Author Topic: Police seeking couple who entered McCann Apt to comfort crying Madeleine  (Read 43566 times)

Redblossom

Whats curious is that the couple walked home at around 9pm, were in the exact vicinity, were on the balcony at 9.15 and not a peep of seeing Jez Gerry Jane or others coming and going. That the PJ did not formally interview them is unbeleivable too especially as they were there for the whole month. And not even via rogatory. Strange.

Thank you for the links, Redblossom. Why weren't they formally interviewed ? They might have left to the UK in the following days.
Does this suggest that (before the turning of the case) the police didn't hunt people,  on the basis that everybody was aware of the abduction and that those who "knew something" would spontaneously contact the police ?

I dont know, there is nothing in the files, which makes this, taken from the express article sound true
They were in their apartment on the night Madeleine vanished. Afterwards they wrote an account of what they saw but were never formally interviewed by Portuguese detectives.

What *they wrote an account of what they saw* means?
In the radio interview S Moyes says they were there the whole month of May

AnneGuedes

So Mrs Fenn wasn't the only neighbour to be "neglected" as a witness.

Redblossom

I dont know, maybe the police informally questioned them and left it at that at the time.

Offline Benice

What about Anne Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen.

Although the two sisters contacted Portuguese police within hours of Madeleine's disappearance, their evidence was ignored for six months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html#ixzz2TkhXcjDx
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:57:39 PM by Admin »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

Although the two sisters contacted Portuguese police within hours of Madeleine's disappearance, their evidence was ignored for six months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html#ixzz2TkhXcjDx

There are more holes  in that article than 100 kilos of edam, besides Im always suspicious of people who *come out* months and YEARS !  later after events, pffft
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:02:35 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

The fact the police "ignored their evidence", which first tried to frame Robert M, has a reason. It's not rare people seizing the opportunity to be on the news..
For example :
"On the evening of May 3, the sisters ate in the same tapas restaurant as the McCann party.

Now have a look at the Tapas book

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS_BOOKING.htm#a3p606
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:04:54 PM by AnneGuedes »

Offline Benice

There are more holes  in that article than 100 kilos of edam, besides Im always suspicious of people who *come out* months and YEARS !  later after events, pffft

They wouldn't have 'come out' at all if their names had not been leaked to the press.  The reason it took 6 months for them to be interviewed is because all their approaches to the Pj were ignored.   I don't think you have read the article properly Redblossom to make those comments.  What are these tons of holes please?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline sadie

You know red, I believe that someone was deliberately pretending there were sightings to waste the Madeleine Fund money.  Red Herrings to dry up the funds.  To stop the searching, cos no money.

All had to be investigated

Redblossom

You know red, I believe that someone was deliberately pretending there were sightings to waste the Madeleine Fund money.  Red Herrings to dry up the funds.  To stop the searching, cos no money.

Heard it all now

Catch  you later

registrar

Quite, in addition to this (and this may sound harsh) - with the fund and the money sloshing around accounts - a cottage industry was born.

I recall very on, on the Mirror forum a poster calling themselves 'Steven' quite without shame asking around whether someone had a phone number for the McCanns so he could offer his printing services for leaflets and posters and suchlike.

Since then quite a few peeps have tried to get their slice of the action. That in a way was the monster the McCanns created - if I was, say a free lance journo or a criminal profiler trying to flog a booky - it would be very well in my interest to invent sightings - when reporting dries up re. the case.

It's parasitic behaviour - you feed on the host - but are very careful not to kill it.       

Offline Carana

I dont know, maybe the police informally questioned them and left it at that at the time.

Surely it would have been important to get information as possible from everyone around that night? I'm aware that they tried to interview people who were going to be leaving fairly soon afterwards, and that the whole situation was somewhat chaotic, etc.

However, this couple were there for the entire month and even joined in the search. They might have recognised whoever it was who looked like Murat. And might have clarified who tried to contact Sky (if it was the same couple).

Not to mention Mrs Fenn...

registrar

Surely it would have been important to get information as possible from everyone around that night? I'm aware that they tried to interview people who were going to be leaving fairly soon afterwards, and that the whole situation was somewhat chaotic, etc.

However, this couple were there for the entire month and even joined in the search. They might have recognised whoever it was who looked like Murat. And might have clarified who tried to contact Sky (if it was the same couple).

true but the PJ (and initially Team McCann - although they later changed their stance) - even elected to ignore statements of witnesses - who claimed to have seen Madeleine well before the 'abuction hour'

Namely Taxi driver Antonio Cardozo

Redblossom

I said I didnt know, and was unbelievable they didnt, cant say any more

AnneGuedes

However, this couple were there for the entire month and even joined in the search. They might have recognised whoever it was who looked like Murat.

Yes, they could find out (even in July when the TP3 came back to be confronted to Robert M) who was taken for Robert M. But was it interesting for the search ?
Is yet somebody doubting that Robert M wasn't near the scene on that night ?
You know, Carana, that a police permanent post was implemented very close by in the morning of the 4th in order to collect information. The couple might have said they didn't notice anything odd. In itself it was interesting, but right on the moment it gave no indication about the abductor and as these people hardly could be persons of interest, it wasn't registered.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:35:11 PM by AnneGuedes »

registrar

However, this couple were there for the entire month and even joined in the search. They might have recognised whoever it was who looked like Murat.

Yes, they could found out (even in July when the TP3 came back to be confronted to Robert M) who was taken for Robert M. But was it interesting for the search ?
Is yet somebody doubting that Robert M wasn't near the scene on that night ?
You know, Carana, that a police permanent post was implemented very close by in the morning of the 4th in order to collect information. The couple might have said they didn't notice anything odd. In itself it was interesting, but right on the moment it gave no indication about the abductor and as these people hardly could be persons of interest, it wasn't registered.

Well Casa Liliana is a mere 1-2 minute walk from 5a (without breaking into a sweat)

That's where Robert claimed he was with him mum, Jenny all night - talking in the kitchen .

To the best of my understanding this version was accepted by the authorities

So if I understand your question correctly - is the issue that Robert was either holed up within the confines of his mum's home - or mobile and out and about in Luz that night?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:32:59 PM by registrar »