Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170940 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #1725 on: July 21, 2020, 09:53:05 AM »
....read my post again and what youve just posted. Eddie alerts to remnant scent...but doesnt bark...he holds his head in the air.

its you who is wrong not me

"The first alert was given with the dogs head in the air without a positive area
being identified."  Eddies first alert in 5A was at the wardrobe where we all have heard him bark.
He held his head up and barked.  He alerted.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:05:28 AM by G-Unit »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1726 on: July 21, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
Now you're being the fool.   "The first alert was given with the dogs head in the air without a positive area
being identified."  Eddies first alert in 5A was at the wardrobe where we all have heard him bark.
He held his head up and barked.  He alerted.

I havent mnetioned the wardrobe...you are so intent on trying to prove me wrong you are making mistakes.

My point is that according to Grime eddie doesnt bark  at remnant scent..he alerts by raisng his head in the air...he only barks when tangible evidence is present...so where is the tangible evidence

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1727 on: July 21, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
I havent mnetioned the wardrobe...you are so intent on trying to prove me wrong you are making mistakes.

My point is that according to Grime eddie doesnt bark  at remnant scent..he alerts by raisng his head in the air...he only barks when tangible evidence is present...so where is the tangible evidence
It is Grime's words we are debating.  The "first alert" as we know from watching the video was at the wardrobe. You don't have to mention the wardrobe but the quote from Grime said "the first alert".  Where was that at?

"according to Grime eddie doesnt bark  at remnant scent..he alerts by raisng his head in the air...he only barks when tangible evidence is present"   That is your incorrect interpretation of what Grime said.  https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:03:13 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1728 on: July 21, 2020, 10:01:57 AM »
Ask Martin Grime as it is his words we are debating.

Martin Grime isn't saying anything and almost certainly never will.  The whole thing was a mess and he knows that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1729 on: July 21, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
It is Grime's words we are debating.  The "first alert" as we know from watching the video was at the wardrobe. You don't have to mention the wardrobe but the quote from Grime said "the first alert".  Where was that at?

You might be debating something different...I havent mentioned the alert in the wardrobe...my point is re what gunit pisted re alerts when no tangible e vidence is present...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:07:36 AM by G-Unit »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1730 on: July 21, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »
You might be debating something different...I havent mentioned the alert in the wardrobe...my point is re what gunit pisted re alerts when no tangible e vidence is present...
G-unit used the reference I gave.  In there it explains Eddie's alerts.     https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

You see if your view can be taken directly from the words Grime uses.  I bet you can't.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:09:11 AM by G-Unit »
Moderation

Offline Lace

« Reply #1731 on: July 21, 2020, 10:12:30 AM »
You only have to look at the cuddle cat 'alert'   and the clothes 'alert'  to see that Eddie is not alerting to cadaver scent.   He PLAYED with Cuddle Cat,  now he was supposed to be sniffing out cadaver scent he couldn't have come any closer to Cuddle Cat when he found it picked it up and tossed it in the air,  why didn't he alert?   The clothes Eddie sniffed about then suddenly picked up the clothes in his mouth [something trained Cadaver dog should not do] each item was next to the other,  laughable IMO

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1732 on: July 21, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »

"according to Grime eddie doesnt bark  at remnant scent..he alerts by raisng his head in the air...he only barks when tangible evidence is present"   That is your incorrect interpretation of what Grime said.  https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

It's not incorrect..it's precisely what Grime has said

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1733 on: July 21, 2020, 10:15:19 AM »
It's not incorrect..it's precisely what Grime has said
Cut a paste the section then,   Either that or this debate stops here for your lack of citation.  Cite the part that proives your position.
Moderation

Offline Lace

« Reply #1734 on: July 21, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »

What did he smell?   He was called back into the bedroom,  he wouldn't have bothered with the bedroom at all if Grime hadn't called him back.   He then IMO give a desperate alert to something,  maybe from where the clothes had been stored,  could have been urine on children clothes or blood on something that had been there.  Other families had stayed in 5a after the McCann's.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1735 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18:19 AM »
G-unit used the reference I gave.  In there it explains Eddie's alerts.    https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

You see if your view can be taken directly from the words Grime uses.  I bet you can't.

Grimes words..

f she wasn't then he probably didn't alert to a wall. He may have had his head up;

The first alert was given with the dogs head in the air without a positive area
being identified. This is the alert given by him when there is no tangible
evidence to be located only the remaining scent
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

So grime is clearly saying where only remnant scent is present...eddie doesnt alert by barking...he laerts by raising his head...It couldnt be any clearer...but you find it hard to admit you are wrong...eddie does not bark at remnant scent...according to grime
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:50:57 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1736 on: July 21, 2020, 10:19:12 AM »
What did he smell?   He was called back into the bedroom,  he wouldn't have bothered with the bedroom at all if Grime hadn't called him back.   He then IMO give a desperate alert to something,  maybe from where the clothes had been stored,  could have been urine on children clothes or blood on something that had been there.  Other families had stayed in 5a after the McCann's.
Who knows, but he alerted.  He held his head up and barked as he was trained to do.
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1737 on: July 21, 2020, 10:19:25 AM »
You might be debating something different...I havent mentioned the alert in the wardrobe...my point is re what gunit pisted re alerts when no tangible e vidence is present...you are obviously confused

Please don't accuse someone of being confused.  It adds nothing to the discussion.  I am confused, let alone those less informed than I am.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1738 on: July 21, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »
G-unit used the reference I gave.  In there it explains Eddie's alerts.   It is you who is confused.  https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

You too also.  Drop the Confused.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1739 on: July 21, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »
Who knows, but he alerted.  He held his head up and barked as he was trained to do.

we all know he alerted....but not what the alert signifies