Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170940 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #1665 on: July 19, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
Right there with Morse and Grime, as you would know if you read the link I provided.
I don’t read every link and I wasn’t asking you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1666 on: July 19, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »
It's less than 48 hours, isn't it?

There's a man in prison and Morse's evidence helped to put him there. Closer to home there's another man in prison and another cadaver dog's alerts helped to put him there. Cadaver dog alerts can and have been used in cases where no body can be found.
Yes, like the case of the Swedish serial killer who never was, put in prison by a faulty cadaver dog called Zampo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1667 on: July 19, 2020, 01:25:14 PM »
It's less than 48 hours, isn't it?

There's a man in prison and Morse's evidence helped to put him there. Closer to home there's another man in prison and another cadaver dog's alerts helped to put him there. Cadaver dog alerts can and have been used in cases where no body can be found.

And Cadaver Dogs have been known to be wrong.  If the day ever comes when Convictions rely on Dogs then Justice will be over.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1668 on: July 19, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »
And Cadaver Dogs have been known to be wrong.  If the day ever comes when Convictions rely on Dogs then Justice will be over.

They are perfectly acceptable as part of a body of circumstantial evidence imo. Forensic scientists and medical experts have been known to be wrong too.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1669 on: July 19, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
They are perfectly acceptable as part of a body of circumstantial evidence imo. Forensic scientists and medical experts have been known to be wrong too.

They have almost never been acceptable in UK courts.....and every UK expert apart from Grime it seems accepts this. perhaps tahts why he was invited to the US....because his view seems out of line with accepted opinion

Offline barrier

« Reply #1670 on: July 19, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »

If a cadaver dog were to find Madeleine's remains on land once frequented/owned by this German suspect would you accept that.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1671 on: July 19, 2020, 01:48:22 PM »
If a cadaver dog were to find Madeleine's remains on land once frequented/owned by this German suspect would you accept that.

the alert would then be corroborated by physical evidence

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1672 on: July 19, 2020, 01:53:39 PM »

I don't think they need Cadaver Dogs for this.  They need to climb down very deep wells and haul out any Bones.

As for a grave then give me a shout.  My Dachshund will find it for free.  Rotten Little Swine.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1673 on: July 19, 2020, 01:57:05 PM »
I don't think they need Cadaver Dogs for this.  They need to climb down very deep wells and haul out any Bones.

As for a grave then give me a shout.  My Dachshund will find it for free.  Rotten Little Swine.
They should lower Morse into every well on a harness or hold him over the well and if he barks they can investigate further.  If he doesn’t then it 100% means no body was ever put down there.  It would save a lot of time and effort.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1674 on: July 19, 2020, 02:26:22 PM »
They have almost never been acceptable in UK courts.....and every UK expert apart from Grime it seems accepts this. perhaps tahts why he was invited to the US....because his view seems out of line with accepted opinion

Michael Stone....absolutely no eye witness evidence or forensics to tie him to the murder he was convicted of. The case was purely circumstantial.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1675 on: July 19, 2020, 05:03:39 PM »
Yes, like the case of the Swedish serial killer who never was, put in prison by a faulty cadaver dog called Zampo.

You need to go back and read the detail of that case. None of the Police trained dogs gave false alerts... Zampo didn’t have Eddie’s credentials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1676 on: July 19, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
Michael Stone....absolutely no eye witness evidence or forensics to tie him to the murder he was convicted of. The case was purely circumstantial.

According to what we read in the press and TV. It would be interesting to see the evidence he  was convicted on...was it just his alleged confession to another prisoner....more evidence against CB it would seem.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1677 on: July 19, 2020, 05:23:16 PM »
You need to go back and read the detail of that case. None of the Police trained dogs gave false alerts... Zampo didn’t have Eddie’s credentials.

What Credentials?  Eddie wasn't even Licensed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1678 on: July 19, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »
Zampo was a trained cadaver dog that put an inncoent man in jail, no?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1679 on: July 19, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »
What about the trained police cadaver dog that was shown on tv recently alerting to a dead chick and rewarded for doing so by his trainer?  What was that all about?