Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral explains what the current trial is all about.  (Read 12786 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Gonçalo Amaral explains what the current trial is all about.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 02:19:23 PM »
Why did the mccanns feel the need to meet 'celebs' ?

Was it to obtain kudos ?
Publicity for the Madeleine search, Stephen

Am surprised you didn't understand that without having to be told.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
Why did the mccanns feel the need to meet 'celebs' ?

Was it to obtain kudos ?

The queue would seem to be reducing in length though; lawks a mussy
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
Publicity for the Madeleine search, Stephen

Am surprised you didn't understand that without having to be told.

They didn't need that sadie.

There was an abundance of that already.

It was to do with their egos and no more than that.

If not for Madeleine's disappearance, who would have heard of them ? 8(0(*

P.S. Meeting 'celebs' hasn't helped find Madeleine, has it ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:29:10 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
They didn't need that sadie.

There was an abundance of that already.

It was to do with their egos and no more than that.

If not for Madeleine's disappearance, who would have heard of them ? 8(0(*

It's not important who would have heard of them for themselves.  But it is VERY important for the search for Madeleine.  They know this.

In the early days kate hated the publicity, but she got on and did it, for Madeleine.

stephen25000

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
It's not important who would have heard of them for themselves.  But it is VERY important for the search for Madeleine.  They know this.

In the early days kate hated the publicity, but she got on and did it, for Madeleine.

Hated publicity ?

Nope, they reveled in it especially gm.

P.S. You don't need 'celebs' to search. 8)-)))

ferryman

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 03:38:36 PM »
Already about the depression, though, in any way are proven in the process, in my opinion, the truth is that it would be very strange if they didn't exist. The disappearance of a child, is dead or alive, has been kidnapped or not, cannot fail to cause huge sequels of this type. It would be very strange if this does not happen.

I find the underlined phrase quite intriguing...

I think, what he's driving at, is that the McCanns are bound to be down-at-the-mouth about Madeleine's absence, whatever the reason for that absence and however it came about ...

But above all, nothingtodowithmeguv ...

stephen25000

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
I think, what he's driving at, is that the McCanns are bound to be down-at-the-mouth about Madeleine's absence, whatever the reason for that absence and however it came about ...

'nothingtodowithmeguv'

Singularly appropriate.

Madeleine's disappearance was nothing to do with Amaral, and the book didn't impede the search.

ferryman

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »
How can Amaral claim that content of a book, published and prepared in breach of judicial secrecy, is lawful?

Does anyone know?

Offline Carana

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »

Just when the arguido status had been lifted and the media attention should have refocused on the fact that a litte girl was still missing, an ex-head of the investigtion launches a best-seller (with pre- and post-archival promotional interviews) stating that they WERE involved. All this based on nothing of any significance aside from eyebrow-raising "misunderstandings".

And that's just the book...

Offline Carana

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
How can Amaral claim that content of a book, published and prepared in breach of judicial secrecy, is lawful?

Does anyone know?

In one interview, he stated that he'd written it from memory...

Offline Carana

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

Does anyone know?

Quite aside from the actual allegations and "misunderstandings", it would be impossible to hand over the text, have it formatted, what I presume to be photoshopped "drawings" of actual case file photos prepared, printed and have a book ready for distribution three days after the archival ruling.

However, that breach of judicial secrecy is a minor issue compared to the numerous inaccuracies leading to unsubstantiated conclusions.

That said, I still find that the "documentary" and his interviews to be worse than his book for several reasons:

- The content of what he has stated since appears to be embellished, either by himself or by the interviewers (with little or any correction on his part).

- A book by the former head of the investigation was bound to be a best-seller, but it would have been forgotten if more objective information had then been conveyed in the PT press. Instead, the constant stream of interviews and column inches reinforced the public perception that Madeleine was dead and that the McCanns were somehow involved.

- The so-called "documentary" has numerous flaws, but an audiovisual medium has an added impact.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »
I think it is fairer to say Kate and Gerry hated BAD publicity-hence they got a PR machine in place really,really quickly I mean Really quickly.

