Author Topic: Operation Grange: expenditure and resources allocated to November 2013  (Read 9613 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Operation Grange: expenditure and resources allocated to November 2013
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
I'm sure you're right. All it would take is one chat with Leicestershire Police for the Met officers to know the case is a black hole.

And a deep one at that.  Has there ever been an abducted child found in modern times?  The only incidents I can recall recently are those where they have managed to escape by their own efforts.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
And a deep one at that.  Has there ever been an abducted child found in modern times?  The only incidents I can recall recently are those where they have managed to escape by their own efforts.

The girls in Ohio weren't exactly babies when they disappeared.
And they were only found thanks to their own efforts & Charles Ramsey....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mqIHpNRRtS0
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Lyall

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »

I'm sure there must be some, and many when police in other countries are included.

I can't recall specific examples at the moment though 8()-000(

AnneGuedes

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Left to their own devices, I don't think SY would have gone anywhere near it. It was only at the insistence of Cameron and May that they took it on.
May was pressured by Cameron, addressed by the MCs' open letter as a "father knowing the importance of a child", himself pressured by RB. May had revealingly told the MC some time before that she hadn't even read the  Gamble report.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »
I'm sure there must be some, and many when police in other countries are included.

I can't recall specific examples at the moment though 8()-000(
I know 2 cases in Portugal, two women obsessed by motherhood, two newborn, both abducted from a maternity.
One was recovered within 24 hours thanks to the abducted child alert implemented in June 2009. The other case is much older and it took two years to find the little girl, very much loved in a family who never suspected she wasn't "hers".

Lyall

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »
I know 2 cases in Portugal, two women obsessed by motherhood, two newborn, both abducted from a maternity.
One was recovered within 24 hours thanks to the abducted child alert implemented in June 2009. The other case is much older and it took two years to find the little girl, very much loved in a family who never suspected she wasn't "hers".

8((()*/ It definitely happens, but you'd think police usually have something to go on, some clue or clues. In this case there's nothing, just a big database of people "looking suspicious" hours, days or weeks before the incident, or hours, days or weeks after it. And of the only two 'suspicious' events that occur at the same time as the incident, one is almost completely ignored... for years! >@@(*&)

Tough not to be cynical isn't it.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
8((()*/ It definitely happens, but you'd think police usually have something to go on, some clue or clues. In this case there's nothing, just a big database of people "looking suspicious" hours, days or weeks before the incident, or hours, days or weeks after it. And of the only two 'suspicious' events that occur at the same time as the incident, one is almost completely ignored... for years! >@@(*&)

Not just ignored - but actively buried

AnneGuedes

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »

At the root of this case, imo, there's a spectacular lure, what Icabodcrane names "Colombo's little detail", i.e an error.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »
Not just ignored - but actively buried
?{)(**

Lyall

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »
At the root of this case, imo, there's a spectacular lure, what Icabodcrane names "Colombo's little detail", i.e an error.

Colombo would just follow everyone about going 8-)(--) until one or more of them could stand it no longer @)(++(*

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »
Colombo would just follow everyone about going 8-)(--) until one or more of them could stand it no longer @)(++(*

"Just one more thing Mr Murat, when did you have your driveway relaid?"

AnneGuedes

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »
I worry, Mrs McCann, I mean, little things bother me. What did the curtains after being whooshed up ?

Lyall

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
I worry, Mrs McCann, I mean, little things bother me. What did the curtains after being whooshed up ?

?{)(** I can't see Colombo being too convinced by that story.

But the bit that gets me is straight out of Agatha Christie - a mother abandoning two children on discovering a third is missing >@@(*&) Poirot or Miss Marple wouldn't believe that either. Too much drama!

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
?{)(** I can't see Colombo being too convinced by that story.

But the bit that gets me is straight out of Agatha Christie - a mother abandoning two children on discovering a third is missing >@@(*&) Poirot or Miss Marple wouldn't believe that either. Too much drama!

What I find amazing about the gone with the wind drama is that we are being asked to believe that the wind kind of waited around a bit after the 'abduction' & right up untill the moment Kate went to open the door for her check, before blowing with the force required to slam the door shut. That's got to be one hell of a coincidence hasn't it?

Lyall

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »
What I find amazing about the gone with the wind drama is that we are being asked to believe that the wind kind of waited around a bit after the 'abduction' & right up untill the moment Kate went to open the door for her check, before blowing with the force required to slam the door shut. That's got to be one hell of a coincidence hasn't it?

I think this is why the case will always be talked about. If they're telling the truth about what happened to Madeleine, as you say their story either involves the most fantastic sequence of coincidences or they embellished it - and if they did that then there will always be people who think they did more than just exaggerate.

The writer of the book that's still the only one ever published on the case in the UK certainly thinks the truth wasn't told.