Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 243089 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #930 on: January 02, 2020, 11:41:59 PM »
Of course you are not interested in discussing it any further. Why would you want to publicly defend a country who the U.N. has all but accused of war crimes ?

https://www.un.org/unispal/document/un-independent-commission-of-inquiry-on-protests-in-gaza-presents-its-findings-press-release/

I will leave you to let you realign your moral compass....I think it needs it.
No need, my moral compass is perfectly aligned.  I do not defend Israel’s foreign policy, and you won’t find a single instance of me doing so.  You’re comprehension skills are woefully lacking.  What I have said, repeatedly, is that comparing Israeli actions to those of the Nazis is [ censored word]emitic.  Even the Labour Party that you support officially agree that it is so why you persist with your disgraceful argument that it isn’t I really don’t know.  If anyone needs a lesson in morality it sure as hell ain’t me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #931 on: January 02, 2020, 11:56:30 PM »
No need, my moral compass is perfectly aligned.  I do not defend Israel’s foreign policy, and you won’t find a single instance of me doing so.  You’re comprehension skills are woefully lacking.  What I have said, repeatedly, is that comparing Israeli actions to those of the Nazis is [ censored word]emitic.  Even the Labour Party that you support officially agree that it is so why you persist with your disgraceful argument that it isn’t I really don’t know.  If anyone needs a lesson in morality it sure as hell ain’t me.

So you agree with the U.N. that Israel’s actions against the Palestinians could amount to war crimes ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #932 on: January 03, 2020, 07:48:46 AM »
So you agree with the U.N. that Israel’s actions against the Palestinians could amount to war crimes ?
It’s possible.  I think all armies are guilty of them at some point, especially in a long, drawn out conflict.  They must be investigated and suffer the consequences if found guilty, but I note you have completely dodged the issue.  You attempted to completely misrepresent my views and attempted to smear me by claiming my morality was faulty simply because I took issue with you comparing Israelis to Nazis, something which is internationally regarded as [ censored word]emitic by many countries and organisations including the Labour Party.  I think I am owed an apology, but I’m sure I will never get one from you.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:55:45 AM by mrswah »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #933 on: January 03, 2020, 11:26:27 AM »
It’s possible.  I think all armies are guilty of them at some point, especially in a long, drawn out conflict.  They must be investigated and suffer the consequences if found guilty, but I note you have completely dodged the issue.  You attempted to completely misrepresent my views and attempted to smear me by claiming my morality was faulty simply because I took issue with you comparing Israelis to Nazis, something which is internationally regarded as [ censored word]emitic by many countries and organisations including the Labour Party.  I think I am owed an apology, but I’m sure I will never get one from you.   

You may dismiss Al Jazeera but it is a globally recognised news organization. So again I point you back to my original link, which none of the content so far you have attempted to rebut.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/israel-nation-state-law-parallels-nazi-nuremberg-laws-180725084739536.html
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #934 on: January 03, 2020, 07:41:44 PM »
You may dismiss Al Jazeera but it is a globally recognised news organization. So again I point you back to my original link, which none of the content so far you have attempted to rebut.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/israel-nation-state-law-parallels-nazi-nuremberg-laws-180725084739536.html
It really is laughable that you are attempting to defend your position by quoting Al Jazeera at me, it would be  a bit like me quoting the Daily Mail or the Telegraph back at you, in fact you’d probably scoff at a BBC report as Jezbollah’s supporters are convinced the Beeb were out to smear him at every opportunity.  Stop trying to defend the indefensible.  Even Labour has given up now, time for you to accept it and move on.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #935 on: January 03, 2020, 10:17:19 PM »
It really is laughable that you are attempting to defend your position by quoting Al Jazeera at me, it would be  a bit like me quoting the Daily Mail or the Telegraph back at you, in fact you’d probably scoff at a BBC report as Jezbollah’s supporters are convinced the Beeb were out to smear him at every opportunity.  Stop trying to defend the indefensible.  Even Labour has given up now, time for you to accept it and move on.

