Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 109528 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
Point taken. however you did write
“NHS do not really need foreign doctors and nurses!” when clearly they do, and benefit from doing so, your husband being a case in point.

If you don't work in the NHS you will not get my point. Whistle blowers get sacked or have to leave if they highlight instances. The public would be horrified if they knew what actually goes on.  Some guess -as have been treated by dodgy doctors from abroad with dodgy papers. the GMC is a good read about doctors.

Would you be horrified if doctors here performed FGM on women born here? used abortions to limit the female sex for 'cultural reasons'?

We do not have a shortage of qualified nurses!  as wards are closing those nurses are becoming corporate- managers in charge of IT budgets and the like. Nah you just don't want to hear it fair enough!

Tricky Nicky removed the opportunity for Scottish children to get funding for Medical training- the further brain drain begins again- but not to worry we can bring in people who do not understand our culture/language to do those jobs. Because -  To Spite the English- she is spending 40 MILLION Pounds on foreign students to come here to studying hairdressing- beauty treatments etc.

Did some one mention food banks? sorry no cash for that sh!t.

Illegal immigrants- are just that. illegal. when caught they cry asylum and cost millions in aid. Money could be better spent! They should not be trusted because we have a system where if you really are an asylum seeker you present yourself at first port of call and you are in a process.   Turning up in a boat is not asylum seeking it is freebie UK you are seeking.

My Husband does not work for the NHS.- He has volunteered to help out with this COVID19 pandemic.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2020, 06:45:02 PM »
If you don't work in the NHS you will not get my point. Whistle blowers get sacked or have to leave if they highlight instances. The public would be horrified if they knew what actually goes on.  Some guess -as have been treated by dodgy doctors from abroad with dodgy papers. the GMC is a good read about doctors.

Would you be horrified if doctors here performed FGM on women born here? used abortions to limit the female sex for 'cultural reasons'?

We do not have a shortage of qualified nurses!  as wards are closing those nurses are becoming corporate- managers in charge of IT budgets and the like. Nah you just don't want to hear it fair enough!

Tricky Nicky removed the opportunity for Scottish children to get funding for Medical training- the further brain drain begins again- but not to worry we can bring in people who do not understand our culture/language to do those jobs. Because -  To Spite the English- she is spending 40 MILLION Pounds on foreign students to come here to studying hairdressing- beauty treatments etc.

Did some one mention food banks? sorry no cash for that sh!t.

Illegal immigrants- are just that. illegal. when caught they cry asylum and cost millions in aid. Money could be better spent! They should not be trusted because we have a system where if you really are an asylum seeker you present yourself at first port of call and you are in a process.   Turning up in a boat is not asylum seeking it is freebie UK you are seeking.

My Husband does not work for the NHS.- He has volunteered to help out with this COVID19 pandemic.
Nope, I don’t get your point, about that you are absolutely right.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2020, 07:25:22 PM »
Nope, I don’t get your point, about that you are absolutely right.

8(0(*

Oh I know that!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2020, 08:21:06 PM »
Bloody hell, Boris is in intensive care.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline puglove

« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »
Bloody hell, Boris is in intensive care.

Blimey, that's floored me. I hope he pulls through.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
Sir Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, said on Twitter: “Terribly sad news. All the country’s thoughts are with the prime minister and his family during this incredibly difficult time.”

Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, tweeted: “Praying for the prime minister’s swift recovery tonight. @GSTTnhs has some of the finest medical staff in the world, and he couldn’t be in safer hands.”

Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, tweeted: “My thoughts are with the PM and his family - sending him every good wish.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2020, 09:28:36 PM »
Sir Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, said on Twitter: “Terribly sad news. All the country’s thoughts are with the prime minister and his family during this incredibly difficult time.”

Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, tweeted: “Praying for the prime minister’s swift recovery tonight. @GSTTnhs has some of the finest medical staff in the world, and he couldn’t be in safer hands.”

Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, tweeted: “My thoughts are with the PM and his family - sending him every good wish.”

