Author Topic: Madeleine McCann's parents ban their lawyer from speaking to the press  (Read 17136 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Madeleine McCann's parents ban their lawyer from speaking to the press
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 08:53:14 AM »
You really do live in a dream world
Libel is very clear cut in the Uk
Papers are just filling pages

With some interesting snippets for a change. There's a distinct lack of emotive adjectives such as 'tormented' and 'heartbroken' too, I notice.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 09:03:53 AM »
With some interesting snippets for a change. There's a distinct lack of emotive adjectives such as 'tormented' and 'heartbroken' too, I notice.

I expect they are just "Furious."

Offline jassi

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 09:06:27 AM »
And seething , don't forget seething  8)-)))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:20 AM »
And seething , don't forget seething  8)-)))

Thanks, Jassi.  I knew there was another word.  I just couldn't remember it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
The wheels seem to be coming off the bus big time. I was mocked for pointing out the reference to a Super mumble during Dianne Webster's rog interview but now we have this;

The couple, both 48, from Rothley, Leics, have previously gone to extraordinary lengths to stop people close to them talking and even prevented some British newspapers from reporting certain details about the Maddie mystery.

They have also banned all family members and friends from talking to journalists.
By Tracey Kandohla For Mail Online

Published: 04:58 +11:00, 18 February 2017 | Updated: 07:19 +11:00, 18 February 2017

Are you suggesting in this post that Diane Webster's rogatory interview ... a police interview ... given under oath ... was influenced in any way whatsoever by outside parties?

"Super mumble" indeed!

Every single word uttered or even mumbled by anyone associated with Madeleine's case is twisted and corrupted and jemmied (yet another example of acceptable parlance here on the West coast} to suit the agenda of denigrating further either the person who said it or the main target of spite.

It is perfectly sensible that intelligent people do not wish to see their words twisted and taken completely out of context for the purpose of causing hurt or injury to their friends and would not even require an English gag to be slapped on ... they would do so voluntarily and because it is the right and proper course of action to take.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
After witnessing their friends being so cruelly libelled in the newspapers in times gone by -  the McCanns' friends and family wouldn't touch the press with a bargepole anyway IMO.

That's why the imaginary best friend of all reporters - i.e. ''a source'' has to be wheeled out so often.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 09:17:52 AM »
Kandhola rings up Duarte for a reaction so she can produce a nice little McCann story
Doesn't get a quote so she writes a story about not getting a quote instead
It really is that simple
Just to make it better
Use the word "ban" to get maximum effect

Offline Benice

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
Thanks, Jassi.  I knew there was another word.  I just couldn't remember it.

They're probably 'storming out' of somewhere as we speak.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfie

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:39 AM »
The wheels seem to be coming off the bus big time. I was mocked for pointing out the reference to a Super mumble during Dianne Webster's rog interview but now we have this;

The couple, both 48, from Rothley, Leics, have previously gone to extraordinary lengths to stop people close to them talking and even prevented some British newspapers from reporting certain details about the Maddie mystery.

They have also banned all family members and friends from talking to journalists.
By Tracey Kandohla For Mail Online

Published: 04:58 +11:00, 18 February 2017 | Updated: 07:19 +11:00, 18 February 2017
What's a Super Mumble when it's at home?

Alfie

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »
Do you find comfort in these little crumbs?  I think you're in for a MAJOR disappointment before long  8(0(*

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
After witnessing their friends being so cruelly libelled in the newspapers in times gone by -  the McCanns' friends and family wouldn't touch the press with a bargepole anyway IMO.

That's why the imaginary best friend of all reporters - i.e. ''a source'' has to be wheeled out so often.

What is self evident, is that the media , until recently , has followed the McCann line to a tee.

We also have the 'sources' close to the McCann's.

You will find either a complete disinterest in this case, or am increasing irritation with the McCann's in the media, doing the 'poor me' act.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
What is self evident, is that the media , until recently , has followed the McCann line to a tee.

We also have the 'sources' close to the McCann's.

You will find either a complete disinterest in this case, or am increasing irritation with the McCann's in the media, doing the 'poor me' act.

the daily mail has been putting headlines with the word dead/death in it they didnt  do that to after the mcanns lost   did they??

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
They're probably 'storming out' of somewhere as we speak.

Where, where?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:12 AM »
the daily mail has been putting headlines with the word dead/death in it they didnt  do that to after the mcanns lost   did they??

What would we do without Semantics?

Alfie

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
You know things are bad when even Wikipedia doesn't rate the Mail as a reliable source  @)(++(*

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/daily-mail-banned-from-wikipedia_uk_589c3e13e4b07685621810f8