Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 243054 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #1155 on: January 29, 2020, 07:05:34 PM »
What I absolutely deplore is individuals using the real victimisation of Jewish people to attack those who object to Israeli government policies....even when the objectors are Jewish themselves.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1156 on: January 30, 2020, 07:12:30 AM »
Or you....unless you decide on Israeli government policy.
You’ve stopped making any sense now.  This discussion all started when I informed you that comparing Israeli government policy to the Nazis was [ censored word]emitic.  You weren’t having it and have been trying to defend your position ever since even though I have demonstrated that most western governments are in complete accord with what I said, and even the subject of this thread, your beloved JC says it’s wrong, don’t do it.  Why are you, weeks later, still trying to defend the indefensible?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1157 on: January 30, 2020, 10:36:50 PM »
You’ve stopped making any sense now.  This discussion all started when I informed you that comparing Israeli government policy to the Nazis was [ censored word]emitic.  You weren’t having it and have been trying to defend your position ever since even though I have demonstrated that most western governments are in complete accord with what I said, and even the subject of this thread, your beloved JC says it’s wrong, don’t do it.  Why are you, weeks later, still trying to defend the indefensible?

I point you again to the Al Jazeera article you got so heat up about a few weeks ago.

There is not one credible world leader who publicly supports Israel’s actions towards the Palestinians and that tells you all you need to know.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1158 on: January 30, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »
I point you again to the Al Jazeera article you got so heat up about a few weeks ago.

There is not one credible world leader who publicly supports Israel’s actions towards the Palestinians and that tells you all you need to know.
Once again you are deflecting.  Perhaps you can remind me where I made the claim that Israel’s actions were widely supported or indeed that I supported them?  All I have ever said is that comparing Israeli government to the Nazis is [ censored word]emitic, which it is and which you apparently unable to come to terms with despite the fact that even Corbyn says that to do so is quite unacceptable and wrong.  How much longer do you plan to keep on defending the indefensible or will you at long last concede that you were wrong to have ever championed Nazi name-calling of the Israelis?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1159 on: January 31, 2020, 09:29:02 PM »
I'm no expert on Israel or Palestine but I can see that there's a difference between being anti-Jewish and disapproving of how the Israeli government have treated the Palestinians.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »
This is the second time the Nazi issue has entered this thread, could we stay on topic please. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1161 on: February 01, 2020, 06:31:58 PM »
This is the second time the Nazi issue has entered this thread, could we stay on topic please. TY
Jeremy Corbyn is never going to be PM so you may as well close the thread. 

Offline John

« Reply #1162 on: February 01, 2020, 06:37:13 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn is never going to be PM so you may as well close the thread.

I think we took that for granted a long time ago.

Following discussions with my friends* on the Madeleine McCann forum I thought it would be interesting to continue the discussion here.  Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that pigs will sprout wings and fly before Corbyn gets his hands on the keys of Number 10, but putting that to one side - what do we think of his views, his ability to lead the Labour Party and the country, his beard and dress sense, etc?

* (friends in this instance is used in the same way as Corbyn claimed he used the word to describe the terrorist sympathisers he shared a platform with, ie: a bunch of people whose views I vehemently oppose but it's always good to talk!)

Three years on and Corbyn has failed to impress anyone.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 06:41:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1163 on: February 01, 2020, 06:43:15 PM »
The Nazi issue arose out of a discussion about [ censored word]emitism, which was one of the main reasons for Corbyn’s downfall.  He has a history of lending support to [ censored word]emites who like to draw parallels between Israel and the Nazis, but has since renounced such behaviour as “wrong”.  Indeed making such comparisons is now proscribed by the Labour Party and any member found doing so is liable (auite rightly imo) to be kicked out of the party, yet still some members and supporters insist on doing so.  Corbyn’s successor must stand firm and root out these individuals and let them go off and form their own anti-Israel party, where they can invoke Godwin’s Law until they are blue in the face.  Only then will Labour be able to be free of the taint of [ censored word]emitism which has blighted them for the last few years.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1164 on: February 01, 2020, 06:57:11 PM »

Three years on and Corbyn has failed to impress anyone.

Why make such a fatuous statement ? He is the most popular leader of the Labour Party in the last 100 years amongst its members and when you consider that we are the largest political party in Europe he most certainly has impressed many people.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1165 on: February 01, 2020, 07:26:46 PM »
Why make such a fatuous statement ? He is the most popular leader of the Labour Party in the last 100 years amongst its members and when you consider that we are the largest political party in Europe he most certainly has impressed many people.
Why was his popularity rating with voters the lowest since Michael Foot then?  Don’t tell me - the Jews brainwashed all the sheeple!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1166 on: February 01, 2020, 10:08:10 PM »
Why was his popularity rating with voters the lowest since Michael Foot then?  Don’t tell me - the Jews brainwashed all the sheeple!

Why in heavens would anyone think that ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1167 on: February 01, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »
Why in heavens would anyone think that ?
God knows but believe it or not some people think the media are to blame for Corbyn’s woeful lack of popularity and we all know who controls the media don’t we, nudge nudge wink wink.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1168 on: February 01, 2020, 10:22:49 PM »
I'm no expert on Israel or Palestine but I can see that there's a difference between being anti-Jewish and disapproving of how the Israeli government have treated the Palestinians.

And continue to treat them...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1169 on: February 01, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »
God knows but believe it or not some people think the media are to blame for Corbyn’s woeful lack of popularity and we all know who controls the media don’t we, nudge nudge wink wink.

Studies have shown the part media bias has played in Corbyn’s lack of  popularity 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-labour-mainstream-press-lse-study-misrepresentation-we-cant-ignore-bias-a7144381.html

As to your last comment, I’m not sure what you’re alluding to.