No matter what your politics at a time like this your heart goes out to those involved.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »
Boris’s ill-health has certainly brought out the worst in some people.  I can hardly bear to go on social media atm for fear of encountering the hateful glee some of my Tory-hating friends are posting.   It sure does make you see people in a whole different light. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »
Boris’s ill-health has certainly brought out the worst in some people.  I can hardly bear to go on social media atm for fear of encountering the hateful glee some of my Tory-hating friends are posting.   It sure does make you see people in a whole different light.

Some people can't help themselves from revelling in others' misfortune.  These sad individuals need to think on that we have a long way to go before this runs its course and none of us or our loved ones are immune.

As far as his long term health is concerned I think it should be remembered by the media and those close to him that he is not Superman and his recuperation will take weeks rather than days.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »
From bojo hat ers I am sure he doesn't give a fig.

From representatives in Government= shameful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8195339/Left-wing-online-trolls-target-stricken-Boris-Johnson-saying-hope-dies.html

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2020, 10:43:45 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8195339/Left-wing-online-trolls-target-stricken-Boris-Johnson-saying-hope-dies.html
Don’t you find it odd that the left who seem to think they are on the caring, compassionate end of thr spectrum of politics and society also seem to be so incredibly filled with hate?  I find it quite puzzling tbh.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2020, 11:22:00 PM »

There is no excuse for these horrendous comments and obviously should be condemned but where is the proof that these people were from the left. Many non-voters who have no political beliefs dislike Boris and, surprisingly, have access to Twitter.

Tweets from the left.

Jeremy Corbyn.....My thoughts are with Boris Johnson and his family tonight.

Thanks to the #NHS staff for their hard work and dedication.

Ian Lavery MP.....You couldn’t imagine how much @BorisJohnson and I are politically opposed. But hey Boris get well soon ✊️

... genuinely wish him well, despite huge political differences. This isn't the time for cheap shots.

.....Let's hope he gets better soon @jeremycorbyn thank you for your kind words and it shows the country is united in fighting the #ChineseVirus

.....Despite my reservations about Boris’ leadership, I genuinely hopes he makes a speedy recovery. Nobody deserves to go through this

.......Humanity first politics can wait.

.....Class - no matter where your politics lie, everyone should wish Boris Johnson well in his recovery

.......Well said Jeremy. My thoughts are with everyone who is suffering from Coronavirus & their family & friends who are worried about them & this includes Boris Johnson & his family, friends. Solidarity brothers & sisters.

......Jeremy I agree it's sad, sorry to hear this is happening to Boris, and he is intensive care. I'm no fan of Boris at all, but I don't like what is happening to him. I wouldn't wish this Coronavirus on anyone.

God speed. Well done to the NHS

.....All my fellow Labour members on social media tonight all saying the same thing.   Wishing Mr Johnson, and all who've been stricken,  a full recovery.

100%. I detest his politics but not his status as a human being. I wish him the best possible outcome for his health.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 12:36:40 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #342 on: April 08, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #343 on: April 09, 2020, 12:00:18 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/08/priti-patel-accused-of-avoiding-mps-scrutiny-during-national-crisis

Priti Patel accused of avoiding MPs’ scrutiny during national crisis
Home secretary failed to reply to repeated requests to give evidence amid Covid-19 crisis
Jamie Grierson Home affairs correspondent
 @JamieGrierson
Wed 8 Apr 2020 19.24 BST Last modified on Wed 8 Apr 2020 23.00 BST

Priti Patel has been accused of bullying subordinates and presiding over an ‘atmosphere of fear’ at the Home Office. Photograph: Matt Dunham/AP
The home secretary, Priti Patel, has been accused by an influential group of MPs of avoiding scrutiny at a time of national emergency, a tranche of correspondence has revealed.

Yvette Cooper, the chair of the home affairs select committee, has written to Patel six times – most recently in a letter issued on Wednesday – in an attempt to fix a date for the home secretary to give evidence in public to the committee, but a date for a hearing has not been confirmed.

