Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170905 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #1755 on: July 25, 2020, 08:02:20 PM »
At least you admit the dog alerts are robust.
But Sadie is picking it was cadaver odour from the ashes of a long deceased owner of the apartment.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #1756 on: July 25, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
the only fact is that the dog barked
Baphomet bless 'em too. Finding all those dead / alive people, drugs, guns, etc by barking, or standing still, as trained.
Amazing, but we have been training dogs for 15,000 years (not me personally, Eleanor maybe), so it's no wonder we managed to hone in on their specific abilities.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #1757 on: July 25, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »
But Sadie is picking it was cadaver odour from the ashes of a long deceased owner of the apartment.
That's next level and even surpasses the 'Golden Jacobean Lineage' theory.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1758 on: July 25, 2020, 08:10:23 PM »
That's next level and even surpasses the 'Golden Jacobean Lineage' theory.
Grime had not trained his dogs well enough for them to name the source of the cadaver odour.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1759 on: July 25, 2020, 08:11:59 PM »
Baphomet bless 'em too. Finding all those dead / alive people, drugs, guns, etc by barking, or standing still, as trained.
Amazing, but we have been training dogs for 15,000 years (not me personally, Eleanor maybe), so it's no wonder we managed to hone in on their specific abilities.

Theres absolutely no doubt the dogs will find cadaver or cadaver odour if its there ...with  a reliabilty of 95 % ..the problem arises if its not there...thats why grime and every other expert says the alerts need to be confirmed with physical evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1760 on: July 25, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
Grime had not trained his dogs well enough for them to name the source of the cadaver odour.

he hasnt shown to an acceptable scientific standard that the alerts are to cadaver odour

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1761 on: July 25, 2020, 08:15:39 PM »
Theres absolutely no doubt the dogs will find cadaver or cadaver odour if its there ...with  a reliabilty of 95 % ..the problem arises if its not there...thats why grime and every other expert says the alerts need to be confirmed with physical evidence
To have any possibility of naming the victim.
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #1762 on: July 25, 2020, 08:16:10 PM »
'WOOF, WOOF......Susan, aged 76, heavy smoker, died of WOOF lung cancer in '99. WOOF. WOOF. Family WOOF decided to bring her WOOF ashes to a shabby holiday let in Praia De Nowhere WOOF and stick them WOOF in the cupboard'. 'WOOF. They locked the back door though WOOF'.

Offline The General

« Reply #1763 on: July 25, 2020, 08:18:24 PM »
he hasnt shown to an acceptable scientific standard that the alerts are to cadaver odour
Have your read Casella's most recent paper on the subject?
I have. But my laptop died and I can't be arsed looking for it again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1764 on: July 25, 2020, 08:18:33 PM »
To have any possibility of naming the victim.

no...that isnt true...please dont make things up and present them as facts. Physical evidence to confirm the alert is to cadaver odour...anybodies

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1765 on: July 25, 2020, 08:20:07 PM »
Have your read Casella's most recent paper on the subject?
I have. But my laptop died and I can't be arsed looking for it again.

then if you cant provide a cite I cant critically examine it...thats a scientific principle...I suspect it may not even exist

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1766 on: July 25, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »
'WOOF, WOOF......Susan, aged 76, heavy smoker, died of WOOF lung cancer in '99. WOOF. WOOF. Family WOOF decided to bring her WOOF ashes to a shabby holiday let in Praia De Nowhere WOOF and stick them WOOF in the cupboard'. 'WOOF. They locked the back door though WOOF'.
And you'd have Cockney Rhyme issues as well.  e.g "Dog and bone" means "telephone".
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1767 on: July 25, 2020, 08:25:06 PM »
no...that isnt true...please dont make things up and present them as facts. Physical evidence to confirm the alert is to cadaver odour...anybody's.
But I'm still right too.  DNA evidence will give you a " possibility of naming the victim".   Don't be too harsh on me please. (I even corrected your spelling.)
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1768 on: July 25, 2020, 08:27:07 PM »
But I'm still right too.  DNA evidence will give you a " possibility of naming the victim".   Don't be too harsh on me please. (I even corrected your spelling.)

the remains are to confirm the alerts...they will of course provide evidence to name the victim...you corrected my typing....not my spelling

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1769 on: July 25, 2020, 08:32:47 PM »
the remains are to confirm the alerts...they will of course provide evidence to name the victim...you corrected my typing....not my spelling
Provided the DNA has not decomposed too much. I wonder if a victim has ever been identified following the analysis of samples found at a site alerted to by a cadaver dog?
Moderation