Author Topic: The threatening letter. Why are Bamber supporters so upset?  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: The threatening letter. Why ?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »
I can't take anyone using the pen name Mason Doyle seriously ..... couldn't he have come up with something less onvious than an amalgamation of Perry Mason and Popeye Doyle! And I have no interest in reading a book confirming what I already know .... Bamber is guilty beyond any doubt

Apparently the name comes from his long deceased pet dog who he still misses  8)><(  I think I do recall him making ref to Perry Mason as well.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4774.msg200466.html#msg200466
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
To be honest I've distanced myself from this forum for a while as I think we have pretty much covered everything that needs to be said about the case, though since I have been away there have been interesting developments not in the case itself, but in people's attitudes-dyed in the wool Bamberettes becoming guilters seemingly overnight!- and this intriguing situation.

Why would someone make up the letter? It makes little sense really because the book isn't even out yet. If it was, yes the letter would be great publicity but it's not likely when/if the book sees the light of day people will even remember this letter. However, I also felt it made little sense for the person in question to go on forums announcing himself as an author but was not willing to reveal what previous books he had written. What author doesn't want to publicise and promote their work? And though I understand why an author wouldn't want to go into detail about a forthcoming unpublished book why come on these forums and not even discuss the case? It's also baffling that you wouldn't want assistance from the police in pursuing what is essentially a death threat but I suppose that's the prerogative of the person that it's happened to. If you look at the comments in the Express piece someone has pretty much accused him of making up the letter out of spite about being banned from the forum. Which in my opinion would be a bit of an extreme reaction over being banned from a quite frankly obsolete message board.

Debating the identity of the person who wrote the letter is interesting but I don't think it would be helpful to name names! Certainly it would be odd for someone to send the letter from their local area knowing the post mark would reveal its origin-maybe that was a double bluff?

Hello Goatboy.  Nice to see you.  I think most of us are fed-up debating the WHF case.  Most who have considered the case in any detail have firmly held beliefs that are pretty fixed.  Much the same way we might view religion, politics etc.   As you said three dyed in the wool Bamberettes APPEAR to have changed stance.  I say APPEAR as I have yet to see anything of substance for the change of heart.  Especially given that these posters were ardent and prolific  &%+((£  I believe one or two were in contact with PH so perhaps he has persuaded them and they are unable to reveal?  Although I doubt MD would trust random posters with sensitive info?  Unless of course they are not random posters and are known.

I found PH prone to hissy fits and overall unreliable.  As far as I am aware he is the only poster who has managed a ban from Blue and Red simultaneously.  At one point Myster felt he had to stand down as mod over some spat involving MD.  It seems a coincidence that NGB made the following post and some 3 weeks later the article appeared:

Quote from: ngb on blue
I referred in a post yesterday to messages I had exchanged with Paul Harrison, the writer who has been a member here with the username Mason Doyle.  Apart from being personally offensive he made threats against the forum and against me personally.  He has continued to make threats in private communications.  I need to make it clear that we do not respond to threats and regard them as totally unacceptable.  The issue which was the subject of Paul Harrison's complaint was properly investigated and the facts fully and accurately presented here.  The thread concerned was then removed, as there was no point in continuing debate on the matter.

In view of his offensive comments and threats Paul Harrison/Mason Doyle has now been permanently banned from the forum.

I also advise Paul Harrison to be very careful what he says about me in the future.  Unlike him, I am familiar with the law relating to defamation.

I understand that Paul Harrison is also banned on the red forum, as a result of threats made to the owner there.  We finally have something in common.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,5844.msg259924.html#msg259924
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:39:54 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »
One of the funniest posts made by MD is as follows:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4931.msg208674.html#msg208674

In it he states:

"As someone who has worked in the criminal justice system for much of my life, I appreciate honesty and truthfulness, I have no time for people who deliberately lie or deceive."

As Reader pointed out all lies are by definition deliberate.  Hohoho and all this from one PH/MD, the author who  is going to give us the definitive account of WHF. 

Post from Reader:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4931.msg209142.html#msg209142

Well done Reader  8@??)( 8((()*/

Offline John

Re: The threatening letter. Why are Bamber supporters so upset?
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »
He loves the publicity...nuff said!  @)(++(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.