Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 170861 times)

Offline Nicholas

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:23:38 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
As his sister, Michelle is naturally protective towards him given his mental disabilities.

From my observations, she doesn’t appear to understand her brothers mental disabilities; the case against him; the justice system or that 20 years marks Jill Dando’s death! NOT 19 years ago when her brother was arrested!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sister-acquitted-jill-dando-murder-14578144

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1118666/ITV-Good-Morning-Britain-Susanna-Reid-Jill-Dando-murder-Barry-George-Michelle-Diskin-GMB
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:06:18 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:44:32 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »
George has had mental health issues since sustaining a head injury in his twenties, he was a bit of a dare devil back then.

He still appears to be a bit of a dare devil imo - no cycle helmet?! Which reminds me of that old expression, “Just like Riding a Bike,” often used to describe something that comes second nature and should be easy to do. It implies that we know everything about an activity and can take off where we left off

https://www.piratefm.co.uk/content/video/3744/my-conscience-was-clear-barry-george-speaks-about-jill-dandos-murder-20-years-on/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:07:39 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2019, 12:26:21 PM »
As his sister, Michelle is naturally protective towards him given his mental disabilities.

“The sister of the man wrongly convicted of Jill Dando's murder says he was incapable of the killing because "he would have had an epileptic seizure out of shock".
Speaking 20 years on from the shooting of the TV favourite outside her West London home, Michelle Diskin Bates insists her brother "was not capable of doing such a thing".
"He would probably have just fallen down," she says.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/barry-george-would-epileptic-fit-14558209

Yet more false narratives  *&^^&

https://erinbrownconroy.blog/2017/06/02/why-false-narrative-is-your-worst-enemy/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:33:27 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
Explain what you mean by “no evidence whatsoever?”

It's a simple observation.  There is no evidence whatsoever which could in any way point to Barry George as being the culprit. The single speck of GSR which the FSS claim was found in a coat pocket is meaningless.  Whoever targeted Jill Dando was a professional hitman imo and knew what he was doing. George was a patsy whom police believed was such a loner that nobody would care if he was banged up. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:43:48 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »
The single speck of GSR which the FSS claim was found in a coat pocket is meaningless.

Experts have since claimed; the single speck of GSR, when taken with the circumstantial evidence, still has probative value.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/lagnado-lab/publications/lagnado/ScienceAndJustice.pdf

Norman Fenton et al: When ‘neutral’ evidence still has probative value (with implications from the Barry George Case)
”We contend that, in order to determine whether evidence has probative value – and therefore whether it should be excluded from proceedings or not – it should be evaluated against offence-level hypotheses. Any diversion from this key principle will carry the risk that evidence might be presented to the jury merely as a diversionary tactic, and persuade it to make decisions based on superfluous source- level hypotheses.

It's a simple observation.

I’d say
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:06:44 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2019, 01:09:19 PM »
George was a patsy whom police believed was such a loner that nobody would care if he was banged up.

Scott Lomax:
“When Miss Dando was shot less than half a mile from where he lived, and when the police provided a description of the man they were hunting that matched the appearance of George, then he expected the police to turn up at his home at any time. He told people that he feared ‘they’ would blame him for Miss Dando’s murder. After all, this would explain why George felt he had to verify his movements on the day of the murder. He told the police “I went back there basically to account for my movements so if a situation did come up, I could address it to my solicitor.”http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/legan/legan040.htm

He can hardly be described as a patsy according to Barry George; his thoughts went straight to a solicitor!? That doesn’t sound to me like someone who’s easily taken advantage of!

There's always been the view, in the media and elsewhere, that the police chose Barry George somehow as a scapegoat and for want of a better word, a patsy, for the ­investigation team because we couldn't solve it," Campbell continued.
"That is ­somewhat insulting and completely untrue, and wrong. If none of the things [about Barry] had emerged, he would never have been charged at all."

http://www.pretty52.com/news/tv-and-film-jill-dando-murder-detective-believes-the-killer-will-never-be-caught-20190329
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:34:14 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
It's a simple observation.  There is no evidence whatsoever which could in any way point to Barry George as being the culprit. The single speck of GSR which the FSS claim was found in a coat pocket is meaningless.  Whoever targeted Jill Dando was a professional hitman imo and knew what he was doing. George was a patsy whom police believed was such a loner that nobody would care if he was banged up.

In the days following the murder, do you not think it possible Barry George had already raised his concerns with his mother - that the police may be interested in him; who in turn may have told his sister?

I don’t believe Michelle Diskin Bates claims around the time of her brothers arrest that she, “was never comfortable as materfamilias. According to her book, and elsewhere, she appears to have taken on this role from a young age.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:56:12 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
Experts have since claimed; the single speck of GSR, when taken with the circumstantial evidence, still has probative value.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/lagnado-lab/publications/lagnado/ScienceAndJustice.pdf

Norman Fenton et al: When ‘neutral’ evidence still has probative value (with implications from the Barry George Case)
”We contend that, in order to determine whether evidence has probative value – and therefore whether it should be excluded from proceedings or not – it should be evaluated against offence-level hypotheses. Any diversion from this key principle will carry the risk that evidence might be presented to the jury merely as a diversionary tactic, and persuade it to make decisions based on superfluous source- level hypotheses.

I’d say

Another factor is when GSR particles are found.  In the case of BG the particle was found a year later.  As forensic scientist Angela Shaw said in the recent douc the particle found in BG's coat pocket a year later could not link him to the shooting.  She estimates 1 in a 100 people will inadvertently pick up a particle. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2019, 01:56:13 PM »
Another factor is when GSR particles are found.  In the case of BG the particle was found a year later.  As forensic scientist Angela Shaw said in the recent douc the particle found in BG's coat pocket a year later could not link him to the shooting.  She estimates 1 in a 100 people will inadvertently pick up a particle.

Good to hear from you Holly.  Your post is spot on, the alleged particle has no evidential value whatsoever.  For all we know it was a FSS stitch-up as particles had already been obtained from Miss Dando.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2019, 01:59:29 PM »
If there is sufficient interest in the case then it can be upgraded to its own board.

Given the publicity surrounding the 20th anniversary it might be an idea to have a thread 'The unsolved murder of Jill Dando' or something similar rather than the emphasis on Barry George?  I would prefer to look at all theories.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on the thread but there's another docu this evening on ITV at 9pm.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
Good to hear from you Holly.  Your post is spot on, the alleged particle has no evidential value whatsoever.  For all we know it was a FSS stitch-up as particles had already been obtained from Miss Dando.

Thanks  8((()*/

I would be interested in knowing what others think of the following:

At 36.45 min in DCI Hamish Campbell states "That's when I authorised the search warrant" but during this sentence he falters and appears to stop himself saying something else  *%87

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003w40/the-murder-of-jill-dando

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2019, 02:44:42 PM »
Thanks  8((()*/

I would be interested in knowing what others think of the following:

At 36.45 min in DCI Hamish Campbell states "That's when I authorised the search warrant" but during this sentence he falters and appears to stop himself saying something else  *%87

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003w40/the-murder-of-jill-dando

Barry George had a criminal history, he was well known to the local cops as a bit of an oddball. The moment he came under suspicion was the moment the police stopped looking elsewhere. He was the perfect patsy, a fantasist with an unhealthy interest in women.

He has been living in a bedsit in Cork, Ireland, for a number of years. This is concerning imo as such conduct doesn't just go away because the perp relocates overseas.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 02:48:59 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2019, 03:02:08 PM »
Another factor is when GSR particles are found.

What’s the first factor?