Author Topic: G McCann - The antihistamine drug Terfenadine and its side effects.  (Read 32655 times)

ferryman

Re: G McCann - The antihistamine drug Terfenadine and its side effects.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 10:36:43 AM »
Three questions:

1.  In Gerry's statement all references to medication are in bold

Why?

2.  In Kate's statement references to drugs are not in bold

Why?

3 In Kate's statement there is reference to a medication taken by Gerry, omeprozle, a completely different drug, but no reference to terfenadine

Could there have been a confusion somewhere?

Before they left she took some precautions: put the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (Ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (liquid form for children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting elements used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

*My emphasis

(Kate McCann)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:38:54 AM by ferryman »

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »
Thank you for all your sources Serendipity, but I cant find any similar statements in any totally bonafide well respected drug/medical websites.

The internet is sodden with reports on the a.nti Mccann forums, but many of us feel that we cannot trust them because so many myths have come from them

We all know that we cant trust Wikipaedias because they can be easily altered by any Tom, Dick or Harry

Do you have any bona fide reports by any truly reputable agencies such as the NHS ?  Please.

From articles from the British journal of  Medical Practitioners 2004
Br J Gen Pract. Jun 1, 2004; 54(503): 412–414.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1266197/

"Recent examples of serious problems with treatments should not be forgotten; terfenadine and astemizole were withdrawn because of concerns regarding cardiac arrhythmia, in particular torsade de pointes, which is potentially fatal"

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »

"Recent examples of serious problems with treatments should not be forgotten; terfenadine and astemizole were withdrawn because of concerns regarding cardiac arrhythmia, in particular torsade de pointes, which is potentially fatal"

so that we can be sure...where is the information that Gerry had this drug

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:42 AM »
Three questions:

1.  In Gerry's statement all references to medication are in bold

Why?

2.  In Kate's statement references to drugs are not in bold

Why?

3 In Kate's statement there is reference to a medication taken by Gerry, omeprozle, a completely different drug, but no reference to terfenadine

Could there have been a confusion somewhere?

Before they left she took some precautions: put the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (Ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (liquid form for children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting elements used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

*My emphasis

(Kate McCann)

What confusion could there have been?  Terfenadine is clearly mentioned in the arguido statement here http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2572.jpg.  If it had been me and I spotted something erroneous in the statement I was about to sign, I certainly would not have signed it.  Gerry signed it all off of, yes?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2576.jpg

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 10:55:54 AM »

In his arguido statement http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

which he signed here http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2576.jpg

ferryman

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »

The reference to terfenadine is in Gerry's arguido statement:

When questioned, he states that none of his children takes any kind of medication regularly in England.
--- When they travelled on holiday to Portugal they brought several medicines, namely Calpol, Nurofen, for fevers and pains, both for adults and children, Losec for gastric problems that he occasionally suffers from, and an anti-histamine called Terfenadine for hay fever. He did not give any of these medicines or any others to the children while on holiday in Portugal.

But how trustworthy are the statements we read on line?

Offline sadie

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
Search for Terfenadine in here, you will find that it could affect the users psychological state:

http://www.healthcentral.com/static/pp/pdf_guides/psych65.pdf

Regardless of what either of the doctors was asked, they are duty bound to report any named patient basis medications.  They didn't, so where did Gerry Mccann get them from?
Well I have gone thru that and I can find no mention of Terfenadine

There are some fairly similar sounding medicines but I can find no mention at all of Terfenadine as having problems.  The names of drugs are very long and complex ...
... and I wonder if you have misread? 

Neither can I find any reference to Colobomas.

Please correct me if I have missed the words.

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »
Its in GM arguido statement.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

Is it possible the GP's did not disclose the drug because it was prescribed once, 2,3,4 or so years previously? The arguido statement says occasionally suffers from.

If a doctor has prescribed something on a named patient basis he is duty bound to disclose it as well as it being in his own best interests to as he is liable for anything that goes wrong.

ferryman

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
What confusion could there have been?  Terfenadine is clearly mentioned in the arguido statement here http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2572.jpg.  If it had been me and I spotted something erroneous in the statement I was about to sign, I certainly would not have signed it.  Gerry signed it all off of, yes?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2576.jpg

"Confusion" introduced by fraudster Levy?

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 11:05:12 AM »
Well I have gone thru that and I can find no mention of Terfenadine

There are some fairly similar sounding medicines but I can find no mention at all of Terfenadine as having problems.  The names of drugs are very long and complex ...
... and I wonder if you have misread? 

Neither can I find any reference to Colobomas.

Please correct me if I have missed the words.

If you open the pdf and then hit F3 on your keyboard and type in terfenadine in the search box and hit return, you will find it.

The reference to colobomas is not directly related to terfenadine but to which conditions have a a coloboma as part of the symptoms. 

Taking terfenadine could kill anyone taking it by causing heart arrhythmia but if Madeleine did have CHARGE syndrome of which heart problems can be an issue then if she did take them accidentally then it was doubly dangerous.

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 11:06:56 AM »
"Confusion" introduced by fraudster Levy?

What?  Oh do be serious lol.  Talk about straw clutching.

Offline sadie

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »

Once agin

I have gone thru that and I can find NO mention of Terfenadine nor colobomas.

Please correct me if I have missed them

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:32 AM »
I just wondered how far back in time the list of drugs went? Is it 1 year, 2, a decade, a lifetime or at the GP's descretion? The timescale could help to answer the question.

As far as I know it will be for anything that has been prescribed at any time by a practitioner.

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:35 AM »
Once agin

I have gone thru that and I can find NO mention of Terfenadine nor colobomas.

Please correct me if I have missed them

I have answered your question a couple of posts up Sadie

Offline sadie

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 11:15:38 AM »
If you open the pdf and then hit F3 on your keyboard and type in terfenadine in the search box and hit return, you will find it.

The reference to colobomas is not directly related to terfenadine but to which conditions have a a coloboma as part of the symptoms. 

Taking terfenadine could kill anyone taking it by causing heart arrhythmia but if Madeleine did have CHARGE syndrome of which heart problems can be an issue then if she did take them accidentally then it was doubly dangerous.
I can find NO reference to this except on A,nti forums which I dont trust, possibly dodgy Wikis or other possibly dodgy websites ... so far

Please name bona fide websites, such as the NHS, which state what you are stating.