Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral explains what the current trial is all about.  (Read 12884 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral explains what the current trial is all about.
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »
Amaral libeled  the twins and Maddie? wow! how could he!! that is shocking- I mean shocking, I never knew he could go so low!

I hope they get a zillion pounds each....imagine a police man treating the good name of children so wickedly!

But wait.... the children are not suing Amaral for libel, they do not have  lawyers representing them, or expert doctors offering diagnosis.     Hmm... just the needy- greedy parents. ( The true victims in this whole case)

You don't really understand what's going on do you?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »

I don't need to do that.

I just need to read his book and compare it with the files.

As Judge Maria Emília de Melo e Castro was at pains to point out to various persons during the proceedings it is her job and no one elses to compare the book with the PJ files and rule on it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
As Judge Maria Emília de Melo e Castro was at pains to point out to various persons during the proceedings it is her job and no one elses to compare the book with the PJ files and rule on it.

Very true ... particularly when she seemed underwhelmed by the book not living up to what it says on it's cover.  Misleading advertising or something along those lines she said.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2014, 07:12:13 PM »
Very true ... particularly when she seemed underwhelmed by the book not living up to what it says on it's cover.  Misleading advertising or something along those lines she said.

And if the case was about misrepresentation the McCanns would have it in the bag.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2014, 07:29:11 PM »

Yes you are correct, but the issue that was under discussion at the time was whether the book revealed anything that was not already in the public domain after the archiving of the process. Seemingly there were no amazing revelations and it was publishers hype as the judge said.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »
And if the case was about misrepresentation the McCanns would have it in the bag.

it is and they have

Offline Brietta

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »
Yes you are correct, but the issue that was under discussion at the time was whether the book revealed anything that was not already in the public domain after the archiving of the process. Seemingly there were no amazing revelations and it was publishers hype as the judge said.

I noticed there was no ace up any sleeves either.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:51:59 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....