Author Topic: Admin Notice - Please respect each others views in Madeleine McCann case  (Read 9897 times)

Offline Admin

Admin Notice

We have deleted some posts and a thread today which breaches the high
standards we expect from posters on this forum. 

Argumentative or antagonistic posting is not permitted on this forum since
this adds little to the quality of the debate.  We would ask all posters to respect
the views of others and to refrain from entering into tit for tat responses.

We want to get to the bottom of Madeleine's disappearance like everyone else.

Thank you.

Admin
   ?>)()<

Offline Milly

A good stance admin  8@??)(    All to often we see these debates escalate to the point of stupidity and then the name calling begins.  Altogether pointless imo. 

I am looking forward to contributing to this discussion again as my favourite case has all but ended...

debunker

Do you have a policy on people who post unsupported information, refuse cites and fail to argue in theirfavor- trolls basically.

stephen25000

Good point admin, for you have succinctly hit on the problem with the McCann case. There are those here, (who post around 75 times per day, according to their stats), who are not remotely interested in 'debating'. Their sole purpose is to goad, abuse, incite and vilify.

They provoke and antagonise and when you fail to respond, you get labelled as being a coward who is "running away"to hide.

Which is a bit rich coming from r...........s who forever hide in the shadows, with false names and multiple ID's, all singing and abusing from the same hymn sheet.

As much as it will pain them to consider, they do not have a god given right to have their impertinent questions answered, post haste! Nor does having a different opinion to their CULT policy make anyone a '[ censored word ]' of the McCanns.

Such policies, abuse and intimidation antics are what Nazi Germany was founded on.

Happy debating, good people....

8@??)(    8@??)(  8@??)(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:16:47 PM by John »

Offline Eleanor

Good point admin, for you have succinctly hit on the problem with the McCann case. There are those here, (who post around 75 times per day, according to their stats), who are not remotely interested in 'debating'. Their sole purpose is to goad, abuse, incite and vilify.

They provoke and antagonise and when you fail to respond, you get labelled as being a coward who is "running away"to hide.

Which is a bit rich coming from r............s who forever hide in the shadows, with false names and multiple ID's, all singing and abusing from the same hymn sheet.

As much as it will pain them to consider, they do not have a god given right to have their impertinent questions answered, post haste! Nor does having a different opinion to their CULT policy make anyone a '[ censored word ]' of the McCanns.

Such policies, abuse and intimidation antics are what Nazi Germany was founded on.

Happy debating, good people....

Oh, the irony.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:16:59 PM by John »

Offline John

I believe both sides in this case have attacked each other constantly on various forums leading to a polarisation.  Please lets keep personal disputes out of the debate guys.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

registrar

I applaud this stance

This is of course an emotive issue

To have control of the debate - there must be guidelines in place

Ad hominems, name calling, swearing - have no place here

I support the admin/mods on here in keeping the exchanges - on subject

Offline gilet

It would appear that Spudgun has no real intention of debating anything. In fact he has claimed that is his position unless certain strange demands of his are met.

He posted once to tell everyone he would not debate and to insult another poster.

Then he has posted in this thread simply in a wholly ironical way his beliefs about free speech and the fact that asking someone for evidence for the things they claim is the equivalent to Nazism.

Then he again infers he won't be joining in any actual debate with his sign off line "Happy debating, good people..."

It may be wrong (I am not certain) to call people [ censored word ]s simply because they post claims which are designed to dengrate the McCanns which they cannot or will not support with evidence. But surely it is also wrong to call a fellow poster a troll with an IQ below 75 (which that posters posts clearly demonstrate is untrue) which Spudgun did and which has been allowed to stand?

Offline John

Furthermore, Spudgun's first post on here was a direct and deliberate insult to another member of this board and yet has been allowed to remain on this board uncensored.  Double standards operating?

All I can say in mitigation Martha is that it was a hectic day yesterday and some indiscretions slipped by.  As senior editor I can assure you that double standards do no prevail at least under my watch.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline gilet

Perhaps then the offending post by Spudgun which clearly is abusive to another poster should be removed?

Offline John

All threads are being edited to reflect their content.  TY

icabodcrane

Thanks Admin

There is a gentler feel to the board today,  with none of the ridiculing of opposing opinion

Much nicer 

Offline John

Hopefully it will settle down and we can tease out the truth slowly but surely?   8(0(*

Offline Lola

That was the moment when you posted your admin warning for everyone to respect each others views, that I decided to join the discussions for Justice.  Nice to have a site, where both sides can give an opinion, without hatred. In the years since Maddie has been missing, I have been a member of two sites. I will name no names. They are all good people. I think it may be my fault, how I articulate what I want to say. One site, 3/4 years ago, I am not a member of. The latest site, I still am, all good people on there, everyone of them. BUT, it's either me, I do feel, if you are fairly new, they give you abit of a bum deal, rather like kids in a playground, picking on new kid. Not all, they are all out for justice for a little girl. Might be one or two who are  ?8)@)-) up themselves. Anyhow. I did join to say, Debunker! Was the person on this site who was, in my opinion, causing unnecessary trouble. No flexibility in that person, a one track mind.

I do NOT believe McCann's version of events. Too many inconciectancies. I do not think they deliberately caused harm to the child ( I say child, as this poor girl as her mother said, does not go by the name Maddie, it's a name I so tend to call that little girl.). All I know, is what I read, Internet all sites. I have read the PJ files. I do know the Portuguese area and the people. A person as simulates data and forms an opinion, a NICE person, gives credence to both sides of the story. I have done this. I do listen to people who think the McCann's done/do no wrong. If you have nought to hide, it  would be good, to their advantage, to be, testify before a court of law that all they have done is for Madeleine, they cannot be upset when people question what they do. If you are up front and nothing to hide you would embrace all people's views, anything to get your child home. Unless you no otherwise. All in my opinion only. I am here to have my opinion changed, or make me think.

registrar

Debunker is strident and thus likely to upset some folks

But I think his/her posts of value - because he/she has no sentimentality - sentimentality being a major hindrance to objective debate.

Let's put the few facts (known to us commoners) under the microscope 

Give me a cold hearted Debunker for any 10 sentimental Spudguns/HideHos anytime - for the latter just produce fluff with no or little substance