Author Topic: Crowdfunding the McCann's Litigation.  (Read 30980 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Crowdfunding the McCann's Litigation.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
'The result would ge the same ' ? Not sure what you mean.

See my previous post re 'gleeful pleasure'

To be honest I always get the feeling with supporters that while they are quite willing to sit on forums like this and defend every questionable action of the McCanns they actually do precious little to actively help find Madeleine. When was the last time any supporter on here actually did some fundraising for the NSU fund ?

The idea that supporters should have to individually fund- raise to justify their objections to kangaroo courts, lynch mob mentality and to the venom they see being daily inflicted on innocent people is truly risible.    Are you expecting the same from 'sceptics'?

Apols if I am wrong Faith -  but it seems to me that all your comments re the McCanns are based on your own very obvious personal feelings of deep animosity towards them above all else.    That doesn't apply to me  - it was not because I 'like' the McCanns that I joined in the 'fray'  - I don't have any fixed opinions on them  -  because I don't know them.      It was because I hate injustice and cruelty - no matter who the victims are.  In this case it happens to be the McCanns 

If I contribute to their fund in the future it will not be because they are the McCanns  - it will be because I see them as people who have been  - and still are - the victims of gross injustice and cruelty - and who deserve to be supported.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 09:17:22 AM »

The idea that supporters should have to individually fund- raise to justify their objections to kangaroo courts, lynch mob mentality and to the venom they see being daily inflicted on innocent people is truly risible.    Are you expecting the same from 'sceptics'?

Apols if I am wrong Faith -  but it seems to me that all your comments re the McCanns are based on your own very obvious personal feelings of deep animosity towards them above all else.    That doesn't apply to me  - it was not because I 'like' the McCanns that I joined in the 'fray'  - I don't have any fixed opinions on them  -  because I don't know them.      It was because I hate injustice and cruelty - no matter who the victims are.  In this case it happens to be the McCanns 

If I contribute to their fund in the future it will not be because they are the McCanns  - it will be because I see them as people who have been  - and still are - the victims of gross injustice and cruelty - and who deserve to be supported.

AIMHO

Don't make me laugh.

'.... the victims of gross injustice and cruelty...'

How can you be a victim of what they did ?

Please explain that statement logically.

Madeleine was the victim.

Alfie

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 09:31:43 AM »
'The result would ge the same ' ? Not sure what you mean.

To be honest I always get the feeling with supporters that while they are quite willing to sit on forums like this and defend every questionable action of the McCanns they actually do precious little to actively help find Madeleine. When was the last time any supporter on here actually did some fundraising for the NSU fund ?
What would you know about it?  Any idea how much money I have donated to the Fund over the years?  Don't bother guessing, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:46 PM »

AIMHO

In reply to your opening salvo I think the sceptics have very adequately proved they will actually put their money where their mouths are when they see injustice being perpetrated. And no I don't think supporters should individually fundraise but if they feel so strongly that Madeleine deserves a proper search why not if it will take the financial pressure off of the official fund ?

As you know nothing about me or my motivations your second paragraph actually doesn't deserve a reply.

Your third paragraph is actually the most interesting as you don't even pretend that your contribution to the fund would be to further the search but rather to 'support' the parents in their various litigations. How very revealing.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 12:45:39 PM »
In reply to your opening salvo I think the sceptics have very adequately proved they will actually put their money where their mouths are when they see injustice being perpetrated. And no I don't think supporters should individually fundraise but if they feel so strongly that Madeleine deserves a proper search why not if it will take the financial pressure off of the official fund ?

As you know nothing about me or my motivations your second paragraph actually doesn't deserve a reply.

Your third paragraph is actually the most interesting as you don't even pretend that your contribution to the fund would be to further the search but rather to 'support' the parents in their various litigations. How very revealing.

Supporting the parents against injustice and cruelty is the same as supporting their daughter in my book.  The parents are fighting for their daughter's right to be searched for as long as there is no evidence that she is dead.    People like Amaral are trying to remove that right IMO.    That's both cruel and unjust IMO.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:01:37 PM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
What would you know about it?  Any idea how much money I have donated to the Fund over the years?  Don't bother guessing, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Thank the Lord the organisers of Goncalo Amaral's appeal fund had the foresight to circumvent all speculation by concealing all solicited contributions in a bank account which they can keep entirely confidential and outwith the public domain.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »

What do you think has been revealed?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:00:42 PM by Alfie »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 02:15:30 PM »
Supporting the parents against injustice and cruelty is the same as supporting their daughter in my book.  The parents are fighting for their daughter's right to be searched for as long as there is no evidence that she is dead.    People like Amaral are trying to remove that right IMO.    That's both cruel and unjust IMO.

So how is depleting, through litigation, the fund set up to find Madeleine going to help exactly ?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:03:36 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Benice

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 03:03:23 PM »
So how is depleting, through litigation, the fund set up to find Madeleine going to help exactly ?

Faith - unlike yourself  IMO the search for Madeleine and the litigation which imo the McCanns had no choice but to bring against Amaral - because he was encouraging the public to believe she was dead  - are not separate entities.   They are intertwined.   So whatever they use the fund for - it's all the same to me.

Must go - my new three piece suite has arrived!!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »

Faith - unlike yourself  IMO the search for Madeleine and the litigation which imo the McCanns had no choice but to bring against Amaral - because he was encouraging the public to believe she was dead  - are not separate entities.   They are intertwined.   So whatever they use the fund for - it's all the same to me.

Must go - my new three piece suite has arrived!!!

So if there's a finite pot of money what do you feel is more important, paying for private detectives to search for Madeleine or paying the McCann's court costs ?

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
Thank the Lord the organisers of Goncalo Amaral's appeal fund had the foresight to circumvent all speculation by concealing all solicited contributions in a bank account which they can keep entirely confidential and outwith the public domain.

Since when Brietta are all the contributors to the mccanns fund known ?

Do you have a reason for wanting to know all the people who did contribute to Amaral's fund ?

If so, this is treading on 'dossier' territory again, which given the nature of some supporters would not surprise me one iota.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:36:33 PM by Eleanor »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:55 AM »
In my opinion any attempt at crowdfunding the McCann's legal fees would be laughed off the internet.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:25:44 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 10:09:42 AM »
In my opinion any attempt at crowdfunding the McCann's legal fees would be laughed off the internet.

I agree.

Yet I wonder if any of the supporters club on here would give their money to the mccanns for legal expenses, when it is very apparent, the mccanns have never done that, and relied on donations to them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:26:31 PM by John »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »
So seven pages in and we only have ferryman amongst the supporters who would be willing to donate to a separate fund to help the McCanns pay their legal fees and avoid the need for the money to come from the search fund. Very revealing.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 11:53:24 AM »
wrong...some of us have not bothered to comment so you have no idea of our intentions