Author Topic: Time line theory -question about origin.  (Read 8151 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Time line theory -question about origin.
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »
Being a trusting soul the only thing I would rely on would be the documents held by the MP to which the public have access on request, after the filing process.

You must admit the prospect of two sides arguing for ten years over documents that turn out to have been bootlegged to suit a few agenda's is a real gasser. I wonder if the MP could see which way it was going and took the unusual step of issuing the CD for purely mischievous purposes?
Well it is plausible.

I doubt that there was any mischievous purpose. In theory, post-ruling files could be accessed by "interested parties" (although I'm not certain who qualifies).

In view of the media frenzy, issuing the files on a CD may simply have been an expedient way of getting rid of the media rabble as fast as possible, as opposed to having to deal with a potentially huge queue for a photocopier or other means of access.

My understanding is that making the files accessible, post-ruling, is part of Portugal's post-dictatorship transparency measures, but the idea was that journalists could report on the contents, but they weren't intended to be uploaded.  The fact that they were is history.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »
I doubt that there was any mischievous purpose. In theory, post-ruling files could be accessed by "interested parties" (although I'm not certain who qualifies).

In view of the media frenzy, issuing the files on a CD may simply have been an expedient way of getting rid of the media rabble as fast as possible, as opposed to having to deal with a potentially huge queue for a photocopier or other means of access.

My understanding is that making the files accessible, post-ruling, is part of Portugal's post-dictatorship transparency measures, but the idea was that journalists could report on the contents, but they weren't intended to be uploaded.  The fact that they were is history.

In this instance I fear we are but heads and harps of the same coin.... ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pjcvreis

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2018, 06:02:58 PM »
As it would take ages to find traces of that now, I guess it should be filed as "IMO" and I can't find Paulo's original blog any longer.

A group of 3A armchair detectives, at least one of whom boasted of being a real one, somehow got Paulo to post their "work" on his blog along with a paragraph or so from him (relatively easy to detect as the difference in English was quite obvious).

Another one (also by "Reis & co") was that the same group was convinced that the crèche signatures were all fake and the so-called head "detective" was sending (or had sent) the sheets to Qantico or somewhere for "forensic analysis". One version was that it was for a handwriting analysis.

The funniest version (wherever I first noticed it on the web which may not have been on his blog and therefore may have been a spoof exaggeration of their initial initiative) was supposedly for forensic ink analysis. Unless they were intending to steal the original crèche sheets (and I'm not sure what that would have proved other than someone used a different pen from one day to the next) ... what exactly were the FBI or other agency supposed to analyse? Photocopying or fax ink?

Proving that the sheets were forged was supposed to blow the whole case apart and expose the massive "cover-up".

Despite several posts over time that results were "imminent", the group eventually faded away into obscurity.

My blog is where it was always: https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/

Offline pjcvreis

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »
As it would take ages to find traces of that now, I guess it should be filed as "IMO" and I can't find Paulo's original blog any longer.

A group of 3A armchair detectives, at least one of whom boasted of being a real one, somehow got Paulo to post their "work" on his blog along with a paragraph or so from him (relatively easy to detect as the difference in English was quite obvious).

Another one (also by "Reis & co") was that the same group was convinced that the crèche signatures were all fake and the so-called head "detective" was sending (or had sent) the sheets to Qantico or somewhere for "forensic analysis". One version was that it was for a handwriting analysis.

The funniest version (wherever I first noticed it on the web which may not have been on his blog and therefore may have been a spoof exaggeration of their initial initiative) was supposedly for forensic ink analysis. Unless they were intending to steal the original crèche sheets (and I'm not sure what that would have proved other than someone used a different pen from one day to the next) ... what exactly were the FBI or other agency supposed to analyse? Photocopying or fax ink?

Proving that the sheets were forged was supposed to blow the whole case apart and expose the massive "cover-up".

Despite several posts over time that results were "imminent", the group eventually faded away into obscurity.

Tha post is easy to find, in my blog: https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2008/12/more-on-deleted-call-records.html

Offline misty

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
Tha post is easy to find, in my blog: https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2008/12/more-on-deleted-call-records.html

Hi Paulo & welcome.
Do you know who was responsible for copying all the phone records onto spreadsheets as some of the Portuguese ones have English words inserted?

Offline Carana

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2018, 07:38:17 PM »

Hello Paulo,

Could you clarify something, please?

The rogatory interviews weren't on the DVD. My recollection is that you requested them, and received them as a legitimate request from... which entity? How they then got uploladed is ancient history - my interest is in how they were obtained in the first place.

As I've said several times, you were always careful to stay within the law.

ETA: typo corrected
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:35:12 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »
My blog is where it was always: https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/

Was that post all your own, or did you receive "help" from various volunteers?

I suspect that you trusted some people at a certain moment in time (who hasn't?) and that you agreed to host it with a few comments of your own. The style of English isn't the same throughout, for a start - and I very much doubt that you would have expressed yourself in what some may consider to be rude terms towards the McCanns. Towards the media is a different issue.

If that's not the case, whatever happened to the imminent analysis of the creche record ink that was supposed to prove fraudulent signatures? That goes back almost to the time of the infamous 24 photos saga.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »
Is that posh for "under Ena Harkness"?
Or a subtle "it is cast into a bridge buttress on the A505 near Hitchin Herts"? [scratchin' meks it worse]
Ready steady GOOGLE... 8(0(*

Hahahahahahaha. sub rosa indeed! sheer entertainment! don't bother gooling it means 'secret'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2018, 11:22:52 AM »

Excellent post, very informative. It must have been hell for the Team McCann when they found out the case was blown wide open, to the world.... the same world whch was told of an abduction. innocent parents and all that jazz there was no longer sub rosa for the group..

lol
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin