Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 109526 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2020, 10:29:39 PM »
The more we learn the worse it gets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-government-warned-pandemic-action-plan-cabinet-office-a9483291.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1587755694

Thanks. I was wondering about when the UK knew, as US media reported on alleged intelligence informing them of an illness going around in China that was affecting social and work life back in November.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/intel-agencies-covid-november/index.html

Offline Carana

« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2020, 10:41:21 PM »
Undoubtedly the government was all giddy with the excitement of Brexit Day and wasn’t really focussing on the important stuff as much as it should have.  Now we have the combined horrors of a worldwide recession AND the effects of a probable no-deal Brexit to look forward to, I for one can hardly wait... :-(

Looking on the bright side, the UK might have got used to supply chain disruptions and cut-throat competition by Jan 1.

And, possibly, Dettol Don helping to run the NHS.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:43:35 PM by Carana »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2020, 10:59:55 PM »

Looking on the bright side, the UK might have got used to supply chain disruptions and cut-throat competition by Jan 1.

And, possibly, Dettol Don helping to run the NHS.

Don’t even joke about that Carana.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2020, 11:01:25 PM »
Seriously, who - except the hedge fund Brexiteers - will benefit from NOT requesting an extension in the midst of this pandemic chaos? The deadline to ask for one is the end of June.

Offline Carana

« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2020, 11:03:33 PM »
Don’t even joke about that Carana.

Sorry. I was just letting off a bit of steam.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2020, 11:17:23 PM »
Seriously, who - except the hedge fund Brexiteers - will benefit from NOT requesting an extension in the midst of this pandemic chaos? The deadline to ask for one is the end of June.
Not sure how even the hedge fund Brexiteers will benefit by it now.  We’re all f..ked including them.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »
Not sure how even the hedge fund Brexiteers will benefit by it now.  We’re all f..ked including them.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure. Shorting the £, airlines... just about everything except bog basics. Literally and metaphorically.

Offline Carana

« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2020, 11:42:27 AM »
I've also noticed something else that I find intriguing.

- There's little that I've ever agree with Piers Morgan about.
- Nor... HERE'S.... Nigel (as the old US shows used to introduce their star guests).

I'm wary. Not of the fact that I agree with them on these points, but because their narratives have suddenly changed so much.

If one tactic doesn't work, try another, even if it's 120 degrees away from your last passionate outcry.

Get people back on board, then slowly change direction to the original destination. Whatever that is.

ETA: Both are known Trump fans,  and, IMO, he's a puppet who hasn't quite worked to script...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:55:18 AM by Carana »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2020, 03:59:10 PM »
just appeared on my FB timeline..

Message from a Northern Hospital Nurse
'I am sick of the left wing media trying to make out the government have done a bad job. We have never run short of PPE and we have just closed 2 Covid wards ...not needed.
Personally I think the Government and NHS have coped well with the backing of the public edited 24.4.2020

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2020, 05:39:59 PM »

'I am sick of the left wing media trying to make out the government have done a bad job. We have never run short of PPE and we have just closed 2 Covid wards ...not needed.
Personally I think the Government and NHS have coped well with the backing of the public edited 24.4.2020

And ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
And ?

I think its puts into perspective all the criticism youve posted re boris...lots of left wing bias. You may have noticed the positive article today praising his handling of the situation. Whereas corbyn....who you praise..disobeyed the official expert scientific advice by going to the commons when he didnt need to and taking his wife...who didnt need to go. I wont bother describing his brothers actions...a pair of idiots who have your support .
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:06:15 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2020, 06:05:49 PM »

I think its puts into perspective all the criticism youve posted re boris...lots of left wing bias. You may have noticed the positive article today praising his handling of the situation. Whereas corbyn....who you praise..disobeyed the official advice by going to the commons when he didnt need to and taking his wife...who didnt need to go. I wont bother describing his brothers actions...a pair of idiots who have your support .

Puts into perspective? In what world ? Literally thousands of doctors, nurses, carers etc etc have spoken out about the lack of PPE. Can I ask why one alleged nurse from an anonymous hospital has convinced you otherwise?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2020, 06:12:36 PM »
Puts into perspective? In what world ? Literally thousands of doctors, nurses, carers etc etc have spoken out about the lack of PPE. Can I ask why one alleged nurse from an anonymous hospital has convinced you otherwise?

I read an article where the army who was distributing the PPE said NHS Engalnd had got it wrong and that some hospitals didnt have enough and some had too much. We may well overall have a lack of the necessary ppe but i dont see that as a fault of  Boris. I think youll find theres a worldwide shortage...is it all Boris' fault.

remeber what richard Horton, one of the govt biggest left wing critics was saying about corona virus....he was aying  afuss about nothing more or less

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2020, 06:22:01 PM »

BURN THE WITCH!!!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2020, 06:34:57 PM »
I read an article where the army who was distributing the PPE said NHS Engalnd had got it wrong and that some hospitals didnt have enough and some had too much. We may well overall have a lack of the necessary ppe but i dont see that as a fault of  Boris. I think youll find theres a worldwide shortage...is it all Boris' fault.

remeber what richard Horton, one of the govt biggest left wing critics was saying about corona virus....he was aying  afuss about nothing more or less

No it’s not ALL Boris’s fault. It’s also the fault of the previous  Tory government who didn’t implement the recommendations highlighted in a Operation Cygnus.

As to Richard Horton, I think over 20,000 deaths have proved him wrong.