Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239380 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #210 on: April 04, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
A burst of nervous laughter from Gerry would more or less prove he was hiding desperation, guilt,  overwhelming despair and broken hearts,  the effort of trying to keep it all in,  a balloon breaks free in front of his face and he  laughs,  a bodies natural way of releasing tension.   It really annoys me when people who are quite ignorant of the Psychological impact such a trauma has on the human brain will keep showing something like this to prove what?   The McCann's were laughing because their child was missing?   It really is disgusting. IMO

That photo which I believe is a still from video footage , does play an important part in the sceptic belief  of MCann culpability.
I've never understood the significance of it and like you I do wonder what it is meant to prove.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #211 on: April 04, 2019, 03:25:32 PM »
A burst of nervous laughter from Gerry would more or less prove he was hiding desperation, guilt,  overwhelming despair and broken hearts,  the effort of trying to keep it all in,  a balloon breaks free in front of his face and he  laughs,  a bodies natural way of releasing tension.   It really annoys me when people who are quite ignorant of the Psychological impact such a trauma has on the human brain will keep showing something like this to prove what?   The McCann's were laughing because their child was missing?   It really is disgusting. IMO

The thread asks why people doubt the McCanns. That photo is one of the reasons whether you agree or not.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #212 on: April 04, 2019, 03:47:22 PM »
Just trying to stop all the deflection away from the subject of the thread.

Threads do have a habit of wandering off, don't they. At least we're not deep in a discussion about dogs........yet....
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2019, 03:54:27 PM »
The thread asks why people doubt the McCanns. That photo is one of the reasons whether you agree or not.

The photo is a reason why people doubt the McCann's yet I've shown a similar photo of a victim at, a funeral... So that puts doubt on the validity of drawing any conclusions from the photo... To do so... IMO... Is quite simplistic

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2019, 04:06:04 PM »

What has this to do with the title thread?
Does this have any bearing on sceptic belief that the McCanns are complicit in Madeleine's disappearance?

That would depend on whether you think hiring a firm of inexperienced dodgy detectives who interfere with witnesses and 'compensate' people who talk to them is a perfectly normal way to behave.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2019, 04:13:10 PM »
The photo is a reason why people doubt the McCann's yet I've shown a similar photo of a victim at, a funeral... So that puts doubt on the validity of drawing any conclusions from the photo... To do so... IMO... Is quite simplistic

I agree. One photo isn't much. A list of strange stories, actions, photographs, interviews and videos is another matter.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »

The thread doesn't ask why you doubt the McCanns.
It asks why you and others continue after so many years, and two investigations which have lasted many years and have not as yet given any indication that Madeleine's parents are involved in her disappearance, sceptics cling to their original doubts and suspicions and use the same old arguments over and over.
That photo being one of the sceptics evidence for doubt?
Can you explain why the photo is significant?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:29:50 PM by Erngath »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »
That would depend on whether you think hiring a firm of inexperienced dodgy detectives who interfere with witnesses and 'compensate' people who talk to them is a perfectly normal way to behave.

Why does this add to your doubts about the McCanns?
Can you explain?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »
I agree. One photo isn't much. A list of strange stories, actions, photographs, interviews and videos is another matter.

In your opinion... You can support an argument fir many things by being selective with the evidence you choose

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2019, 05:56:23 PM »
In your opinion... You can support an argument fir many things by being selective with the evidence you choose

I absolutely agree...the Netflix documentary being a case in point.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »
Just another example of your fondness for hyperbole then.
Absolutely not, it’s true as far as I remember, but would likely be impossible to prove as most of Faith’s bitchier comments tend to be removed by the mods.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2019, 06:11:53 PM »
It’s a pretty pathetic reason isn’t it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »
Why does this add to your doubts about the McCanns?
Can you explain?

Why a company which didn't have any experience of finding missing people?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »

It must be difficult when your daughter disappears to find just the right company.
Are they listed  in Yellow pages?
Why do you think they chose a dodgy and inexperienced company.?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:14:40 PM by Erngath »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »
Name the company they should have gone with.