Author Topic: Operation Grange: expenditure and resources allocated to November 2013  (Read 9612 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Operation Grange: expenditure and resources allocated to November 2013
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2013, 01:18:02 AM »
In Kates statement she said that she found the window, curtains and shutters open and 
That was her first statement. From then on she found window, curtains and shutters seemingly shut, but the "moving" bedroom door slammed and a draught revealed all was open.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2013, 01:20:53 AM »
Given the length of those drapes it would have to be one serious blast to have got them whooshing open.
A hurricane could do that, but only someone pulling the bed could put the curtain behind the bed.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:05 AM »
Given the length of those drapes it would have to be one serious blast to have got them whooshing open.

Truth. The other day i forget i left my bedroom window slowly open I do it every morning but this was the day we had the storm.

The door is kept shut to keep cats out. Anyway i thought i better go and shut the window, and when I went in the curtain was only moving a bit not exactly whoosing up, and it was really windy outside.

I agree with Anne those curtains were behind a bed and a chair. Why would you need to close curtains anyway if you have blinds? What a phaff having to close them and then put them back behind their ties and negotiate a bed and a chair.

I would expect the window and the blinds were down all the time. I think i would keep the room like that its only for sleeping in.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
The curtains serve to hide the shutters, rather ugly.
Culturally Portuguese would open the window at least once a day for fresh air.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
The curtains serve to hide the shutters, rather ugly.
Culturally Portuguese would open the window at least once a day for fresh air.

I was bought up the mediterranean way, and always open my windows every morning regardless of weather outside, but then we were dealing with people from the UK who dont bother so much. I can look out of my windows now at all the houses out the back and not one with windows open.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
A reminder to all posters to stick to the thread topic: Operation Grange Expenditure

Please reconvene on the 'Could an intruder.....' thread for discussion on the window/shutter/ curtains.