Author Topic: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates  (Read 202490 times)

Offline sika

Re: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2016, 11:12:36 PM »
Good evening Jixy

Which cases do you think involve miscarriages of justice, and why?  Not being nosy, just interested! Lots of people using this site seem to believe Jeremy Bamber is a victim of a MOJ, for example,
Lots of people?  How many, would you estimate?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2016, 07:21:18 AM »
On this site?  No idea really, Im afraid. I suppose I meant generally, as he has a supporters page, I believe. I haven't read the threads in detail on her, but it seems there are people on either side!

Offline [...]

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »
Dr Vincent Tabak was a extremely competent computer user, more than competent, he had an understanding that is greater than most people, the pic i've attached shows Dr Vincent Tabaks Qualifications and Computer skills..

Under Activities it describes that Dr Vincent tabak: Programming Active Server Pages (ASP)

ASP use server-side scripting to generate contents that would be sent to the visitor's web browser. The ASP interpreter reads and executes all script code between <% and %> tags, the result of which is content generation. These scripts are written using VBScript, JScript and PerlScript. The @Language directive, the <script language="manu" runat="server" /> syntax or server configuration can be used to select the language. In the example below, Response.Write Now() is in an HTML page; it would be dynamically replaced by the current time of the server.

(Did you understand that, because I didn't)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Server_Pages

Defence Counsel: You went to the University of Technology in Utrecht. Did you have to
leave home then? Utrecht is about 30 kilometres away.
Tabak: Yes. I lived away. I studied architecture for seven years.
Defence Counsel: What qualifications did you pass?
Tabak: Equivalent to a combined Master Degree in Architecture and Computer Science.
Defence Counsel: Did you then obtain employment?
Tabak: No.
Defence Counsel: What did you do then?
Tabak: I studied for a PhD in people behaviour in the corporate environment.
Defence Counsel: How long did that degree take?
Tabak: It took 4 years to receive my PhD.

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

I don't understand why his Lawyer didn't direct the Jury as to Dr Vincent Tabaks knowledge of Computing and his ability to program computer, Dr Tabak Mentions Computer Science.

So..Why didn't he show them what Asp programming was, why didn't he show the Jury Computer Script, most wouldn't be able to understand it, but it would have created doubt as to why Someone who is so computer literate would leave damning evidence on his computer, or just get rid of the hard drive.

Why Not?  He helped the Prosecution

Had the Jury know of Dr Vincent Tabaks abilities they might have found the Prosecutions claim difficult to believe...

If he is computer literate and had Committed this crime before he went to Holland, why didn't he take the hard drive with him, dump it somewhere.
(Apparently he was clever enough to dump a pizza and sock)

He clearly has a great understanding and education in Computing and would be extremly aware of what could be perceived as damaging evidence against him..

The fact that Dr Vincent Tabak had admitted manslaughter helped a little but the central point of the trial – his intention when he killed Yeates

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/nov/02/vincent-tabak-trial-tweeted

So did the computer evidence show Intention?

Because that was the only EVIDENCE they had as a way to persuade the JURY that Dr Vincent Tabak intended to murder...

If he Intended to Murder someone that evening, why didn't he just walk the streets?

He had been out earlier... He had a keen Interest in Photography..

Why Didn't his Defence mention Dr Vincent Tabak had opportunity that evening to MURDER anyone!!

If searches cannot prove intent,.. How could the Prosecution have proven Dr Vincent Tabak Intended to do anything

Like I originally posted.. when I saw Dr Vincent Tabak on the stand, I saw a man just going through the motion's..

A man that was not being defended.... A man that could see his Defence was not trying to help him,(IMO) was not challenging anything that the Prosecution placed in front of a JURY..

He just sat there as this supposed Evidence was being piled upon him..

So I can clearly understand Dr Vincent Tabak sobbing in court.. He knew the situation was hopeless, because nobody was there to help him..