After repeatedly ignoring correspondence from Cooper, Patel replied to the committee chair on Tuesday telling her she was “disappointed at the increasingly adversarial tone of our exchanges” and declining an invitation to give evidence remotely on 15 April. She reluctantly agreed to appear before the MPs at the end of the month, but did not set a date.

Cooper, in her latest missive, points out that the justice secretary, work and pensions secretary, transport secretary and health secretary have given evidence to their select committees already or have agreed a date to do so.

The committee has been pressing Patel to provide evidence since the end of January, during which time the secretary of state has been accused of belittling officials and presiding over an “atmosphere of fear” at the Home Office. Sir Philip Rutnam resigned as permanent secretary at the Home Office, claiming constructive dismissal and accusing Patel of bullying her subordinates.

Cooper wrote on Wednesday: “Delaying until the end of the month would clearly be inappropriate given the urgency of the public information and answers that are needed.

The letters reveal Patel has been pressing for “private briefings” instead of appearing in public but the committee declined as it believed this was “not sufficient”.

On 7 April, Patel wrote to Cooper defending the proposal, which she argued “strikes an important balance between ensuring the department receives that vital scrutiny, while ensuring the committee can receive operationally sensitive, and sometimes classified, updates at this time of national emergency.

“I am disappointed at the increasingly adversarial tone of our exchanges and I am very sorry that you have declined my offer of regular briefings with officials and ministers at the Home Office,” Patel wrote.

Last week, Cooper wrote to Patel emphasising that the home secretary had been sent four previous requests to give evidence on 27 March, 20 March, 6 March and 29 January. “No response has yet been forthcoming,” Cooper wrote.

Before the lockdown, Cooper wrote to Patel on 20 March, stating: “In the light of the escalating coronavirus crisis, we believe it is urgent and essential that we hear from you.”

A Home Office spokesperson said: “The home secretary has accepted the invitation to appear in front of the home affairs select committee before the end of April.

“As expected, she is currently leading the Home Office response during this national crisis, working tirelessly to keep the British public safe.”

« Reply #344 on: April 09, 2020, 02:34:49 PM »
There is no excuse for these horrendous comments and obviously should be condemned but where is the proof that these people were from the left. Many non-voters who have no political beliefs dislike Boris and, surprisingly, have access to Twitter.

Tweets from the left.

Jeremy Corbyn.....My thoughts are with Boris Johnson and his family tonight.

Thanks to the #NHS staff for their hard work and dedication.

Ian Lavery MP.....You couldn’t imagine how much @BorisJohnson and I are politically opposed. But hey Boris get well soon ✊️

... genuinely wish him well, despite huge political differences. This isn't the time for cheap shots.

.....Let's hope he gets better soon @jeremycorbyn thank you for your kind words and it shows the country is united in fighting the #ChineseVirus

.....Despite my reservations about Boris’ leadership, I genuinely hopes he makes a speedy recovery. Nobody deserves to go through this

.......Humanity first politics can wait.

.....Class - no matter where your politics lie, everyone should wish Boris Johnson well in his recovery

.......Well said Jeremy. My thoughts are with everyone who is suffering from Coronavirus & their family & friends who are worried about them & this includes Boris Johnson & his family, friends. Solidarity brothers & sisters.

......Jeremy I agree it's sad, sorry to hear this is happening to Boris, and he is intensive care. I'm no fan of Boris at all, but I don't like what is happening to him. I wouldn't wish this Coronavirus on anyone.

God speed. Well done to the NHS

.....All my fellow Labour members on social media tonight all saying the same thing.   Wishing Mr Johnson, and all who've been stricken,  a full recovery.

100%. I detest his politics but not his status as a human being. I wish him the best possible outcome for his health.

Would people from the right or middle who voted for him really want him dead? ok... so must be the left.

Anyway. her remarks were shameful and crass- However, I don't think she should lose her job because of it. She is entitled to her opinion, which I disagree with, But I do believe in freedom of speech!

The fact that she is a mayor -different story - quite right to lose that office and be removed from the party for saying out loud what many probably privately think! :)