Author Topic: There was no frantic activity by the Tapas Group after the alarm was raised  (Read 15853 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Well for a start, how long after a death did contact take place with a body, i.e. the extent of decomposition ?

Did contact take place just with the surface of the body and/or with products of decomposition from within ?

etc.

If the dogs alerted in the apartment then decomposition had begun before maddie was removed

Offline Alice Purjorick

If the dogs alerted in the apartment then decomposition had begun before maddie was removed

Doesn't decomposition commence immediately after death?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

Doesn't decomposition commence immediately after death?

I think most understand what I mean

Offline pegasus

The best available study says minimum 85 minutes

Alfred R Jones

The best available study says minimum 85 minutes
So in order for the dogs to have alerted correctly Madeleine must have been dead lets say 90 minutes.  90 minutes prior to 10pm = dead before the McCanns left the apartment.  So when Smithman moved her body his clothes would have been covered in cadaver scent, clothes which we are told are visible on Gerry in the days after the disappearance.  So, why did the dogs not alert to them, or any of Gerry's other clothes which would almost certainly have come into contact with them?

Offline pegasus

So in order for the dogs to have alerted correctly Madeleine must have been dead lets say 90 minutes.  90 minutes prior to 10pm = dead before the McCanns left the apartment.  So when Smithman moved her body his clothes would have been covered in cadaver scent, clothes which we are told are visible on Gerry in the days after the disappearance.  So, why did the dogs not alert to them, or any of Gerry's other clothes which would almost certainly have come into contact with them?
the calculation is to add at least 85 onto 21:05 = 22:30 at the earliest
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:29:28 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

Have you got any images of Gerry wearing a black jacket like the one seen on the sofa? I didn't see Eddie sniff one.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

Have you got any images of Gerry wearing a black jacket like the one seen on the sofa? I didn't see Eddie sniff one.

If that black jacket(?)  had just been in close contact with a dead body - then that settee would  have been strongly contaminated with cadaverscent imo.    But IIRC Eddie showed no interest whatsoever in it.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

nope.  Next question?