No Character Witness's called to testify to his nature
No Tanja Morson called to testify to their relationship or Dr Vincent Tabak's behaviour.
No Christopher Jefferies to say whether or not he had indeed seen Dr Vincent Tabak that evening or moved the car.
No Family to testify what A loving son he is and they couldn't understand him being charged.
No employer to testify as to his Character.
No friends to testify to any knowledge they had good/or bad
Even his Lawyer had nothing good to say about him...
” When the evidence emerged in the courtroom, even Tabak’s barrister described the 33-year-old’s actions as “disgusting and horrendous”.

That's when I thought his Goose was cooked, If Your Lawyer is against you.. You must be Guilty.. (IMO)

No Neighbours who knew him to say:
News of Tabak’s arrest was greeted with shock in his homeland. A former neighbour of the Dutchman described him as “shy” and said “he wouldn’t do that”.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/10/28/joanna-yeates-murder-tria_n_1063591.html

Infact he didn't have anything going for him...

Because people wanted him to be the Monster..

And if you call that a fair Trial.... In My Opinion It isn't..

Though our country prided itself on being Fair Open and Honest..

In My Opinion this Trial was far from being a FAIR FIGHT...

Offline [...]

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
What lead the Police to Dr Vincent Tabak???

A source close to the investigation told The Mail on Sunday: ‘The investigation changed dramatically three weeks ago after this new CCTV footage came to light.
‘The discovery of this car driving over the bridge shifted the case’s dynamics.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349615/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Vincent-Tabak-charged-murder-court-Monday.html#ixzz4QGk5zyx7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Police have been holding dramatic CCTV evidence that they believe shows the car in which they believe Miss Yeates’s body was being taken to be disposed of just hours after she was murdered.
The evidence captures what detectives believe to be the car containing her body being driven over Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol the morning after the killing of landscape architect Miss Yeates, on its way to dumping her body three miles away in a lane in nearby Failand.
The images were caught by cameras on the bridge on December 18, the day after Miss Yeates, 25, vanished. It is understood that Avon and Somerset Police have had the footage for three weeks
.Did they produce this evidence?

Answer No:.. Because it was too Grainy supposedly...

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY.... THE DATE WAS 18TH DEC  2010 and not 17th DEC 2010!!!!!!!!

Yet: 
Detectives interviewed the owner of the car earlier this month but eliminated him at that stage.
IMO they're reffering to Christopher Jefferies

How can the quality of the video be Good enough to eliminate one driver, but to grainy to convict Dr.Vincent Tabak.. WRONG DATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Because he didn't go over The Bridge they had no Evidence of him doing so.. But They did have Evidence of a car Travelling across the Bridge.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Tabak was arrested on suspicion of murder after police received vital new evidence in a phone call last Wednesday.

A source close to the investigation said the caller was in tears after watching Mr and Mrs Yeates’s appeal on BBC1’s Crimewatch programme.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349615/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Vincent-Tabak-charged-murder-court-Monday.html#ixzz4QGk5zyx7

Following Tabak's arrest, the BBC cancelled its plans to air the Yeates re-enactment on Crimewatch. On 31 January, Yeates' family publicly released photos of her that previously had been scheduled to be broadcast on the programme.
http://murderpedia.org/male.T/t/tabak-vincent.htm

So how could the so called crying girl have exisited... She obviously did not see The Crime watch program as  it was never aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOST33-LjU
And for the first time we can here exclusively from Jo's parents David and Theresa Yeates and from her brother chris
uploaded Nov 6th 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtEeGrikBcI

(they didn't even have the guy in a black coat stood next to the actress)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wv27l
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vlt25
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00y4815

Where is this DRAMATIC New EVIDENCE???

By Daily Mail Reporter
UPDATED: 23:08, 23 January 2011

Interestingly too.... The Daily Mail reported that she had seen the Crime Watch Program before it was due to air on the 26th January 2011

Something else stands out... The DATE:  The 18th December 2010

So how can it be Dr Vincent Tabak he was supposed to have dumped Joanna Yeates after his Asda Trip on the 17th Dec 2010.

