Author Topic: Operation Grange: expenditure and resources allocated to November 2013  (Read 9627 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Operation Grange: expenditure and resources allocated to November 2013
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »
"You would just fade away if your child was missing" ?

Probably. Certainly couldn't sustain that level of intensity year after year after year.

All of us are different and react to tragedy in different ways.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
Probably. Certainly couldn't sustain that level of intensity year after year after year.

All of us are different and react to tragedy in different ways.

Then in that case..let the McCann's react in the way they see fit..shows they not prepared to give up on madeleine..

Offline jassi

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
Then in that case..let the McCann's react in the way they see fit..shows they not prepared to give up on madeleine..

I'm not hindering them
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Lyall

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2013/november_2013/2013100000727.pdf

For me it's not so much the money as the number of officers involved - with what result?

That is a startling amount of money for an essentially office-based operation.

The entire Jill Dando investigation only cost about £2m I think. >@@(*&)

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »

Inflation. How long ago was Dando?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Lyall

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
Inflation. How long ago was Dando?

1999-2001.

Costs of entertaining witnesses probably not included @)(++(*

(allegedly)

stephen25000

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
1999-2001.

Costs of entertaining witnesses probably not included @)(++(*

(allegedly)

Don' forget the free trips to the Algarve at the taxpayers expense.

Purely for work of course. 8)-)))

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »

The review into Jill Dando's murder cost a mere £600.000.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/jill-dando-case-closed-as-review-finds-no-new-clues-8556692.html
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Lyall

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 01:57:38 AM »
Good spot 8((()*/

Very interesting comparison.

But the Madeleine case is vastly more complicated and wide-ranging than the Dando, isn't it?

Personally I find it quite easy to see how things have reached the figure they have.

Isn't the question really a case of whether we think government money should be going into a case like this in the first place?

Once the decision has been made, obviously it is going to cost a lot - if £4m is really an enormous amount of money these days.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 05:48:10 AM »
But the Madeleine case is vastly more complicated and wide-ranging than the Dando, isn't it?

Personally I find it quite easy to see how things have reached the figure they have.

Isn't the question really a case of whether we think government money should be going into a case like this in the first place?

Once the decision has been made, obviously it is going to cost a lot - if £4m is really an enormous amount of money these days.

Personally it does make me wonder. All this staff used for this review and the money, when there are a lot of cold cases still ongoing and also open investigations in this country not completed.

There seems to have been a huge amount of attention to find the child not only with PJ, and SY, but also how many detectives paid for by the McCanns and NOTHING NEW has come up.

When do you simply say enough is enough?

There are so many cases unsolved with missing children in this country.

I know the McCanns dont want to give up who would, but you can still have hope without all the on going media.

One example is Ben Needhams mum, you hardly see her on the news, but people are still looking for him.

I think its a lot of resource for one child when there is so much else going on in this country which needs to be sorted out.

I dont think anyone will stop looking for the child, and sometimes when you stop looking for something it turns up.

The total high profile of this case I think has made it IMPOSSIBLE for the child to be found.

Sadly.

Sometimes you have to just move on for the sake of your other children and your sanity, it doesnt mean you have forgotten you would never forget, but its been 7 years with nothing.

I never could understand why SY became involved in the first place. IF a portugese person went missing in London, then its up to the UK police to find that person not the portugese.

This case has not only cost millions in money but a lot of people have been traumatised by the fact they have been associated with it even loosely. So many people have been effected by it, and will probably never get over its fall out.

Its time to let go, and hopefully one day we will find out what happened but SADLY I am thinking not.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »

I dont think anyone will stop looking for the child, and sometimes when you stop looking for something it turns up.

That's true, but perhaps it is because we've a tendency to complicate things that they become muddled.
The only persons who have really looked for Madeleine did it in Portugal in the days following her disappearance. Is it looking for a child to launch balloons, wear her face on your chest, have the pope bless a photograph ? I trust the large majority of people will react when any child seems to need help.

Offline jassi

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »
Personally it does make me wonder. All this staff used for this review and the money, when there are a lot of cold cases still ongoing and also open investigations in this country not completed.

There seems to have been a huge amount of attention to find the child not only with PJ, and SY, but also how many detectives paid for by the McCanns and NOTHING NEW has come up.

When do you simply say enough is enough?

There are so many cases unsolved with missing children in this country.

I know the McCanns dont want to give up who would, but you can still have hope without all the on going media.

One example is Ben Needhams mum, you hardly see her on the news, but people are still looking for him.

I think its a lot of resource for one child when there is so much else going on in this country which needs to be sorted out.

The total high profile of this case I think has made it IMPOSSIBLE for the child to be found.

Sadly.

Sometimes you have to just move on for the sake of your other children and your sanity, it doesnt mean you have forgotten you would never forget, but its been 7 years with nothing.

I never could understand why SY became involved in the first place. IF a portugese person went missing in London, then its up to the UK police to find that person not the portugese.

This case has not only cost millions in money but a lot of people have been traumatised by the fact they have been associated with it even loosely. So many people have been effected by it, and will probably never get over its fall out.

Its time to let go, and hopefully one day we will find out what happened but SADLY I am thinking not.

Left to their own devices, I don't think SY would have gone anywhere near it. It was only at the insistence of Cameron and May that they took it on.

Or maybe not -

Lyall

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
Left to their own devices, I don't think SY would have gone anywhere near it. It was only at the insistence of Cameron and May that they took it on.

I'm sure you're right. All it would take is one chat with Leicestershire Police for the Met officers to know the case is a black hole.

Lyall

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »
It's a very high-profile black hole though. Plenty of spotlight before the gravity sucks you in 8)-)))