Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21203 times)

Offline Angelo222

Whereas, he inflicted both misery and fear on the parents of a missing child. IMO.

Actually, they managed that all on their own because of their terrible parenting.  Had the McCanns properly looked after that child we would not be here discussing this eleven years later and she might have had a life.  The reality is whatever happened to her it was down to her parents stupidity.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:10:22 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

Actually, they managed that all on their own because of their terrible parenting.  Had the McCanns properly looked after that child we would not be here discussing this eleven years later and she might have had a life.  The reality is whatever happened to her it was down to her parents stupidity.
Wasn't it a group decision?  Even done with the approval of OC management!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

It may have been a group decision but OC management weren’t in loco parentis.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Being a bear of very little brain I become confused quite readily.
Will some kind person please let me know quite what is the relevance of an undefined group and the OC to tje McCann's writ for punitive damages against Sr Amaral?
catch you rater 8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

It may have been a group decision but OC management weren’t in loco parentis.
The term in loco parentis, Latin for "in the place of a parent" refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent. Originally derived from English common law, it is applied in two separate areas of the law.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

The term in loco parentis, Latin for "in the place of a parent" refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent. Originally derived from English common law, it is applied in two separate areas of the law.

Yes...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

And not one member of the group had the sense to point out that it was risky. OC were under no obligation to tell parents how to behave.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

And not one member of the group had the sense to point out that it was risky. OC were under no obligation to tell parents how to behave.
That backfired a bit then didn't it?  Business on the whole was not improved by having a child go missing from their resort.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

That backfired a bit then didn't it?  Business on the whole was not improved by having a child go missing from their resort.

It wasn't due to any oversight or failure on the part of the Ocean Club. It was more likely due to the depiction of PdL in the UK media
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

What of the long term,any figures to suggest booking's are not at a pre disappearance level?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

What of the long term,any figures to suggest booking's are not at a pre disappearance level?

If you look on trip advisor it seems to have gone downhill

Offline barrier

If you look on trip advisor it seems to have gone downhill

I'm sure we've both been to places where then  looking on trip advisor some seem to have stayed in a different universe.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

I'm sure we've both been to places where then  looking on trip advisor some seem to have stayed in a different universe.

No... Not if you look at the reviews as, a whole rather than individual.... I wouldn't book any hotel without looking at trip advisor first

Offline barrier

No... Not if you look at the reviews as, a whole rather than individual.... I wouldn't book any hotel without looking at trip advisor first

Think we'ed better stop going way off topic,but it depends on whether its individual holidays or packaged.

Offline Mr Gray

Think we'ed better stop going way off topic,but it depends on whether its individual holidays or packaged.

I think it's the same.... Dont just look at one review