Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395558 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 05:50:29 PM »
Though if it proves fruitless, it will be of no consequence that it wasn't done back then.
Fruitless or not, it should have been done back then - do you agree?

Offline jassi

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »
Yes.
Perhaps it was covered back then, though clearly SY want to investigate to their own satisfaction.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »
Though if it proves fruitless, it will be of no consequence that it wasn't done back then.

It might have borne fruit if it had been thoroughly examined at the time.

Now, time is far less on Madeleine's side than on that of any perpretator.

However, even now, to take that one example, what if an abode (holiday flat or any other type) had been sub-let to someone who was wanted by the police for a serious offence? The offence in question may not have any connection to Madeleine, but it may still be a lead to pursue, particularly if combined with other evidence that the police may have gathered.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 06:22:02 PM »
Yes.
Perhaps it was covered back then, though clearly SY want to investigate to their own satisfaction.

I think having to go back to the beginning was probably something SY could well have done without.

I don't think it was covered back in 2007 and I am sure that if it had been SY would have been satisfied just to take it from there and proceed to areas which came to light only after the case was archived.

The tragedy is ALL the groundwork had been meticulously carried out by the PJ in 2007.  The evidence just wasn't followed through either to rule in or to rule out. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 06:36:35 PM »
It might have borne fruit if it had been thoroughly examined at the time.

Now, time is far less on Madeleine's side than on that of any perpretator.

However, even now, to take that one example, what if an abode (holiday flat or any other type) had been sub-let to someone who was wanted by the police for a serious offence? The offence in question may not have any connection to Madeleine, but it may still be a lead to pursue, particularly if combined with other evidence that the police may have gathered.

I would agree with that, though I think time  never was on Madeleine's side and she was dead before the evening was over.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »

What fingerprints and DNA in 5A are associated with any of these people??

Unless there is a different Luis Antonio in the files, the only one I've seen is the swimming pool entrepreneur.

The questions asked at the time of Mario-the-laundry-man are so vague, it's not clear where he actually picked the laundry up from. Did he go into each of the flats to pick it up? How likely is that? Did the cleaning ladies dump it outside? Down the stairwell for central collection?

I think Faith has the names wrong.

The only other fingerprint found besides Kates was Nelson Filipe Pacheco da Costa of the Lagos GNR.
I find the lack of prints quite disturbing, when so many people searched around the apartment.

The two handymen that went to 5A on the 1st May were
Mario Domingos Moreira (not Mario Fernando Madeira Marreiros Laundry man)
And Luis Ferro.
Luis Antonio was Michaela's husband
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:51:27 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
I think having to go back to the beginning was probably something SY could well have done without.

I don't think it was covered back in 2007 and I am sure that if it had been SY would have been satisfied just to take it from there and proceed to areas which came to light only after the case was archived.

The tragedy is ALL the groundwork had been meticulously carried out by the PJ in 2007.  The evidence just wasn't followed through either to rule in or to rule out.

So if the PJ didn't investigate phone records, why did they collect them?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »

I think Faith has the names wrong.

The only other fingerprint found besides Kates was Nelson Filipe Pacheco da Costa of the Lagos GNR.
I find the lack of prints quite disturbing, when so many people searched around the apartment.

The two handymen that went to 5A on the 1st May were
Mario Domingos Moreira (not Mario Fernando Madeira Marreiros Laundry man)
And Luis Ferro.
Luis Antonio was Michaela's husband

Apologies you are of course correct.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 08:23:40 PM »
So if the PJ didn't investigate phone records, why did they collect them?

I am not certain about this ... so stand to be corrected ... I believe it was British technicians who collected the technical information and passed it to the PJ.  Whether that was at the behest of Leicestershire Police or the PJ I have no idea.

The PJ thoroughly scrutinised the phone records of Mr Murat, the Drs McCann and their friends ... that they went no further is not a question for me ... I am equally in the dark about that as you are.   
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
I would agree with that, though I think time  never was on Madeleine's side and she was dead before the evening was over.

Someone could have said the same for Natascha Kampusch.

Offline Carana

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 11:00:41 PM »
Someone could have said the same for Natascha Kampusch.

Or quite a few others...

There's certainly no forensic evidence that she was even injured in that flat, let alone died.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 12:12:10 AM »
Been doing a little reading about the career of DCI Nicola Wall;  I think she will be an excellent replacement for DCI Redwood.

25 years service at the Met eight of which are as a DCI are not to be sniffed at.
I found it interesting that she is a hostage and crisis negotiator as well as head of the Murder Investigation Team in west London.

I doubt if she will be able to give an introductory interview, which is a pity; but I think she will be a no nonsense lady.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 12:40:40 AM »
I don't know why but I've got a feeling a really big news on this case is about to come out. Does anyone else have this feeling?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 12:52:16 AM »
I don't know why but I've got a feeling a really big news on this case is about to come out. Does anyone else have this feeling?

Yes, with a few surprises too.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 01:29:48 AM »
Yes, with a few surprises too.

I think the case is going to be solved.