Author Topic: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?  (Read 9572 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »
It’s unlikely that such a suggestion would have emanted from the McCanns themselves, so who came forward to tell the PJ that the McCanns planned to give Madeleine up to someone else to raise and why is this information not in the files?

The information from a family member to the FCO doesn’t seem to be in the files either.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »
Is that what happened then?  Madeleine cast out by her parents over Christmas?  I must admit this is news to me.

It appears to be a misunderstanding.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 10:20:21 PM »
It appears to be a misunderstanding.
So you don’t think the info given to the FCo by a family member was to tell them the McCanns decided not to spend a Christmas with Madeleine?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:47 PM »
So you don’t think the info given to the FCo by a family member was to tell them the McCanns decided not to spend a Christmas with Madeleine?

No. Why would you think I did ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 10:36:28 PM »
No. Why would you think I did ?
Just asking.  What is the point of starting this thread if it was according to you just a misunderstanding?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 10:58:54 PM »
Just asking.  What is the point of starting this thread if it was according to you just a misunderstanding?

Somewhat with my assistance.  I suspect that Faith's comment was tongue in cheek, due to a comment I made on another Thread.

The question was asked by The PJ Investigation, and is a point worth discussing.

And I would so like just one Thread to be conducted without animosity.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »

A misunderstanding? I’m not sure what you mean.

It would appear that everal supporters think that Kate was asked question 41 in her arguido interview because Madeleine had spent Christmas seperated from her family. They seem to base this on a quote in the Daily Record from Gerry’s mum. The quote however as been misinterpreted.

So if Madeleine didn’t spend Christmas without her family what prompted the PJ’s question ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 11:07:30 PM »
A misunderstanding? I’m not sure what you mean.

It would appear that everal supporters think that Kate was asked question 41 in her arguido interview because Madeleine had spent Christmas seperated from her family. They seem to base this on a quote in the Daily Record from Gerry’s mum. The quote however as been misinterpreted.

So if Madeleine didn’t spend Christmas without her family what prompted the PJ’s question ?
You used the wrd “misunderstanding “earlier to answer the question you posed in the thread title.  That’s what I meant.  I am a supporter and until today was not aware that “several supporters” claimed Madeleine spent one of her Christmases separated from her family.  Do you have a cite for your claim?  As for what prompted the PJ’s question, who knows?  Perhaps it was another misunderstanding?  As you suggest, they do happen.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
You used the wrd “misunderstanding “earlier to answer the question you posed in the thread title.  That’s what I meant.  I am a supporter and until today was not aware that “several supporters” claimed Madeleine spent one of her Christmases separated from her family.  Do you have a cite for your claim?  As for what prompted the PJ’s question, who knows?  Perhaps it was another misunderstanding?  As you suggest, they do happen.

Ah I see what you mean. The quote attributed to Eileen McCann was misunderstood imo.

As to supporters I have provided the name DCI on another thread as a supporter who misunderstood what Madeleine’s grandmother meant.

As to the question being a misunderstanding by the PJ it seems a pretty specific question for it to be the product of a misunderstanding.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 11:19:29 PM »

I made that original comment, VS.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 11:22:37 PM »
Ah I see what you mean. The quote attributed to Eileen McCann was misunderstood imo.

As to supporters I have provided the name DCI on another thread as a supporter who misunderstood what Madeleine’s grandmother meant.

As to the question being a misunderstanding by the PJ it seems a pretty specific question for it to be the product of a misunderstanding.
So, that’s one supporter who no longer posts here.  OK.  As for your second point, it is quite possible that the PJ misunderstood what they were told, or think they were told.  We know sometimes things get twisted in translation and we also know that whatever it was, wasn’t considered important enough for Amaral to mention in his book, as far as I can recall.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 11:26:28 PM »
I made that original comment, VS.
Fair enough, and Eleanor makes two.  But as I said earlier, it’s the first I’ve heard of it and I’ve been following the case since 2007. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:29 PM »
So, that’s one supporter who no longer posts here.  OK.  As for your second point, it is quite possible that the PJ misunderstood what they were told, or think they were told.  We know sometimes things get twisted in translation and we also know that whatever it was, wasn’t considered important enough for Amaral to mention in his book, as far as I can recall.

Did Amaral give the reasoning behind every question asked in the arguido interviews in his book ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2018, 11:33:18 PM »
Fair enough, and Eleanor makes two.  But as I said earlier, it’s the first I’ve heard of it and I’ve been following the case since 2007.

You know what they say VS, every day’s a school day !

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

I think the question was asked because The PJ were looking for a reason to suggest that Kate wanted rid of Madeleine.

These lists of questions are usually compiled by a psychologist, and designed to trap a suspect into giving themselves away.
If the suspect refuses to answer, as is their right, then a question mark is always left hanging and open to interpretation.

I would not have answered those question.