison has changed his mind or not. Grime acnnot change what he said in 2007....I wonder what caused him to change his mind. His change without any reason suggests unrelaibility imo

how many times has Grime ...in his long career ...given evidence in any UK court....I cant remember one. that is very unimpressive imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1002 on: June 22, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »
I don't think a lay person's opinion is going to affect anything. Others will decide whether a dog's alerts are worthy of being included as evidence or not.

But Grime...Harrison...Cassella have told us they are not

Offline The General

« Reply #1003 on: June 22, 2020, 01:37:13 PM »
But Grime...Harrison...Cassella have told us they are not
When?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1004 on: June 22, 2020, 01:39:43 PM »

And it will be lay people ... not 'experts' who will decide the reliability or otherwise of what is presented to a trial.