Author Topic: An Inept Investigation?  (Read 14505 times)

Offline jassi

Re: An Inept Investigation?
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2021, 08:39:56 PM »
If he were ever arrested, charged, prosecuted.

Doesn't seem to be much of that going on.

Even then, he doesn't actually need an alibi - it's not an offence not to have one.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2021, 08:40:46 PM »
I certainly don't remember where I was when Kennedy was assassinated, nor when Churchill died.

I think it very much depends on whether the event is of any personal importance.

I remember parts of 9/11 because that was hugely significant, 2000+ people dying & the possible threat of further attacks. (1 little girl disappearing just isn't comparable when you have no connection to the child)

I was at work, went to a friends house in the evening. Watched the blanket coverage.

No idea what I was doing in the days before or after.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2021, 08:41:27 PM »
It was on the national news quite heavily because the victim was a child.
Within hours of ithe murder occurring was it on rolling news, with the world’s media filling your town?  Was it on a Madeleine McCann scale?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2021, 08:44:39 PM »
I remember parts of 9/11 because that was hugely significant, 2000+ people dying & the possible threat of further attacks. (1 little girl disappearing just isn't comparable when you have no connection to the child)

I was at work, went to a friends house in the evening. Watched the blanket coverage.

No idea what I was doing in the days before or after.
You’re missing the point entirely.  It’s less about the event and more about the scale of the reaction to it and/or how it i pacts on the locale in  which you live.  If you live in a small town and it suddenly becomes the focus of intense police and media interest that would make it an extraordinary and memorable day wouldn’t it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2021, 08:45:43 PM »
Within hours of ithe murder occurring was it on rolling news, with the world’s media filling your town?  Was it on a Madeleine McCann scale?

It didn't make international news but was front page national news the day of the killing & was reported for some time after.

Maybe as a woman you personally were more interested by the McCann case through maternal instincts.

But personally, as a man, I don't give a shit about kids myself.

Offline jassi

« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2021, 08:45:47 PM »
I don't suppose Brueckner had a television in his camper van.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »
You’re missing the point entirely.  It’s less about the event and more about the scale of the reaction to it and/or how it i pacts on the locale in  which you live.  If you live in a small town and it suddenly becomes the focus of intense police and media interest that would make it an extraordinary and memorable day wouldn’t it?

No.

The national media were all over my local park the day of the killing.

Still not the slightest idea what I did though.

Offline jassi

« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2021, 08:49:04 PM »
As an aside, but relevant, is Brueckner fluent in Portuguese ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2021, 08:51:10 PM »
I don't suppose Brueckner had a television in his camper van.

He may not have a watched TV or listened to the radio that day. Or even ventured out of his paedo dungeon.

Social media was in it's infancy & many people didn't have internet access on their phones either.

The images found on Brueckner's memory stick were found post 2007 so, did he even have a computer then either?  Especially since he lived like a bit of a vagrant.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »
I'm not really interested in what anyone else thinks... I think it's important and that's all that matters... It seems Wolters thinks it is too

Offline jassi

« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »
I'm not really interested in what anyone else thinks... I think it's important and that's all that matters... It seems Wolters thinks it is too

I've lost track. What is it that you think is important?

Or maybe not -

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #326 on: September 26, 2021, 08:54:34 PM »

No amount of Wolters thinking is going to secure conviction.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2021, 08:57:39 PM »
I certainly don't remember where I was when Kennedy was assassinated, nor when Churchill died.

I think it very much depends on whether the event is of any personal importance.

So you think a young female child missing from about a mile away... Would not be of interest to a convicted paedo..
Knowing the police might come knocking on his door

I think he would have followed the story closely

Offline jassi

« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2021, 08:59:35 PM »
So you think a young female child missing from about s milee away... Would not be of interest to a convicted paedo..
Knowing the police might come knocking on his door

Might be a way of life for people like him - 'round up the usual suspects'

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2021, 09:01:16 PM »
No amount of Wolters thinking is going to secure conviction.

No alibi could be very important.. Like in the Gilroy case... The fact Gilroy could not account for his movements for a whole day was seen as very significant