More evidence of a disturbance on December 17 has also emerged. A resident living in the building directly behind Miss Yeates’s flat told police he heard a woman screaming ‘Help me’ on the night she went missing.

From Kingdom:
http://www.bowlandcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94037&page=4&highlight=scream
It amazes me that some people on this forum are and have been so prepared to give VT the benefit of the doubt.
@Fortuny - let me elucidate you - I'd been confused as to how the murder could be anyone other than someone with access to these flats not only on friday 17th but also on saturday 18th.
Well i completely advocate the "innocent until proven guilty" line. I hadn't known there were two separate flats on the ground floor of that building - so i've never harbored any undue suspicions about VT because i didn't know of his existence until they arrested him.
When they arrested CJ, i was perhaps at best 70% persuaded of his guilt - and that was only for a few days. When they arrested VT - i was over 90% persuaded - especially when they charged him (actually i knew instinctively that they had got their man - not that i'm suggesting you build a case around instinct).
@Dyna - very interesting theory - the thing that struck me as odd at the time as well was that although i assumed the voice had come from Canynge Road - it sounded really strange - sort of near and far at the same time. Almost as if it were coming from directly underneath my window.
The other curious thing was ... i only heard the call once. Why didn't she call out again? The time would have been between 10 a.m. and just before 1 p.m. on saturday 18th - i'm guessing (as i went out at 1 p.m. to do some printing).
I'm still not convinced of the Friday night killing (for reasons posted earlier)
Actually this is the interview i actually gave : http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/NEIGHBOUR-HEARD-HELP/article-3132931-detail/article.html
@fortuny - the house number isn't no - 42. No i don't know the person that heard the screams. Having said that i thought i heard something, that could well have been significant during the day time - which has led me to believe that JY was possibly abducted on the saturday morning (which i can't really discuss on here for obvious reasons).
There's only three flats that overlook the back of CJ's house - (an abandoned shooting range one side).
(personally i believe the body was removed on the saturday morning by the way - and that she was still alive on the saturday morning).

http://www.bowlandcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94037&page=4&highlight=scream

This is clearly the neighbour who lives behind:

Did he testify to what he heard?

So... How could the evidence point to Dr. Vincent Tabak when they clearly didn't have the evidence in the first place????

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2016, 04:17:12 PM »
If Jo was killed on the 18th, it is unlikely that VT did it. Tanja was around then. When would he have done it, and how would he have got rid of the body?

This neighbour, posting on the forum, is sure that VT is guilty, but he does not say what evidence he has.  Why on earth should it HAVE to be someone from the flats who killed Jo?  In any case, the fact that he was 70 per cent sure of CJ's guilt at one stage, shows that he is just relying on emotion/gut feelings.

And, what about Mr Lickley's assertion that VT went to ASDA with Jo's body in the boot of his car???????  Obviously he didnt, if Jo was killed on the 18th.

Offline [...]

« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »
I'd just like to add this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRDtLjPfdw0

Play it from  3 mins 38 sec to 4.00 mins

We know the crime watch Documentary was not aired... Recieved 300 new calls from what??? An unaired program???

Continue watching from 4:00 minutes

And clearly stated
Then... Shortly before the reconstruction was due to air,They made a dramatic breakthrough

Which we are aware of the DNA...(Partial DNA profile)

Answer me this.....because it really confuses me...

Why not air it anyway??? They might have recieved more information from the reconstruction!!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
The fact that Tabak had admitted manslaughter helped a little but the central point of the trial – his intention when he killed Yeates

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/nov/02/vincent-tabak-trial-tweeted

How can admitting to Manslaughter help a little?????????????????

Lets put this aside his saying:
Lets concentrate on the useless inadmissible searches instead!!!!!!

Alfie

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
hi again Alfie...

The prosecution said Dr Vincent Tabak had Joanna Yeates in his Flat for 1 hour before he went to Asda..

So how do thy know???????
Maybe he told them?  He did after all admit he did it.

Offline John

« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2016, 02:13:44 AM »
I'm surprised he hasn't asked to serve his sentence in Holland as the regime there has many more benefits.

http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2011/08/resort-like-prisons-of-netherlands.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:57:06 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline [...]

« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2016, 04:14:31 PM »
Maybe he told them?  He did after all admit he did it.

You need to get to the understanding why Dr. Vincent Tabak's plea was made and If indeed he made it voluntarily...

He apparently gave a confession to a prison Chaplain Peter Brotherton.
Peter Brotherton, a voluntary Salvation Army chaplain at Long Lartin prison in Worcestershire said the Dutchman had unburdened himself on February 8 this year.
He said Tabak had requested a meeting, informing him: “I have something to tell you that will shock you.”
Giving evidence at Bristol Crown Court, Mr Brotherton said: “I said ‘you tell me and we will see’, or words to that effect.
“He said ‘I am going to change my plea to guilty’. He said it was to do with the crime he had committed.
“I said, ‘is this concerning the young lady from Bristol?’, he said ‘yes’.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8834133/Vincent-Tabak-confessed-Joanna-Yeates-killing-in-emotional-meeting-with-prison-chaplain.html

As A VOLUNTARY CHAPLAIN ..Chaplain Brotherton would have to satisfy the Free Church..
Formal endorsement from the candidate’s own denomination will be required via the Free Churches Faith Advisor.
http://www.freechurches.org.uk/Groups/256814/Free_Churches/Activities/Prison_Chaplaincy/Eligibility/Eligibility.aspx

Expected Formal Qualifications (as required for HMPS Contracted Posts)
Band 5  Ordained.

Free Church Chaplains (ordained) will have completed some period of post-ordination consolidation (normally at least 2 years post ordination/ training). They will have shown to the National Leadership of their denomination that they can effectively practice and fulfil the skills and competencies required of a Faith leader. Formal recognised qualification in theology or religious study and Professional Recognition by Denomination generally representing at least 3 years of study, normally to Degree standard.

Band 5 Non-Ordained 

Free Church Chaplains (non-ordained) are trained Faith practitioners in their own communities. They have demonstrated consistently to a range of people (academic / pastoral / practical) that they have effective communication and relational skills in order to have achieved this level of accreditation. Formal recognised qualification in theology or religious study generally representing at least three years of Part Time study, normally to Diploma standard.

Band 7 – Managing Chaplain

Must be suitably qualified and have a formal recognised qualification in theology or religious study and be experienced such that the job holder will have received formal endorsements (where relevant) from the faith community to which they belong.

Chaplain Brotherton would have had to have the endorsement of the free church??

Did HE?????

And they would be whom Chaplain Brotherton  returned to for advise as to whether to divulge a prisoners confession....

Again... DID HE??

The chaplain told the court he then advised him to contact his legal team and inform them of the decision and offered to pray with him.
While Mr Brotherton accepted he had told Tabak the conversation would be in confidence, he decided to tell his superiors because he did not regard it as a religious confession...

Was this on another visit or the same visit... It read to me like the same visit.....

But This comment suggests.... That the Chaplain was going to inform the POLICE not THE FREE CHURCH.....
Because why advise DR Vincent Tabak on getting his LAWYER.... if he did NOT know what THE ADVICE WOULD BE!!!
The Advice would probably be from the FREE CHURCH and to wait and see if called as a witness......

But it appears that the Chaplain had decided immediateley that he was going to reveal his confess, because Dr Vincent Tabak answered angrily.....
Vincent Tabak was on suicide watch in prison when he is said to have told the Salvation Army’s Peter Brotherton: “I have got something to tell you that is going to shock you.”

Tabak then reacted angrily as Mr Brotherton told him he would not be able to keep the admission secret, the chaplain said.

Detectives questioned the 33-year-old Dutch engineer for three days after arresting him on 20 January. He was said to have constantly replied “no comment”, before he was charged with murdering Miss Yeates, 25.

But Tabak, who had been under 24-hour supervision at Long Lartin prison, was said to have told Mr Brotherton of his plan to “plead guilty” on 8 February. The chaplain had shaken hands with Tabak before he made the confession.
Mr Brotherton, who has been visiting prisoners since 1975, said “there was a little bit of anger” in Tabak’s voice after the chaplain said he would have to pass on the information.
(MUST BE A QUALIFIED CHAPLAIN)

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/joanna_s_killer_confessed_to_jail_chaplain_murder_trial_jury_is_told_1_1917420

Any information divulged by a PRISONER is classified as a confession, he is after all trusting this man to be there to guide him...

What qualifies as a confession to a Chaplain?????? A vulnerable Prisoner would see a Chapalin as a SAFE PLACE...

Did Chaplain Brotherton tell Dr Vincent Tabak he could divulge (NON) confessions??  Akin to reading him his rights!!!!

Did the Chaplain tell Dr Vincent Tabak of his rights???

Because.... Prison Chaplains are perceived as neutral

If Prison Chaplain are allowed to divulge the contents of a confessional, then it would be only fair in law that the prisoner have some kind of RIGHTS... And are informed of such right..When you are arrested you are given your caution rights:

You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

Which superiors is Chaplain Brotherton refering too?

1: The Police?? well in RELIGIOUS TERMS THEY ARE NOT HIS SUPERIORS

2: The Church:Free Churches Faith Advisor. Senior church leaders to whom the volunteer chaplain would be actively accountable. http://www.freechurches.org.uk/Groups/256814/Free_Churches/Activities/Prison_Chaplaincy/Eligibility/Eligibility.aspx

3: Prison Staff: The Chaplaincy and the prison staff are seperate...

I say this because, holding a chaplaincy inside a prison where they are potentially serverley disturbed, emotion prisoners who need the help and support of someone when they feel VULNERABLE.

Did Chaplain Brotherton feel it was so necessary for him to INFORM on Dr Vincent Tabak whilst he was in custody, surely he should have been called as a PROSECUTION witness and divulged the confession under oath...
By DIVULGING this information before a trail would put Chaplain Brotherton in a most compromising position..

HOW WOULD PRISON INMATES EVER TRUST A CHAPLAIN AGAIN!!!!!

That bring up various questions:

Dr Vincent Tabak was surely seen as a VULNERABLE inmate:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/332161/jo-suspect-on-suicide-watch-in-tough-jail/

Yet according the http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

17.2.5.That the man he allegedly confessed to in Long Lartin prison in Worcester was a
chaplain, yet he was not called to give evidence in court; that the man said he knew that
Tabak was not a practising Christian and yet he went to see Dr Tabak several times to
develop a relationship with him.

So... Peter Brotherton did not give testamony at the Tail which Dr Vincent Tabak was subsequently found GUILTY.

Practicing Christian??? That's another question...

What are the rules regarding Prison Chaplains, within the Prison Service.???

There are guidelines for Prison Chaplaincy and reports are gathered in regards to their service.

REFERENCES FROM:http://www.stpadarns.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Todd-and-Tipton-2011-Report-on-Prison-Chaplaincy.pdf

Further, it appears that honouring and respecting the religious and cultural plurality of
the contemporary prison that the prison chaplains, and indeed other staff, goes hand
in hand with being often highly sensitive to any suggestion of their proselytizing:

So let not try to convert from one religion to another....

The chaplains of today are not here to judge or convert anyone, or anything like
that, they are just here to talk to and give prisoners support.’
(Prison Governor, 2010)

YET.... Chaplain Brotherton decided on his own that he could JUDGE Dr Vincent Tabak and divulege his supposed confession. If within the report it says they should NOT judge, then he had no reason to seek advice on any matter.Therefore he wasn't following protocol... which in any line of work is VITAL!!!!!

3.3. A Prison Chaplain - Prison Officer Continuum
‘The prison chaplain should never confuse their role with the role of the prison
officer…that would be a fatal mistake.’
(Prisoner, 2010)

Again... He has a role and one role only...