Jezbollah ? Is name calling really the best you have to offer by way of mature political debate ?

And yet again you refuse to rebut any of the points made in the Al Jazeera article posted. Come on Alfie, if the article is as worthy of contempt as you suggest then it should be simple for you to pull apart.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #936 on: January 03, 2020, 11:04:21 PM »
Jezbollah ? Is name calling really the best you have to offer by way of mature political debate ?

And yet again you refuse to rebut any of the points made in the Al Jazeera article posted. Come on Alfie, if the article is as worthy of contempt as you suggest then it should be simple for you to pull apart.
You do realise that the article you’ve quoted from is an opinion piece written by some Palestinian author, don’t you?  So, basically it’s one Palestinian’s opinion in the Arab news outlet Al Jazeera that the Israelis are like the Nazis and you think THAT’S worthy of rebutting??!  The woman is clearly and obviously an [ censored word]emite as evidenced by her comparison and as confirmed by the IHRA’s guidelines on the subject, the same guidelines that Jezzbollah and his party finally signed up to, which means that if you asked them publicly to comment on it, they too would have to say the same, that her views are unacceptable.  Why are you so utterly DETERMINED to defend [ censored word]emitism?   

Furthermore I have posted several articles on why referring to Israelis as like Nazis is unacceptable and [ censored word]emitic and you have ignored every single one of them.  Why have you not rebutted any of those?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:08:02 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #937 on: January 03, 2020, 11:57:39 PM »
You do realise that the article you’ve quoted from is an opinion piece written by some Palestinian author, don’t you?  So, basically it’s one Palestinian’s opinion in the Arab news outlet Al Jazeera that the Israelis are like the Nazis and you think THAT’S worthy of rebutting??!  The woman is clearly and obviously an [ censored word]emite as evidenced by her comparison and as confirmed by the IHRA’s guidelines on the subject, the same guidelines that Jezzbollah and his party finally signed up to, which means that if you asked them publicly to comment on it, they too would have to say the same, that her views are unacceptable.  Why are you so utterly DETERMINED to defend [ censored word]emitism?   

Furthermore I have posted several articles on why referring to Israelis as like Nazis is unacceptable and [ censored word]emitic and you have ignored every single one of them.  Why have you not rebutted any of those?

I believe the link you provided was an opinion piece too but it appears to have been deleted...no matter.

First let me be clear....I do not and have never compared Israelis to the Nazis....in fact there are many Israelis who despise the atrocities their own government perpetrate daily on the Palestinian people.

The Al-Jazeera piece points to laws brought in by the Israeli government and compares and contrasts those with the  Nuremberg Race Laws brought in under the Nazis. The Amnesty International report linked below says broadly the same thing....is it also anti-Semitic ?

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/.

‘DISCRIMINATION

Israel continued to pass legislation that discriminates against non-Jewish citizens, particularly Palestinians. The Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People, passed in July, described the Israeli state as being only for the Jewish people, confirming the status of the almost one fifth of the population who are Palestinian citizens of Israel as second-class citizens.’

Too often the accusation of anti-semitism is used to close down any criticism of Israeli actions towards the Palestinian people. This is not a conflict of equals, it is an occupation by a powerful military state, armed and supported by the West, against an impoverished, stateless and displaced people.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #938 on: January 04, 2020, 12:05:54 AM »
I believe the link you provided was an opinion piece too but it appears to have been deleted...no matter.

First let me be clear....I do not and have never compared Israelis to the Nazis....in fact there are many Israelis who despise the atrocities their own government perpetrate daily on the Palestinian people.

The Al-Jazeera piece points to laws brought in by the Israeli government and compares and contrasts those with the  Nuremberg Race Laws brought in under the Nazis. The Amnesty International report linked below says broadly the same thing....is it also anti-Semitic ?

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/.

‘DISCRIMINATION

Israel continued to pass legislation that discriminates against non-Jewish citizens, particularly Palestinians. The Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People, passed in July, described the Israeli state as being only for the Jewish people, confirming the status of the almost one fifth of the population who are Palestinian citizens of Israel as second-class citizens.’

