Author Topic: The Sunday Times Apologises...yet e-fits withheld from public view for 5 years?  (Read 27509 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

I disagree. Anyone (or not anyone) could conceal a body in a bag, take it out of the apartment when it's dark and quiet and hide the body in the bottom of a wheelie bin and bring the bag back to the apartment. Then go back to the bin in the first searches and retrieve the child and be seen by eye witnesses. Only Smithman would know where she was hidden and why he retrieved her later.

Certainly more feasible than an elite gang of child abductors conducting a week long surveylance on the McCanns childcare arrangements.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

It's not simple though, is it. It's massively over complicated, involves huge risk, and relies on a large number of unproven assumptions. It's nonsense, putting it kindly.

Perhaps huge risk was necessary, especially if the child had to be removed at short notice.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

The McCanns are very adept at promoting anything which is useful to them and which raises their profile in the eyes of the public The fact that they saw fit not to promote those e-fits after Halligen went to the trouble to secure them is proof if proof were needed that they are running their own agenda behind the scenes.  The report which Oakley did on them was damming otherwise that too would have been made public

The McCanns have refused to clarify this issue, scared no doubt that Halligen might still be in a position to expose them.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

AnneGuedes

Yes they had to be at the tapas bar - a good alibi but not good enough. Bringing the timeline forward to 10pm, the same time of the sighting, won't fool top detectives working on this case.
It seems the Ag wasn't fooled.

AnneGuedes

The McCanns are very adept at promoting anything which is useful to them and which raises their profile in the eyes of the public The fact that they saw fit not to promote those e-fits after Halligen went to the trouble to secure them is proof if proof were needed that they are running their own agenda behind the scenes.  The report which Oakley did on them was damming otherwise that too would have been made public

The McCanns have refused to clarify this issue, scared no doubt that Halligen might still be in a position to expose them.
If the report suggested that abduction was very unlikely vs wandering off, it was enough for keeping it hidden.

ferryman

Release of an e-fit of a man seen carrying a child in close proximity to apartment 5a at just about the time Madeleine is known to have been abducted requires the context of an official investigation.

It is that simple.

AnneGuedes

I disagree. Anyone (or not anyone) could conceal a body in a bag, take it out of the apartment when it's dark and quiet and hide the body in the bottom of a wheelie bin and bring the bag back to the apartment. Then go back to the bin in the first searches and retrieve the body and be seen by eye witnesses. Only Smithman would know where she was hidden and why he retrieved her later.
I can't find a justification for the bag episode.

Offline pathfinder73

It seems the Ag wasn't fooled.

Where can I read that report?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Lyall

Release of an e-fit of a man seen carrying a child in close proximity to apartment 5a at just about the time Madeleine is known to have been abducted requires the context of an official investigation.

It is that simple.

Nice try, ferryman.

Unconvincing though when you look at what else Mitchell got up to.

Offline pathfinder73

I can't find a justification for the bag episode.

For possible eye witnesses in case someone saw her being carried away from the crime scene. You couldn't take that risk IMO but it's possible to do it that way if you weren't seen. The body would be stored in a bag in the wardrobe before being moved. Someone may have seen a bag but it's not in the files.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:19:42 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

I tend to just help myself, No matter how much much they struggle. They are gagging for it really.
They all are the little teasers.

Is that before or after you smoke a joint the size of a Christmas tree(by your own admission). Do you not realise that makes all your mental processes suspect

Offline Victoria

For possible eye witnesses in case someone saw her being carried away from the crime scene. You couldn't take that risk IMO but it's possible to do it that way if you weren't seen. The body would be stored in a bag in the wardrobe before being moved. Someone may have seen a bag but it's not in the files.

Sorry, old chum, but your theory not only makes no sense, but is also backed up by absolutely no facts. Try again (or better yet, don't)

AnneGuedes

In the absence of explanation of what happened between 2008 and October 2009, their actions appear to show a lack of urgency. That's the point.
Not only the lack of urgency. They had a good opportunity to insist on Smithman in April 2009 Cutting Edge.

Offline pathfinder73

Sorry, old chum, but your theory not only makes no sense, but is also backed up by absolutely no facts. Try again (or better yet, don't)

It connects Eddie's alerts from behind the sofa to the wardrobe and out the south side of the apartment (bedroom patio door).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:30:39 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Mr Gray

Not only the lack of urgency. They had a good opportunity to insist on Smithman in April 2009 Cutting Edge.

You miss the point...for all the reasons given on this forum....why would an abductor carry a child that far...the fact that the tanner sighting had not been shown to be false......the smith sighting was not thought to be important IMO...if it was , why did the pj not act on it...new evidence to open the investigation