Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464978 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #4815 on: January 13, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
The PJ Files contain the names of all officers that we know of who responded.

From memory, half of them were dragged out of their sleep, off-duty, and hauled in.

If ANYONE can tell me the number of properties between 5A and Casa Liliana I will buy him/her the finest Cuban cigar or Cuba Libre.

let's create  two new victims! the parents told family back home that nobody was doing anything and they were left all alone to search for their daughter... who was allegedly abducted, and the abductor was hanging around waiting to be 'spotted'?   OH you need to think that one through...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Lace

« Reply #4816 on: January 14, 2019, 09:57:33 AM »

let's create  two new victims! the parents told family back home that nobody was doing anything and they were left all alone to search for their daughter... who was allegedly abducted, and the abductor was hanging around waiting to be 'spotted'?   OH you need to think that one through...

They were left all alone,  the Police said see you in the morning.

IMO The McCann's believed Madeleine to have been abducted,  due to the fact the window was open which they  left closed, Madeleine was missing and not found anywhere in the surrounding areas where they had searched for her.   Would you have not thought of that?   If you were the McCann's would abduction have not crossed your mind?   

What are you talking about 'the abductor was hanging around waiting to be spotted'   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:53:00 PM by John »

Offline Lace

« Reply #4817 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »
The PJ Files contain the names of all officers that we know of who responded.

From memory, half of them were dragged out of their sleep, off-duty, and hauled in.

If ANYONE can tell me the number of properties between 5A and Casa Liliana I will buy him/her the finest Cuban cigar or Cuba Libre.

'dragged out of their sleep,  off duty,  hauled in'   what a shame.   That is normal procedure with any Police force,  detectives work through the night,  they want to find a missing child.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4818 on: January 14, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
'dragged out of their sleep,  off duty,  hauled in'   what a shame.   That is normal procedure with any Police force,  detectives work through the night,  they want to find a missing child.
You have run another canard up the flag.

There was no record of Murat when the GNR first responded.  He would not turn up until later.  Ditto, no mention of Casa Liliana.

That leaves you with the entire eastern half of Luz for your door-to-door search/enquiries.

So how many officers do you think should have been assigned to this diligence? How many would you have assigned to this, had you been in charge?

*&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #4819 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:47 AM »
You have run another canard up the flag.

There was no record of Murat when the GNR first responded.  He would not turn up until later.  Ditto, no mention of Casa Liliana.

That leaves you with the entire eastern half of Luz for your door-to-door search/enquiries.

So how many officers do you think should have been assigned to this diligence? How many would you have assigned to this, had you been in charge?

*&(+(+

Most of the GNR officers if not all of them speak about Jane and her seeing a man carrying a child.   One of them thinks that because it was dark and Jane couldn't give much of a description of the man but decribes the pyjamas this wasn't a credible sighting.

Another says because the sighting had already been given he did nothing about what Jane had said.

There is a lot of talk of searching,  lorries etc.   yet not one of them thought to knock on the doors of the houses where Jane said she saw her man heading towards.    Murat even says he was still up when he heard sirens.  I'm sorry but to me this just beggars belief.

As to how many Police I would assign to the task of door to door,  as many as it took.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4820 on: January 14, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »

Most of the GNR officers if not all of them speak about Jane and her seeing a man carrying a child.   One of them thinks that because it was dark and Jane couldn't give much of a description of the man but decribes the pyjamas this wasn't a credible sighting.

Another says because the sighting had already been given he did nothing about what Jane had said.

There is a lot of talk of searching,  lorries etc.   yet not one of them thought to knock on the doors of the houses where Jane said she saw her man heading towards.    Murat even says he was still up when he heard sirens.  I'm sorry but to me this just beggars belief.

As to how many Police I would assign to the task of door to door,  as many as it took.
At a first estimate, there are perhaps 2,000 properties in eastern Luz, the direction of Tannerman.

So 'as many as it took' is how many?  From where are you getting this enormous reserve of manpower?  Would you halt the next day searches that were carried out on a woke-and-wandered basis?  Would you stop all of the other 'normal' police activities in the western Algarve to resource your door-to-door priority?

I am going to assume you have never visited Luz and consequently you have no idea just how impractical your idea is.  If you ever make to this neck of the woods, let me know.  I'll be happy to take you around the area, and let you decide for yourself if you still think it can be done.
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #4821 on: January 14, 2019, 11:39:47 AM »
At a first estimate, there are perhaps 2,000 properties in eastern Luz, the direction of Tannerman.

So 'as many as it took' is how many?  From where are you getting this enormous reserve of manpower?  Would you halt the next day searches that were carried out on a woke-and-wandered basis?  Would you stop all of the other 'normal' police activities in the western Algarve to resource your door-to-door priority?

I am going to assume you have never visited Luz and consequently you have no idea just how impractical your idea is.  If you ever make to this neck of the woods, let me know.  I'll be happy to take you around the area, and let you decide for yourself if you still think it can be done.

What I am saying is and which you appear to be ignoring.   There doesn't seem to have been any door to door undertaken in the immediate area where Jane saw a man carrying a child.  Murat didn't have anyone knocking on his door to ask if he had seen anyone,  for all the Police knew Madeleine could have been lying in Murat's garden having been abandoned by the abductor.

The rest of the door to door could have been carried out at a later date,  the Police did have cars you know.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4822 on: January 14, 2019, 11:59:14 AM »
Again, why are you obsessed with Murat ? There were any number of other dwellings in the area. Why ot somebody else's garden ?

I just used Murat as an example his house was nearest,  I don't know the names of the owners of the other houses.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4823 on: January 14, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »
Is his house the nearest dwelling? There is not an apartment block just across the road from 5A ?

Why is it always written that the man Kate saw was heading in the direction of Murat's house?   I'm not saying he was heading in that direction because Murat had something to do with it,  but that is what I have read.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4824 on: January 14, 2019, 12:27:41 PM »
You seem confused. Kate never saw anyone.

Correction 'Jane'

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4825 on: January 14, 2019, 12:28:34 PM »
Please cut out the libel by innuendo.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4826 on: January 14, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »

What libel by innuendo?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:53:29 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4827 on: January 14, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »
could you explain that please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4828 on: January 14, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »

And yet some people think this is EXACTLY what the McCanns themselves should have done that night.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4829 on: January 14, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »
Probably time to close the forum if you’ve finally cottoned on to “libel by innuendo”.  LOL.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly