Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 111122 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #675 on: May 16, 2020, 12:50:09 PM »
what a stupid comparison
At least it's not as many deaths as under Stalin's rule of terror in the Soviet Union!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #676 on: May 16, 2020, 12:50:26 PM »
Do Spain... France.. Italy include deaths in care homes in their figures... I don't think they do so comparison isn't as simple as you think.
I don't see that Boris has handled this difficult situation badly. It's an unknown and poorly understood situation.
In my Borough there are 320,000 people... Yesterday one death. How long can we keep lock down going with the damage its doing to jobs.. lives and children's education.

If the comparison with other countries is valid why withdraw the comparison chart ? As to Italy, France and Spain including deaths in care homes you say yourself that you don’t know if they do.

As to Johnson, he has dishonesty lead this country into a death toll which is second only to a country whose leader encourages its citizens to inject bleach.

The British Medical Association supports the continuing closure of schools. Why do you think that you know better than the BMA ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #677 on: May 16, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »
https://www.thecanary.co/discovery/analysis-discovery/2020/04/25/coronavirus-has-already-killed-more-british-people-than-the-blitz/

what a stupid comparison....not quite as stupid as another article on the same site..

On VE Day Jeremy Corbyn shows us why he’s the best prime minister we never had

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #678 on: May 16, 2020, 12:52:31 PM »
If the comparison with other countries is valid why withdraw the comparison chart ? As to Italy, France and Spain including deaths in care homes you say yourself that you don’t know if they do.

As to Johnson, he has dishonesty lead this country into a death toll which is second only to a country whose leader encourages its citizens to inject bleach.

The British Medical Association supports the continuing closure of schools. Why do you think that you know better than the BMA ?
the comparison isnt valid...il have alook at exactly what the BMA says...ive read the headline too

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #679 on: May 16, 2020, 12:53:25 PM »
what a stupid comparison

I think it is a good illustration of the scale of the deaths in this country.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #680 on: May 16, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »

Could you provide  a cite for the BMA supports continuing closure of schools...first thing ive found is this..

The British Medical Association said teachers and heads were "absolutely right" to urge caution and prioritise testing to avoid a second spike.

That isnt what youve claimed...id like to see exactly what they said...the whole statement

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #681 on: May 16, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »
the comparison isnt valid...il have alook at exactly what the BMA says...ive read the headline too

You say that the comparison isn’t valid yet have offered no evidence to validate that opinion. Do you have evidence that France, Spain or Italy don’t include Care home deaths in their figures...or are you simply hoping they don’t ?

As to what the BMA says let me save you looking.

https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/government-s-road-map-out-of-lockdown-is-too-fast-too-confusing-and-too-risky-says-bma

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/bma-backs-teaching-unions-in-opposing-reopening-of-schools

‘ But the BMA – the UK’s largest doctors’ union – said in a letter to the National Education Union on Friday that the number of coronavirus infections remained too high to allow them to run safely. Teaching unions had been “absolutely right” to urge caution and prioritise testing before reopening schools on 1 June.

“We cannot risk a second spike or take actions which would increase the spread of this virus, particularly as we see sustained rates of infection across the UK,” the BMA council’s chair, Chaand Nagpaul, said in the letter to his NEU counterpart, Kevin Courtney.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:02:49 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #682 on: May 16, 2020, 01:06:52 PM »
You say that the comparison isn’t valid yet have offered no evidence to validate that opinion. Do you have evidence that France, Spain or Italy don’t include Care home deaths in their figures...or are you simply hoping they don’t ?

As to what the BMA says let me save you looking.

https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/government-s-road-map-out-of-lockdown-is-too-fast-too-confusing-and-too-risky-says-bma

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/bma-backs-teaching-unions-in-opposing-reopening-of-schools

‘ But the BMA – the UK’s largest doctors’ union – said in a letter to the National Education Union on Friday that the number of coronavirus infections remained too high to allow them to run safely. Teaching unions had been “absolutely right” to urge caution and prioritise testing before reopening schools on 1 June.

“We cannot risk a second spike or take actions which would increase the spread of this virus, particularly as we see sustained rates of infection across the UK,” the BMA council’s chair, Chaand Nagpaul, said in the letter to his NEU counterpart, Kevin Courtney.

And you ave offered no evidence that these countries do include care home deaths. we dont know how other countries collate figures and until we do the figures are not confirmed.
as for the BMA ....

BMA Council chair Dr Chaand Nagpaul, a GP in North London, has backed teachers who say it is 'too soon' to start re-opening schools in England from 1 June.

so is this the opionion of the whole of the BMA or just DR Nagpul...a GP.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #683 on: May 16, 2020, 01:11:02 PM »
And you ave offered no evidence that these countries do include care home deaths. we dont know how other countries collate figures and until we do the figures are not confirmed.
as for the BMA ....

BMA Council chair Dr Chaand Nagpaul, a GP in North London, has backed teachers who say it is 'too soon' to start re-opening schools in England from 1 June.

so is this the opionion of the whole of the BMA or just DR Nagpul...a GP.

Behave Davel.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #684 on: May 16, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »
A poll based on 14000 Times Readers has 59% of respondents in favour of schools re-opening in June, as am I.  I'm very pleased that my son goes to an academy school and that he will be going back in June to resume his A Level studies, albeit in a different manner than that which he would have done so ordinarily as all necessary steps will be taken to ensure social distancing is adhered to.  What is the alternative?  Wait for a vaccine and put off his A-Levels until he is 20?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #685 on: May 16, 2020, 01:16:40 PM »
Behave Davel.

So what do we do with schools. Do we wait another month...two months...three months...six months. What will have changed. I dont claim to know the amswer...maybe no one knows the answer. At some stage we will have to ease the lockdown and see what happens.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #686 on: May 16, 2020, 01:27:22 PM »
So what do we do with schools. Do we wait another month...two months...three months...six months. What will have changed. I dont claim to know the amswer...maybe no one knows the answer. At some stage we will have to ease the lockdown and see what happens.
As I predicted weeks ago, the Left have waited for Boris's decision on the next steps regarding easing the lockdown before deciding to support the exact opposite.  They refused to say what they believed should be the next course of action in advance of his announcement.  Cowards. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #687 on: May 16, 2020, 01:29:28 PM »
an interesting tweet to Dr Nagpul.....

Labour Party supporting Doctor from a Labour Union biased BMA on the BBC attacking the Gov.

Will the BBC ever see how they trash their own credibility.

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #689 on: May 16, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »

Yes we wait.