I mean for non practicing Catholics  they got to meet the pope? WTF was that about.

Did anyone ever find out why they went to Oprah? was Maddie 'spotted' in USA?...And who was looking after the twins on these missions? You know what a bother it is for them to have to arrange for the twins to get looked after every time they go to Portugal? the global travel seeking and searching but have been a baby sitting nightmare.

The people of the Commonwealth are not looking for Maddie anymore, they are playing games...

Team McCann don't like what Amaral wrote..lol oh dear.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »
It seems that Gonçalo has laid bare some issues which were discussed here not so long ago.

He confirms my own view that the Appellate Court has already determined the status of the book so the question of defamation or what he refers to as 'lawfullness' is effectively null and void.  He also confirms that it is for the plaintiffs to prove that they sustained damages and provide appropriate evidence.  Finally, he makes reference to a counter-claim for damages, something which I have aired on several occasions as being a real possibility.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:08:43 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 01:16:15 AM »
I think it is fairer to say Kate and Gerry hated BAD publicity-hence they got a PR machine in place really,really quickly I mean Really quickly.

I mean for non practicing Catholics  they got to meet the pope? WTF was that about.

Did anyone ever find out why they went to Oprah? was Maddie 'spotted' in USA?...And who was looking after the twins on these missions? You know what a bother it is for them to have to arrange for the twins to get looked after every time they go to Portugal? the global travel seeking and searching but have been a baby sitting nightmare.

The people of the Commonwealth are not looking for Maddie anymore, they are playing games...

Team McCann don't like what Amaral wrote..lol oh dear.

Sure the Drs McCann hoped for publicity by appearing on Oprah; not for themselves but to publicise their missing daughter, Madeleine.   Very simple explanation, really for anyone who thinks before opening their mouth to put their foot in it.

Madeleine had been missing for two years; children change so quickly and Madeleine was no longer the four year old who was kidnapped; her parents were anxious to publicise the updated image of how she would look as a six year old; they could hardly find a bigger or better vehicle to promote that image of Madeleine than Oprah’s prime time show.

McCanns reveal Madeleine ‘older’ picture on Oprah

Kate and Gerry McCann release picture of how their missing daughter might look aged six

BY Danielle Dsane LAST UPDATED AT 18:02 ON Fri 1 May 2009

Two years after she disappeared, the parents of Madeleine McCann have released a photo from a forensic imaging artist that shows Madeleine how she might look now.

Kate and Gerry McCann plan to show the image when they are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey on Monday May 4, and hope that it will be seen worldwide, as the hunt for their daughter continues.

The photo was put together by an expert in age progression at the United States National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children using childhood pictures of Madeleine's parents.

It shows Madeleine as she would look aged six.

Madeleine went missing from the holiday apartment where here family was staying in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007. Since then, despite a huge international search and unprecedented media coverage, no concrete evidence has appeared to explain where she might have gone. •
http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/23535/mccanns-reveal-madeleine-%E2%80%98older%E2%80%99-picture-oprah

That was before the show was aired; but absolutely no ambiguity at all about why they appeared on it as can be seen from the following ...
The title of the show surely gives one a clue, then who really cares about that when the opportunity arises to get a dig in.  ]"Exclusive - The McCanns and the New Search for Madeleine"

McCanns make Oprah appearance

Kate and Gerry McCann have appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show and released an image of how their missing daughter Madeleine might look now, ahead of the second anniversary of her disappearance.

Courtesy The Oprah Winfrey Show: "Exclusive - The McCanns and the New Search for Madeleine" will be broadcast on Tuesday 5th May at 8pm on Diva TV. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8030184.stm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 01:45:40 AM »
... As for the social part, it seems to me obvious, if we neglect the many social events in which the authors have participated, including, gasp-if, speeches in the British Parliament, interviews in programs such as Oprah Winfrey, gala dinners as the most illustrious personalities, notably British, among many others, the so-called social distancing is totally false...
IMO it is Mr Amaral who will ultimately be applauded for his bravery