Author Topic: The Brexit deal's been done!  (Read 17218 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: The Brexit deal's been done!
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2020, 09:01:22 AM »
Who refused the Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland  a referendum on independence?

And i believe that the Outer Hebrides is represented both at Holyrood and Westminster by the
Scottish Nationalist Party.

The Scottish Parliament.
https://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/islandgroups
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2020, 09:26:19 AM »
The people of the Western Isles are gaelic speaking Highlanders with a different lifestyle and different needs from the people further south.
How does that address the complete contradiction in your previous post?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »
The people of the Western Isles are gaelic speaking Highlanders with a different lifestyle and different needs from the people further south.

The people of the Western Isles are represented both at Holyrood and Westminster by the Scottish National party.
So yes they do have " different needs from the people further south"
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2020, 09:48:53 AM »

The people of the Western Isles are represented both at Holyrood and Westminster by the Scottish National party.
So yes they do have " different needs from the people further south"
As do people in the wilds of Yorkshire, they have different needs from people in the Home Counties.  What was the point again?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2020, 01:58:01 PM »
How does that address the complete contradiction in your previous post?

The Scottish people aren't all in agreement because they don't share the same problems and concerns. If they did the Islanders wouldn't be interested in taking a different path than the mainlanders. Understanding the Islanders isn't the same as understanding the mainlanders.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2020, 04:42:15 PM »
The Scottish people aren't all in agreement because they don't share the same problems and concerns. If they did the Islanders wouldn't be interested in taking a different path than the mainlanders. Understanding the Islanders isn't the same as understanding the mainlanders.

You do seem to believe you have your finger on the pulse of both " Islanders" and " Mainlanders".
You are aware that the Western Islanders have vote SNP at both Westminster elections and Holyrood elections much the same as many "Mainlander" constituencies.
Is it a wee while since you last visited the Isles?
I would imagine that their views reflect the varied view of those who live n many areas of Scotland.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2020, 05:41:31 PM »
I have no idea what relevance any of this has to my question.  In case you hadn’t noticed roughly 50% of the UK is (was) in fierce disagreement with the other 50% about membership of the UK.  What point are you trying to make?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2020, 05:42:37 PM »
You do seem to believe you have your finger on the pulse of both " Islanders" and " Mainlanders".
You are aware that the Western Islanders have vote SNP at both Westminster elections and Holyrood elections much the same as many "Mainlander" constituencies.
Is it a wee while since you last visited the Isles?
I would imagine that their views reflect the varied view of those who live n many areas of Scotland.
Islanders and Mainlanders both overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU so God knows what point G-Unit is trying to make.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »
Definitely no more chancers/scroungers economic migrants from deepest Africa then.  Let's hope storm Bella keeps the rest of them in France until 1st January when we take back control.  @)(++(*
On the 21st January 2021 3.1 m Hong Kong citizens will be able to apply to move to the UK, which must fill you with joy Angelo. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hong-kong-british-national-overseas-visa-applications
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:38:44 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2021, 07:59:28 PM »
On the 21st January 2021 3.1 m Hong Kong citizens will be able to apply to move to the UK, which must fill you with joy Angelo. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hong-kong-british-national-overseas-visa-applications

I'm overtly racist & proud but I'm more than happy to see Hong Kong citizens get UK passports.

Chinese/Asians tend to be hard working & decent imo.

I'd rather 3 million of them than one more Muslim.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »
I'm overtly racist & proud but I'm more than happy to see Hong Kong citizens get UK passports.

I thought this country was full up?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2021, 08:05:32 PM »
I thought this country was full up?

There will be more space once we start sending them all back to Africa.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2021, 08:19:38 PM »
There will be more space once we start sending them all back to Africa.
That’s never happening, in fact more will be arriving from Africa very soon now that we have made immigration a level playing field and don’t need to import cheap labour only from Europe anymore.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »
“The PM will make a four-day trip to India at the end of this month. Expect an early success in trade discussions with Delhi or he wouldn’t be going. But India’s price for a trade deal has long been better immigration access to Britain. Is that a price leave voters are happy to pay?”

Well, is it?

Offline Carana

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2021, 01:11:34 AM »

Why?