Too often the accusation of anti-semitism is used to close down any criticism of Israeli actions towards the Palestinian people. This is not a conflict of equals, it is an occupation by a powerful military state, armed and supported by the West, against an impoverished, stateless and displaced people.
Faithlilly, this entire discussion came about because I pointed out that comparing Israelis to Nazis was [ censored word]emitic, something which you vociferously disputed.  Fortunately for you, your defence of those who make this [ censored word]emitic comparison has been deleted forever, so you can rest easy and pretend that you never expressed the view in the first place. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #939 on: January 04, 2020, 12:18:04 AM »
Faithlilly, this entire discussion came about because I pointed out that comparing Israelis to Nazis was [ censored word]emitic, something which you vociferously disputed.  Fortunately for you, your defence of those who make this [ censored word]emitic comparison has been deleted forever, so you can rest easy and pretend that you never expressed the view in the first place.

I compared the Israeli state’s actions towards the Palestinian people to the Nazi treatment of the Jews...I did not compare Israelis (one fifth of who are Arabs ) to Nazis and it is grossly dishonest of you to imply that I did.

What is clear is that your slur against me of anti-semitism is unfounded and that my position is mirrored and strengthened by the report posted above by Amnesty International.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:15:52 AM by Faithlilly »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #940 on: January 04, 2020, 01:19:57 AM »

My stepmother was a jew, and she lived in quiet fear for most of her life, especially for my half brother.  She inadvertently taught me quite a lot about The Jewish Faith, although I suspect she thought I wasn't actually listening.

I said Kadish for her.  My brother wouldn't even have known what that was.  I hope that my agnosticism was not offensive.  But it was important to me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #941 on: January 04, 2020, 07:21:46 AM »
I compared the Israeli state’s actions towards the Palestinian people to the Nazi treatment of the Jews...I did not compare Israelis (one fifth of who are Arabs ) to Nazis and it is grossly dishonest of you to imply that I did.

What is clear is that your slur against me of anti-semitism is unfounded and that my position is mirrored and strengthened by the report posted above by Amnesty International.
She would not let it lie but she would split hairs to the nth degree.  Don’t mention Israel and Nazis in the same breath if you don’t wish to be accused of [ censored word]emitism.  You reckon it’s ok to do so, it is not.  The end.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #942 on: January 04, 2020, 11:55:22 AM »
She would not let it lie but she would split hairs to the nth degree.  Don’t mention Israel and Nazis in the same breath if you don’t wish to be accused of [ censored word]emitism.  You reckon it’s ok to do so, it is not.  The end.

Splitting hairs ? The Israeli people are, as I have pointed out, a fifth Arab so why would I compare the Israeli people to the Nazis ?

I have provided evidence that the Israeli government is acting in much the same way as the Nazis did during their rise to power, Amnesty International agree. That many Israeli Jews agree with me and not you is also testament to that truth. That you don’t is, unfortunately, testament to your bias.

The end ? You have tried to misrepresent my argument and now you attempt to shut down the debate when you see your position is untenable. Same old tactics, different subject.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:33:30 PM by Faithlilly »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #943 on: January 04, 2020, 12:21:12 PM »

There is an Israeli Arab living in my Hamlet.  He is a really nice man.  He has been here for years and years.  He doesn't appear to have a problem with what he is.  He earned a lot of money working in Paris.

Meanwhile my Jewish half brother went to Israel and decided that he didn't like it.  He then went back to Britain and joined The Freemasons, what ever that means these days.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #944 on: January 04, 2020, 12:34:48 PM »
There is an Israeli Arab living in my Hamlet.  He is a really nice man.  He has been here for years and years.  He doesn't appear to have a problem with what he is.  He earned a lot of money working in Paris.

Meanwhile my Jewish half brother went to Israel and decided that he didn't like it.  He then went back to Britain and joined The Freemasons, what ever that means these days.

Why didn’t your half brother like Israel ?