Author Topic: Millions of Brits are reading “Maddie: The Truth of the Lie” online.  (Read 11331 times)

Offline Carana

The only way round it is for the follow-up book to be published, no doubt he is awaiting the Portuguese Supreme Court's decision on the McCanns appeal before going ahead.

ps  like your avatar Alf.

I'll be interested to see if he gets his facts straight in the sequel, although I won't be holding my breath...

Offline Carana

The difference being the first time he/was grateful to have someone translate it and post it online to an English speaking audience but the second book shouldn't face the same restriction.

I wonder what his publishers thought about that?

stephen25000

Nobody otherwise it would say so at the bottom.

It was altered by ferryman John, when he copied my post.

I said 'fine', not fine with a 'd'.

Perhaps you would like to check that.

Now if this is an acceptable habit, where could it lead ???

Alfie

I wonder what his publishers thought about that?
Quite, their loss of earnings too, maybe they were desperate for 80 million people to read it for free as well?

stephen25000

Quite, their loss of earnings too, maybe they were desperate for 80 million people to read it for free as well?

Don't worry alf.

Just wait for his next book.

8(0(*

Offline John

It was altered by ferryman John, when he copied my post.

I said 'fine', not fine with a 'd'.

Perhaps you would like to check that.

Now if this is an acceptable habit, where could it lead ???

Sorry, didn't see that..defective quote now deleted.   Warning issued.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:42:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

One thing that has always puzzled me about the translation(s) of the book I have seen is that the chapters seem very short.  Have the translations been abridged to cut out all the extra dull stuff, or is that really all there is?
The original is equally short, the sort of book you can read in a café over a couple of cups of coffee.

The advantage of the original is that it flows better - a sort of a cross between a narrative and a Portuguese poem.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

Sorry, didn't see that..now deleted.

Thank you.

Offline John

Just for the sake of clarity, posters are warned that altering another members post in their quote box represents a breach of our rules and will attract sanctions dependent on the severity of said breach.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

If he publishes another book there will be a translation available online within a week. 
PS: Thanks - apparently I run the risk of being sued for using it according to Alice, but I'm gonna take my chances... 8(>((

No I did not !.You seem to be being economical with the truth there old stick.
I said (before it was whooshed) "are you sure it is royalty free" ?.
If it is not you run the risk of about a tenner every time you use it which at your old posting rate would have been about £420.00 per week  @)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

I somewhat doubt those figures... IMO.

Where did they emanate from?

Doubt away - it'll make no difference to the readership numbers.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

We can with certainty that these figures are wrong and 11 million brits have not read the book

Offline G-Unit

Erm, I thought that Natasha was an aspiring or possibly even an accomplished journalist.

As it happens, I don't expect any news this year either, but she's citing Textusa as a reliable source of information... ???

Oh dear.

It would be interesting to know which blogs/websites (if any) you would recommend as a reliable source of information.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

It would be interesting to know which blogs/websites (if any) you would recommend as a reliable source of information.

I know.

'stm' and '.....2'.   %&5%£ %&5%£ %£5&% %£5&%

Offline Mr Gray

they cannot count how many people have read the book...just the clicks on the site...the same person may have clicked on the site 100 times