Author Topic: Why was the first missing poster of a younger Madeleine?  (Read 18452 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Why was the first missing poster of a younger Madeleine?
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:15:06 AM »
Why did the McCanns choose a young looking Madeleine first poster?
Any ideas?  There were plenty of more recent photos so why did the person chose a photo of Madeleine 1 year younger than she was when she went missing?

Who chose the image to publish on the 3rd?

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:00:24 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

Re: Why was the first missing poster of a younger Madeleine?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
Any ideas?  There were plenty of more recent photos so why did the person chose a photo of Madeleine 1 year younger than she was when she went missing?

The eyes imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »
As I understand it, it was Russell O'Brien (ROB) who chose the photo to use on the earliest poster for Madeleine.
Was it Russell who produced the poster?
if it was why was Russell chosen to do this task?
Well why did ROB  chose this photo?

My chain of thought on this topic is quite revealing and I'm a bit unsure how to approach the matter but I do feel it is a breakthrough and I have explained my hypothesis to my friend and she thinks the same. 
So everything I say must be truthful therefore it is not libelous, like I can assign functions to people provided it is true, i.e factual and therefore not libelous. 
My work on developing the chain of evidence will commence in 8 hours for I'm off to bed now, but others are welcome to contribute what they know about the first poster and if anyone has a photo of it please upload it to the thread.
Thanks to the moderators for approving the topic.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 10:51:47 AM »
Unless you are into conspiracy, the first picture was chosen from what was available on camera cards at that time. Why that particular one, rather than the tennis ball one, or even the 'last' picture by the pool is anybody's guess. I imagine Gerry had input into the decision.

I think ROB because he understood the technology and wanted to do something positive.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:03:25 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »

IIRC the photo was around 3 months old.   (from memory)

IMO the photo was chosen with 'ease of identification'  uppermost in mind.     It clearly shows every detail of Madeleine's features - it is full  face with no shadows, or a hat or anything else to distract.   It could not be more detailed.

In the circumstances it seems a perfect choice to me.

IMO

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:31:38 PM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:09:36 AM »
Was this the one?

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/madeleine-1.jpg

That was a later poster produced by Gerry I'd imagine.  I know what the first one looked like but I don't have the technique to put a full sized image up on the forum
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
The first picture - one of her in a pink spotty top is not showing a particularly young Madeleine - those came later.
Copies were produced on a colour photocopier and I think were A4 size.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »
IIRC the photo was around 3 months old.   (from memory)

IMO the photo was chosen with 'ease of identification'  uppermost in mind.     It clearly shows every detail of Madeleine's features - it is full  face with no shadows, or a hat or anything else to distract.   It could not be more detailed.

In the circumstances it seems a perfect choice to me.

IMO
Was this the photo you were thinking of, for some people have claimed that it was about 1 year younger than Madeleine actually was?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »
The first picture - one of her in a pink spotty top is not showing a particularly young Madeleine - those came later.
Copies were produced on a colour photocopier and I think were A4 size.
The image of Madeleine in the photo looks like it was produced on the night as it has a hand written message on the side.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
Here is another poster produced later that has a photo of Madeleine at PDL side by side with a younger image taken in England.
I'd have to agree there are quite a few months (age) between the two photos.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »
The image of Madeleine in the photo looks like it was produced on the night as it has a hand written message on the side.

That's the one.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »
That's the one.
How can we work out the age of Madeleine when that one was taken?
Moderation

Offline Benice

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
Was this the photo you were thinking of, for some people have claimed that it was about 1 year younger than Madeleine actually was?

No it was the 'iconic' photo - the one Sadie posted that I was thinking of.

However the other photo is also full faced with her looking directly at the camera - with no hat and no shadows.   IMO that angle is preferable to a side-faced angle, with shadows, or one where a hat is being worn - when it comes to identification purposes.

IMO clarity of facial features was the thinking behind the choice of piccies at that time.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline xtina

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 01:08:04 PM »
the picture was well over a year old ....also resembled one of the other tapas children ....

that could have caused ....a lot of confusion ...to the last sighting of maddie....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.