Author Topic: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!  (Read 19269 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2018, 09:30:11 PM »
They are just memory joggers for most.

How does that work then?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
How does that work then?
Memory jogger   - jog your memory. to cause you to remember something: Seeing her again jogged my memory, and I recalled my life as a child on a farm in Minnesota. (Definition of “jog your memory” from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press) https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/jog-your-memory
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »
Parents of any missing child would only do that if they knew the child was dead imo.  The innocent parents of any missing child would go to the ends of the earth to find that child but apparently not this family.  I wonder WHY?

Why are they so scared to return to Praia da Luz?
Perhaps you could give some examples of parents who have travelled to the ends of the earth for their children more than 11 years after their disappearance, then we can forward this info to the McCanns and advise them to be a bit more like them. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »
Perhaps you could give some examples of parents who have travelled to the ends of the earth for their children more than 11 years after their disappearance, then we can forward this info to the McCanns and advise them to be a bit more like them.
In one of the YouTube videos of a case in the USA the mother went door to door I think it was 20 years later and the detectives took another look at the case.  I can't recall which one it was now.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »

Winnie Johnson, Keith Bennett’s mother, and her family went searching on Saddleworth Moor decades after Keith went missing.

It not simply that they’re not physically searching. Their website hasn’t been updated in an age, the only movement on their Facebook page is the occasional posting of mawkish screenshots and the age progression photograph we were told Kate was keen on two years ago doesn’t seem to have materialised.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
Winnie Johnson, Keith Bennett’s mother, and her family went searching on Saddleworth Moor decades after Keith went missing.

It not simply that they’re not physically searching. Their website hasn’t been updated in an age, the only movement on their Facebook page is the occasional posting of mawkish screenshots and the age progression photograph we were told Kate was keen on two years ago doesn’t seem to have materialised.
Winnie Johnson KNEW her son was buried on Saddleworth Moor, which presumably was also pretty much on her doorstep, unless she had move hundreds of miles away by then.  What form did her searching take exactly, and was it not very much with the police’s cooperation?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 06:18:08 PM »
Winnie Johnson KNEW her son was buried on Saddleworth Moor, which presumably was also pretty much on her doorstep, unless she had move hundreds of miles away by then.  What form did her searching take exactly, and was it not very much with the police’s cooperation?

Any searching, no matter what form, is better than none.

What exactly has the McCanns done in the last 5 years to keep their daughter’’s image out there ? They can’t even be bothered to update their own website.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »
Any searching, no matter what form, is better than none.

What exactly has the McCanns done in the last 5 years to keep their daughter’’s image out there ? They can’t even be bothered to update their own website.
Every time they give an interview or “feed a story to the media”, Madeleine’s name and picture appears big and bold in the ensuing coverage, hadn’t you noticed?  But perhaps that is beside the point.  Perhaps the McCanns have finally come to terms with their loss and their only hope now is for some answers and some justice, which may explain why they have not updated the age progression picture.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 06:43:29 PM »
Every time they give an interview or “feed a story to the media”, Madeleine’s name and picture appears big and bold in the ensuing coverage, hadn’t you noticed?  But perhaps that is beside the point.  Perhaps the McCanns have finally come to terms with their loss and their only hope now is for some answers and some justice, which may explain why they have not updated the age progression picture.

Why don't they give interviews in Portugal. That is where Madeleine went missing.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »
Memory jogger   - jog your memory. to cause you to remember something: Seeing her again jogged my memory, and I recalled my life as a child on a farm in Minnesota. (Definition of “jog your memory” from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press) https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/jog-your-memory
That much I understand.
How does an eleven year old photo of a four old jog my memory of a 15 year old in the here and now which is what I would be looking for? Or stand it on it's head if you will, if I want you to find a 15 year old girl today what friggin' use is it for me to give you a photo of her as a four year old.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:56:28 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »

So you believe they are relying on ‘fed’ articles to keep their daughter’s plight out there ? Is that it ? They can’t even be bothered to stuff, what must be now, the few requests for wristbands etc into envelopes.

In every article we are told the parents think their daughter is still alive. It doesn’t appear so if their actions are anything to go by.

The age progression subject was raised by the McCanns themselves 18 months ago. Why the change then ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
Why don't they give interviews in Portugal. That is where Madeleine went missing.
Do they turn down imterviews on Portugal, or what?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »
Do they turn down imterviews on Portugal, or what?

Do they offer to do interviews? They certainly don't appear to do any unless it is on the court steps in Lisbon IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2018, 06:49:04 PM »
Do they offer to do interviews? They certainly don't appear to do any unless it is on the court steps in Lisbon IMO.

Do you suggest they do these interviews in English?  And to whom?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2018, 06:50:34 PM »

So you believe they are relying on ‘fed’ articles to keep their daughter’s plight out there ? Is that it ? They can’t even be bothered to stuff, what must be now, the few requests for wristbands etc into envelopes.

In every article we are told the parents think their daughter is still alive. It doesn’t appear so if their actions are anything to go by.

The age progression subject was raised by the McCanns themselves 18 months ago. Why the change then ?
No, YOU believe they feed articles to the press, only YOU believe it is for more simister reasons.  Do you seriously believe there are still people wishing to order Madeleine McCann wristbands who feel aggrieved and let down that they are unable to do so?
18 months is enough time in which to come to terms with the idea that Madeleine may no ever be coming back to them.  Perhaps the police have briefed them in the last 18 months to expect the worst?  But then as you seem to have an inside track, perhaps you know better.  @)(++(*