Author Topic: A Question For The "Sceptics"....  (Read 8445 times)

Martha

A Question For The "Sceptics"....
« on: April 20, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
When the Scotland Yard Review is completed and the McCanns continue to walk free, are neither arrested nor charged with any crime - what then for you and your campaign?  Will you finally accept that there is no evidence of any crime committed by the McCanns or will you switch into full [ censored word ] mode and claim the McCanns are being protected by the UK authorities?

Redblossom

Re: A Question For The "Sceptics"....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
When the Scotland Yard Review is completed and the McCanns continue to walk free, are neither arrested nor charged with any crime - what then for you and your campaign?  Will you finally accept that there is no evidence of any crime committed by the McCanns or will you switch into full [ censored word ] mode and claim the McCanns are being protected by the UK authorities?
Martha, you and other consistently talk of a campaign. There may be one by some quarters, perhaps,but it is not for you to declare that any 'doubter' of 'anything' is part of any campaign. As for your question, it cannot be answered really, until the review conclusions have been made public, and IIRC, the Met said they might not be. Till then....

registrar

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
valid question

my take: the detractors can't help themselves - they need to put the knife in whatever NSY concludes.

Reminds me a bit about the story of the Japanese soldier who was told to guard the bridge - and was found decades after the end of WWII - still guarding said bridge

learned behaviour rather than free thought - the detractors are by and large Pavlov's dogs

scary   

icabodcrane

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »
I was going to start a thread about the Scotland Yard review, funnilyn enough  ...  you beat me to it Martha

What will happen if Scotland Yard  concludes,  based on the evidence they have reviewed,  that Madeleine  was abducted

Not because they have uncovered any new evidence  ...  but purely based on the evidence that already existed when the Portuguese police shelved the case

They can hardly demand  that Portugal re-opens the case  ... not without compelling new evidence

So what will happen ?

Will the British police take up the investigation themselves ?  I mean they could hardly declare a British child to be  'abducted'  and then just shrug their shoulders in a  "nuthin to do with me guv"  way  ...  could they  ? 

( I didn't mean to take your thread off topic Martha,  but I just wondered if anyone knew the answer to this  ) 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »
@ Martha

If SY fail to identify an abductor or indeed clear evidence of what happened to Madeleine then suspicion cannot, and should not, be lifted in relation to her parents.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
Good question icabodcrane.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 07:41:44 PM »
Martha, you and other consistently talk of a campaign. There may be one by some quarters, perhaps,but it is not for you to declare that any 'doubter' of 'anything' is part of any campaign. As for your question, it cannot be answered really, until the review conclusions have been made public, and IIRC, the Met said they might not be. Till then....

Undoubtedly there is a campaign - first there was the Bennett campaign and his Madeleine Foundation, with meetings and leaflets and the like, now we have the activities of the HiDiHo individual, her video crusade and facebook efforts to recruit members to the Anti McCann cause - whether or not you are a part of the organised campaign is by the by - it obviously exists.   

So, you are unable to imagine how you might feel about the fact that the McCann will almost certainly continue to walk free after the SY Review ends?

No, it is embedded in your OP that any skeptic is part of a campaign, so not getting away with that one!
 8((()*/

That is one of the major problems that some so called pro mccanns have, they will read a nasty tweet or objectionable post and then proceed at will to blacken every single person who has has some doubts  and questions and criticisms with the exaxt same brush, hardly normal, fair or truthful by any stretch, debunker poster on here is the perfect odious  example

as to how I would personally feel once the Met Police have finished their review, as I said, we will wait and see what they say, if anything. BUT if they say anything which I KNOW to be false from reading the files, well,..If they come up with fresh evidence for an abduction, likewise, I will take notice
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:03:15 PM by Redblossom »

icabodcrane

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
I was going to start a thread about the Scotland Yard review, funnilyn enough  ...  you beat me to it Martha

What will happen if Scotland Yard  concludes,  based on the evidence they have reviewed,  that Madeleine  was abducted

Not because they have uncovered any new evidence  ...  but purely based on the evidence that already existed when the Portuguese police shelved the case

They can hardly demand  that Portugal re-opens the case  ... not without compelling new evidence

So what will happen ?

Will the British police take up the investigation themselves ?  I mean they could hardly declare a British child to be  'abducted'  and then just shrug their shoulders in a  "nuthin to do with me guv"  way  ...  could they  ? 

( I didn't mean to take your thread off topic Martha,  but I just wondered if anyone knew the answer to this  )

No problem.  I don't know the answer I'm afraid.  How will you feel if that does indeed transpire to be their conclusion?  Will you accept it or will you continue to suspect the parents?

I don't think anyone should just  'accept' it,  if Scotland Yard suspect an abduction

Madeleine is a British child,  and if British police declare that they believe she was snatched from her bed by an abductor,  then they bloody well better keep on investigating until they find out  who abducted her,  and catch him

It would be a disgrace if they just said  that they think she was abducted and that's that,  review over,  the end

Redblossom

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
Be a waste of 4m quid if thats all they said
  >@@(*&)

Offline Carana

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »

So what will happen ?

Good question.

Perhaps it will depend on the strength of any major red flags and potential interconnections as to whether the prosecutor decides to reopen it or not. I've wondered what would happen if  there is just a list of question marks of people / points that had not been thoroughly investigated but without any major red flag...

Otherwise, perhaps having a proper database will help the police to crosscheck details when investigating other crimes (if the database operates as a system).

Offline Carana

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »

I don't think anyone should just  'accept' it,  if Scotland Yard suspect an abduction

Madeleine is a British child,  and if British police declare that they believe she was snatched from her bed by an abductor,  then they bloody well better keep on investigating until they find out  who abducted her,  and catch him

It would be a disgrace if they just said  that they think she was abducted and that's that,  review over,  the end

I don't know if UK hands would be tied legally or not. A bit of a difficult situation.

I'm not even sure what the current legal framework is concerning the review... Is a prosecutor following it? It seems to be a bit of a grey area at the moment.

registrar

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »

I don't know if UK hands would be tied legally or not. A bit of a difficult situation.

I'm not even sure what the current legal framework is concerning the review... Is a prosecutor following it? It seems to be a bit of a grey area at the moment.

PT is a sovereign nation - the disappearance happened on PT soil

NSY can advise until the cows come home

Redblossom

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »

I think the Uk can bring a charge on someone here if a crime was committed abroad, but only for rape murder or manslaughter

registrar

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:59 PM »

I think the Uk can bring a charge on someone here if a crime was committed abroad, but only for rape murder or manslaughter

you 'think' ?????

cites please

for you it needs to be rape,murder or manslaughter - nothing less will do, eh?

Redblossom

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »
when you google for the facts of how and when uk authorities can prosecute people here who have committed a crime abroad, and finding out it has nothing to do with me,or your opinion of me, iimay, may  consider conversing, till then...thats the problem with some of you lot, everything is personal and facts mean nothing  >@@(*&)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:50:06 PM by John »