Author Topic: The Calpol claim revisited.  (Read 48335 times)

Offline Robittybob1

The Calpol claim revisited.
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:45:22 PM »
Amaral quotes Brian Healy saying the parents quite often gave the kids Calpol to get them to sleep.

How he came to know this (IIRC) is what I'd like to know?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:42:17 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The Calpol claim revisited.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:49:43 PM »
Amaral quotes Brian Healy saying the parents quite often gave the kids Calpol to get them to sleep.

as far as I remember there was a mention of calpol.....most parents give children calpol as necessarry...its a very useful drug...itb was mentioned in a tv interview...pleas provide a cite

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:00:37 AM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 09:56:47 PM »
as far as I remember there was a mention of calpol.....most parents give children calpol as necessarry...its a very useful drug...itb was mentioned in a tv interview...pleas provide a cite
TV interview - who was being interviewed Amaral or Healy?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 09:59:03 PM »
Do you remember the what I'm talking about?  Amaral quotes Brian Healy saying the parents quite often gave the kids Calpol to get them to sleep.

cite for...giving calpol to get them to sleep.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:02:34 AM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 10:08:13 PM »
cite for...giving calpol to get them to sleep.
That is the $64,000 question.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 10:37:51 PM »
https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.nz/2007/09/madeleines-grandfather-admits-kate-may.html

"Saturday, 8 September 2007
MADELEINE'S GRANDFATHER ADMITS KATE “MAY HAVE USED CALPOL”
Brian Healy, the father of Kate McCann, admitted she “may have used Calpol” to help Madeleine to sleep, but said it was “just outrageous to think of anything else." Gerry and Kate strongly denied, on August 16, using any kind of drugs on their children to stop them waking up at night. Calpol is a common painkiller that is used, in UK, to to calm them down or help children to sleep. Twelve million bottles and packets of Calpol are sold every year, in UK."

So how did Paulo Reis get to know about it?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:05:03 AM by John »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 10:47:26 PM »
"Distant in time Kate's father, the grandfather of the minor, Brian Healy, admits to the press that Kate could have administered some medication to the little girl, Calpol, to help the child (children'') to sleep, contrary to what his daughter Kate had stated."

Another version comes from "http://themaddiecasefiles.com/chief-inspector-tavares-de-almeida-s-report-sept-2-t34.html"

"Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida's Report Sept 2007"
"Distant in time, Kate’s father, the grandfather of the child, Brian Healy, admits to the press that Kate could have administered some medication to the little girl, Calpol, to help the child (the children??) to sleep, contrary to what his daughter Kate has been stating."

So the PJ blame the media for releasing the information but was there an actual media report on this discussion with Brian Healy?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »
OK I haven't found where Amaral quotes Tavares yet but it isn't impossible to see that happening.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:13 PM »
Here is evidence of an early interview with Brian Healy https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/may/05/world.topstories31:

"Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
 Read more
Mark Warner, the holiday firm which runs the luxury resort, claimed last night there was no sign of a break in at the ground floor apartment overlooking the sea. But Brian Healy, Madeleine's maternal grandfather, told the Guardian his son-in-law had phoned him shortly after returning to the apartment from a nearby restaurant to find Madeleine had disappeared.

"Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."

Mr Healy flew to Portugal yesterday to lend support to his daughter Kate, 39, who is a Leicester GP, and son-in-law Gerry, 38, a consultant cardiologist at the city's Glenfield Hospital. He denied suggestions that the couple had simply left their three children alone while they ate in a restaurant.

"It is not right to say that they just left them," said Mr Healy. "They could see the chalet from where they were sitting in the restaurant, they were a hundred yards away. They went back every half hour to check on the children. When they returned at the end of their meal she was gone. My daughter can hardly speak. She is distraught, she is crying and in shock.""

On Google search results it says "Gonçalo Amaral, Fact of the Fiction: Reflections on That Court Ruling
amaralfiction.blogspot.com/2010/10/reflections-on-that-court-ruling.html
Calpol is mentioned in the file. Both Gerry and Kate told the PJ frankly that they had it with them on that holiday, but didn't use it. Amaral says that Kate's father, Brian Healy, confirmed that the McCanns gave Madeleine Calpol as a sedative. Brian Healy did no such thing. A Sun reporter interviewing Mr Healy added words of ..."
But the link is to a blog where you have to be invited to join and read.

Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »

I think I know what you're talking about. A short Sky interview (I think, from memory). But Mr Healy didn't say "to get them to sleep", but it got twisted when it then got reported in a PT tabloid.

You had already dug it out, Rob lol
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7852.msg372894#msg372894

And here's where it got twisted (although the PT tabloid quotes the Sun, which isn't best known for accuracy either) and the tabloid piece ended up in the files, presumably as "fact".
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2585.jpg
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:08:13 AM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 12:23:49 AM »
I think I know what you're talking about. A short Sky interview (I think, from memory). But Mr Healy didn't say "to get them to sleep", but it got twisted when it then got reported in a PT tabloid.

You had already dug it out, Rob lol
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7852.msg372894#msg372894

And here's where it got twisted (although the PT tabloid quotes the Sun, which isn't best known for accuracy either) and the tabloid piece ended up in the files, presumably as "fact".
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2585.jpg

That photo is that part of the PJ file?  Where was that supposed to have come from?

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 12:29:59 AM »
I might have worked it out:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/BIBLE.htm#p10p3285

"2585 Copy of news article regarding grandmother's statement on the use of Calpol
10 Processos Vol X Page 2585
'Copy of news article regarding McCann's use of medication."

At the end of that link is a another part called "Diary Conclusion"  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/BIBLE.htm#p17p4486

Obviously the Judge is talking about the photocopied version of the diary:
"4488  Dispatches 25-26 June 2008 re: photocopies of KMH diary and their destruction
17 Process Vol XVII Page 4488
17_VOLUME_XVIIa_Page_4488

Conclusion 26-06-2008

(Presents invoice)

The photocopies of the 'diary' do not contain any material of interest to the ongoing investigation, but relate to the personal and inviolable personal experiences of any person.

Accordingly I order the diary's respective destruction.

Portimao

2008-06-27

Pedro Frias
Criminal Instruction Judge
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:35:22 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 01:43:42 AM »

That photo is that part of the PJ file?  Where was that supposed to have come from?

Look at the top-right hand corner - it's page 2585 of the files.

Not sure which tabloid it's from.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 01:48:58 AM »
Look at the top-right hand corner - it's page 2585 of the files.

Not sure which tabloid it's from.
Noticed that thanks.

http://portugalresident.com/amaral-breaks-his-silence  "It was an hour of ‘no mercy’. No inconvenient detail excluded. The “servility to the British” and to “political pressures”, the almost instant arrival on the scene of the British ambassador and press hordes, the allusion to children sedated by Calpol, the presence of “the investigation’s most enigmatic figure”, McCann friend and fellow doctor David Payne - whose “fetish”, said Amaral, was to bathe the children of other friends - and the spine-chilling reactions of blood and cadaver dogs Eddie and Keela."

He might well have just made insinuations that the parents used Calpol.  Well he fooled me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:59:30 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 02:00:43 AM »
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/kate-mccann-s-parents-hit-out-at-scurrilous-16-10--t11700.html

Covers the rumours about the McCanns from the Healy's point of view. 
Moderation