Author Topic: A Question For The "Sceptics"....  (Read 8434 times)

Offline John

Re: A Question For The "Sceptics"....
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »

I don't think anyone should just  'accept' it,  if Scotland Yard suspect an abduction

Madeleine is a British child,  and if British police declare that they believe she was snatched from her bed by an abductor,  then they bloody well better keep on investigating until they find out  who abducted her,  and catch him

It would be a disgrace if they just said  that they think she was abducted and that's that,  review over,  the end

If you want the honest truth, they have neither the time , the manpower, the resources or the legal right to go traipsing throughout Europe and North Africa looking for Madeleine McCann.

That I'm afraid is the be-all and end-all of it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 09:53:54 PM »

Someone in authority at SY has to go to the foreign police force and say that this is what they think happened , and why.

Fact is Eleanor, foreign governments don't like interference in their domestic affairs.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »

Someone in authority at SY has to go to the foreign police force and say that this is what they think happened , and why.

Fact is Eleanor, foreign governments don't like interference in their domestic affairs.

No, I know they don't.  I just don't want to completely give up.  Someone out there knows something.

You see, Scotland Yard, or The Government, had to do something.  The Portuguese investigation was a cock up, why doesn't matter, but no country, let alone Britain can just sit by and do nothing when one of it's citizens gets abducted abroad.
Call it a PR Exercise if you like, but they have to be seen to be at least trying.

No, I don't think about Madeleine 24/7.  But I do mind very much about the lies and the abuse inflicted on The McCanns by anyone, not least people from their own country.
This is a moral miscarriage of justice.

registrar

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »

No, I know they don't.  I just don't want to completely give up.  Someone out there knows something.

You see, Scotland Yard, or The Government, had to do something.  The Portuguese investigation was a cock up, why doesn't matter, but no country, let alone Britain can just sit by and do nothing when one of it's citizens gets abducted abroad.
Call it a PR Exercise if you like, but they have to be seen to be at least trying.

No, I don't think about Madeleine 24/7.  But I do mind very much about the lies and the abuse inflicted on The McCanns by anyone, not least people from their own country.
This is a moral miscarriage of justice.

with you all the way

alas this has gone global and political

when the 'fund' was established - that money should have gone straight to a renowned detective agency - such as 'Pinkertons' - not associated with countries and/or governments

Kate and Gerry placed the funds into a 2 bit outfit called Metodo 3 instead - a provincial group of wannabe Columbos - who achieved nothing - not a single lead

debunker

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 07:42:45 AM »

I don't think anyone should just  'accept' it,  if Scotland Yard suspect an abduction

Madeleine is a British child,  and if British police declare that they believe she was snatched from her bed by an abductor,  then they bloody well better keep on investigating until they find out  who abducted her,  and catch him

It would be a disgrace if they just said  that they think she was abducted and that's that,  review over,  the end

I don't know if UK hands would be tied legally or not. A bit of a difficult situation.

I'm not even sure what the current legal framework is concerning the review... Is a prosecutor following it? It seems to be a bit of a grey area at the moment.

I think the Uk can bring a charge on someone here if a crime was committed abroad, but only for rape murder or manslaughter

I beliee it is only for homicide; rape is not covered IIRC.