Author Topic: Sherlock. The psychological aspects of bundleman.  (Read 36653 times)

Offline sadie

Sherlock. The psychological aspects of bundleman.
« on: August 17, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »
Hi Sherlock

I am truly interested on your take, as a keen ameteur psychologist, on bundleman.

As you say, you are attempting to enter the mind of the abductor, trying to construct a psychological profile of bundleman based partly on his apparently erratic movements that fated night

I would be interested in seeing the devils advocate, as you called yourself, disecting this mans mind and his likely methodology. 

What are his main driving forces and reasons for acting as he does?

stephen25000

Re: Sherlock. The psychological aspects of bundleman.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
Hi Sherlock

I am truly interested on your take, as a keen ameteur psychologist, on bundleman.

As you say, you are attempting to enter the mind of the abductor, trying to construct a psychological profile of bundleman based partly on his apparently erratic movements that fated night

I would be interested in seeing the devils advocate, as you called yourself, disecting this mans mind and his likely methodology. 

What are his main driving forces and reasons for acting as he does?

How can you give a psychological profile of someone that has not been proven to exist, other than a few weird drawings  ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »

How can you give a psychological profile of someone that has not been proven to exist, other than a few weird drawings  ?
Stephen please do not interfere. 

Sherlock has stated that he is doing a psychological profile of bundleman.  That should be enough for you.  It is for me.  I believe him.

Sherlock
Being somewhat of a psychology buff - more Dr Watson's line, I know, but his writings are rubbing off on me - one thing I am doing is attempting to enter the mind of the abductor, trying to construct a psychological profile of bundleman based partly on his apparently erratic movements that fated night.

I am looking forward to his considered opinion.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »

You could say the same of many abductions, though. Precious few are known to exist unless someone happened to witness the actual abduction or was caught on CCTV.

What about all the kids last seen walking to or from a bus stop or playing outside and then... nothing?

Who would have believed the mother of the little girl snatched from the bathtub if she hadn't been found quickly, with the mother just next door?

What was the proof in the Soham case that they'd been abducted? Or the little Belgian girls?

stephen25000

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 07:41:33 PM »
Stephen please do not interfere. 

Sherlock has stated that he is doing a psychological profile of bundleman.  That should be enough for you.  It is for me.  I believe him.

Sherlock
I am looking forward to his considered opinion.

Interfering hardly.

Just asking a logical question, and how does that interfere with a profile exactly ?

P.S. This is an open forum and I do not follow orders ( German accent omitted  @)(++(*  )

stephen25000

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »
You could say the same of many abductions, though. Precious few are known to exist unless someone happened to witness the actual abduction or was caught on CCTV.

What about all the kids last seen walking to or from a bus stop or playing outside and then... nothing?

Who would have believed the mother of the little girl snatched from the bathtub if she hadn't been found quickly, with the mother just next door?

What was the proof in the Soham case that they'd been abducted? Or the little Belgian girls?

T

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

Trouble is, I've never believed this was an abduction.

Unless someone can provide incontrovertible proof that it was.

Offline Carana

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »
An interesting topic, Sadie. I find that here might not be just one profile though, depending on what actually happened, e.g. a burglar who'd perhaps accidentally injured her (or worse) to stop her screaming if she'd woken up, wouldn't necessarily be the same as an opportunistic paedophile, nor the same as someone who was simply paid to find a specific type of child for whatever reason.

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »

I think we're all more than aware of that by now, Stephen.

Sadie was interested in Sherlock's perspective.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »

There is no proof that Ben Needham was abducted, none whatsoever but people seem to accept it as I do.
I don't accept Amaral's theory. Full of flaws, and no incontrovertible proof to support it . lets hope SY find some proof. There is no incontrovertible proof that Maddie was not abducted so each opinion is valid. that's all we have, opinions.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:12:39 PM by davel »

stephen25000

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 08:19:26 PM »
I think we're all more than aware of that by now, Stephen.

Sadie was interested in Sherlock's perspective.

Since you referred to an abduction in your answer to me, it is an important point.

The abduction is no more than a loose thesis, with no proof to back it up.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 08:28:22 PM »
Since you referred to an abduction in your answer to me, it is an important point.

As the final report states , there is no proof to support any of the possible reasons for Maddies. disappearance.
However having reviewed the files, SY are going with an abduction, they must have their reasons. For me that is a massive vote for abduction.

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »

Just like parental involvement is no more than a loose thesis, with no proof to back it up.

I'm more interested in research on the subject.

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
Just like parental involvement is no more than a loose thesis, with no proof to back it up.

I'm more interested in research on the subject.

I do know that there is no forensic proof of that.

However, I don't type the word 'abduction' as some posters do as an absolute fact. >@@(*&)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
I do know that there is no forensic proof of that.

However, I don't type the word 'abduction' as some posters do as an absolute fact. >@@(*&)

There are no absolute facts.