Author Topic: The Calpol claim revisited.  (Read 48980 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The Calpol claim revisited.
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2018, 11:40:24 PM »
I don't think two doctors, if faced with a child who had had a few extra doses of calpol in the day, would have been thrown into much of a panic. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:53:49 PM by Angelo222 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2018, 12:06:52 AM »
I don't think two doctors, if faced with a child who had had a few extra doses of calpol in the day, would have been thrown into much of a panic.

There was some sort of unexplained stain on Madeleine's pyjamas found on Thursday morning, and Kate said it wasn't due to anything she had done.  To me that is a bit of a mystery.  Later it was claimed a caring couple entered the apartment on Wednesday night.  I can only think it was them that had administered something to Madeleine to calm her down.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:54:49 PM by Angelo222 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2018, 12:10:56 AM »
There was some sort of unexplained stain on Madeleine's pyjamas found on Thursday morning, and Kate said it wasn't due to anything she had done.  To me that is a bit of a mystery.  Later it was claimed a caring couple entered the apartment on Wednesday night.  I can only think it was them that had administered something to Madeleine to calm her down.

so they just happenned to have a bottle of calpol in their pockets?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:55:11 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2018, 12:20:11 AM »
so they just happenned to have a bottle of calpol in their pockets?
There are many apartments within a short walking distance, so if they didn't have it with them they could easily go and fetch some.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:50:47 AM by slartibartfast »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2018, 12:24:05 AM »
Well where do you think the caring couple were staying overnight?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:51:24 AM by slartibartfast »
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:29 AM »
Well obviously no one is going to admit to it.  But there was some sort of unexplained stain on Madeleine's pyjamas found on Thursday morning, and Kate said it wasn't due to anything she had done.  To me that is a bit of a mystery.  Later it was claimed a caring couple entered the apartment on Wednesday night.  I can only think it was them that had administered something to Madeleine to calm her down.

The so-called couple is nothing but a tabloid or forum myth so far. There's no such thing in the files.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2018, 02:29:54 AM »
Looking at the side effects  of acetaminophen overdose etc.  I think the percentage beside the adverse reaction is the percentage of adverse reactions with those symptoms.  It is possible to get nervous system signs "Nervous system
Common (1% to 10%): Headache, dizziness
Frequency not reported: Dystonia"

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/paracetamol-side-effects.html

"For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to acetaminophen: compounding powder, intravenous solution, oral capsule, oral granule effervescent, oral liquid, oral powder for reconstitution, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable, oral tablet disintegrating, oral tablet extended release, rectal suppository

General
In general, acetaminophen (the active ingredient contained in Paracetamol) is well-tolerated when administered in therapeutic doses. The most commonly reported adverse reactions have included nausea, vomiting, constipation. Injection site pain and injection site reaction have been reported with the IV product.[Ref]

Hepatic
Common (1% to 10%): Increased aspartate aminotransferase
Rare (less than 0.1%): Increased hepatic transaminases
Frequency not reported: Liver failure[Ref]

Gastrointestinal
Very common (10% or more): Nausea (up to 34%), Vomiting (up to 15%)
Common (1% to 10%): Abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, dyspepsia, enlarged abdomen
Frequency not reported: Dry mouth[Ref]

Hypersensitivity
Postmarketing reports: Anaphylaxis, hypersensitivity reactions[Ref]

Hematologic
Common (1% to 10%): Anemia, postoperative hemorrhage
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Thrombocytopenia, leucopenia, neutropenia[Ref]

Dermatologic
Common (1% to 10%): Rash, pruritus
Rare (less than 0.1%): Serious skin reactions such as acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Pemphigoid reaction, pustular rash, Lyell syndrome
:[Ref]

Respiratory
Common (1% to 10%): Dyspnea, abnormal breath sounds, pulmonary edema, hypoxia, pleural effusion, stridor, wheezing, coughing[Ref]

Cardiovascular
Common (1% to 10%): Peripheral edema, hypertension, hypotension, tachycardia, chest pain[Ref]

Metabolic
Common (1% to 10%): Hypokalemia, hyperglycemia[Ref]

Nervous system
Frequency not reported: Dystonia

Musculoskeletal
Common (1% to 10%): Muscle spasms, trismus

Psychiatric
Common (1% to 10%): Insomnia, anxiety

Genitourinary
Common (1% to 10%): Oliguria

Local
Common (1% to 10%): Infusion site pain, injection site reactions

Ocular
Common (1% to 10%): Periorbital edema

Other
Common (1% to 10%): Pyrexia, fatigue
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Malaise
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2018, 09:30:29 AM »
Even if this couple existed, and even if they gave an unsolicited dose of Calpol to Madeleine on Wednesday night, and even if it caused the stain on Madeleine's pjs (unlikely as Calpol is bright pink usually) then how would hat have had any bearing on her well-being 24 hours later?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 02:08:23 PM by Angelo222 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2018, 11:10:46 AM »
Even if this couple existed, and even if they gave an unsolicited dose of Calpol to Madeleine on Wednesday night, and even if it caused the stain on Madeleine's pjs (unlikely as Calpol is bright pink usually) then how would hat have had any bearing on her well-being 24 hours later?
We don't know what was being administered.  I looked at my packet of Paracetamol and it does advise a certain dosage within a 24 hour period.  So medication given on the Wednesday night can add to the effects of further medication given on the Thursday night.  Madeleine also went sailing on the Thursday and hurt herself so did the nannies also give her a little paracetamol (Calpol)?   It doesn't have to cause death just drowsiness and make her more susceptible to some other accident.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
We don't know what was being administered.  I looked at my packet of Paracetamol and it does advise a certain dosage within a 24 hour period.  So medication given on the Wednesday night can add to the effects of further medication given on the Thursday night.  Madeleine also went sailing on the Thursday and hurt herself so did the nannies also give her a little paracetamol (Calpol)?   It doesn't have to cause death just drowsiness and make her more susceptible to some other accident.
Paracetamol typically does not cause drowsiness.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
Paracetamol typically does not cause drowsiness.
I listed the known side effects before.   Maybe I should have used the word dizziness rather than drowsiness, I must apologise for that. 

"Nervous system
Frequency not reported: Dystonia
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2018, 01:11:31 PM »

Where does it say that she hurt herself?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2018, 01:57:04 PM »
There are many apartments within a short walking distance, so if they didn't have it with them they could easily go and fetch some.

No well meaning stranger is going to administer any medicine to a child they know absolutely nothing about.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2018, 02:06:58 PM »
No well meaning stranger is going to administer any medicine to a child they know absolutely nothing about.

Nothing's impossible until it has been proved to be impossible. However, that doesn't seem likely to me either. And it doesn't explain what they did with the child after, either.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »
Nothing's impossible until it has been proved to be impossible. However, that doesn't seem likely to me either. And it doesn't explain what they did with the child after, either.

Agreed.  Calpol does help children sleep regardless of some of the previous comments.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:45:31 AM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!