(1) the chaplain should not confuse and thus
contaminate their pastoral role with the disciplinary role of the officer and (2) the
chaplain’s role and standing as ‘chaplain’ accords them a ‘neutrality’, or
‘independence’ that is central to their ability to provide that pastoral care. This is a
multi-faceted aspect of the chaplain’s role, where neutrality/independence connects
with: chaplains not having the same perceived ‘authority’ as a prison officer; their
being able to relate in human way with prisoners; their being ‘in-betweeners’; their
having ‘time’ for people; and their being non-judgemental.

So they are looked upon by the prison population as UNBIAS..... Which gives prisoners a release from the pressure they may be under whilst incarcerated.. Not to mention the fact of VUNERABLE OR SUICDAL prisonser may respond in the knowledge a prison Chaplain would divulge there words...

To not have the role of the Prison Chaplain and the Prison staff seperated can be Dangerous:

‘We therefore have to use the role of the chaplain to kind of meet some of the
political concerns and pressures prisons are currently facing. We just have to be
careful how far we push as the lines that separate, that demarcate, those different
roles. Losing that neutrality and losing that kind of professional role as a religious
leader is a danger’
(Prison Governor, 2010)

Prisoners beliefs as regards the role of a chaplain:
‘ I find that when I am at my lowest ebb or when I have situations that I am not
comfortable speaking to the screws or cons about because of trust issues with cons
and insensitivity with officers; I always know that there is someone in the chapel I can
talk to.’
(Prisoner, 2010)

Dr Vincent Tabak was described as a non believer in faith, the prison chaplain cover all people:

Question: Even though Dr Vincent Tabak said that he was a NON BELIEVER, did Chaplain Brotherton discuss if DR Vincent Tabak had ever Practiced any religion prior to his NON BELIEVER STATUS..
The reason I say this and knowing many people who haven't followed there faiths, say they are no longer practicing.. and no matter how hard they try to leave it behind, it is always with them....

So if Dr Vincent Tabak was an atheist now... had he had Religous teaching before which may have lead him back to CHAPLAIN BROTHERTON as a confidant... And without CHAPLAIN BROTHERTON proving Dr Vincent Tabak never had any RELIGOUS teaching in his life, HOW WOULD IT BE CLEAR CUT THAT DR VINCENT TABAK WAS AN ATHEIST?????.

Infact DUTCH SCHOOLS DO TEACH RELIGION:
Religious education in Dutch schools.
Understanding the relevance of Dutch religious education makes it necessary to know something
about Dutch education in general.
Religious education in schools.
Each primary school has the subject teaching world religion and worldviews (teaching about
religion). The subject, introduced in 1985, aims to enhance tolerance in Dutch society.
Dr Vincent Tabak would have been of Primary age then, so It's more than likely he had some form of Religous Education

http://mmiweb.org.uk/eftreold/reeurope/netherlands_2013.pdf

(D) The Professional Seeker – Prisoners loosely classifiable as agnostics who do
not ascribe to a particular faith, but attended a wide range of services and most
chaplaincy classes and events,(E) The opportunist – Prisoners who openly claim not to be interested in faith or
religion but value chaplaincy as a safe space; an escape from the wings.
‘ You don’t have to necessarily believe in God to come here; to enjoy a service. It is a
place for anyone to get away; enjoy some peace, sing a song or two and have a
cuppa and a digestive.’
‘The chaplain, you know, they help me escape prison. Not just this prison but my own
prison, you know? You can trust the chaplain, you know. Tell them stuff you wouldn’t
tell noone else.’

The Reason that Brotherton Claimed it was Ok for him to inform on Dr Vincent Tabak was because of his lack of faith....
So it would appear that Dr Vincent Tabak would be aware of the neutrality of the Chaplain Service Provided.
Or he wouldn't of decided to confess all to a CHAPLAIN...
Indeed it is quite common for non believer and believer to turn to a CHAPLAIN...

‘When you are in prison you are locked up for some long stretches of time and I think
it is a natural inclination for a man isolated from his world to look for God, to start to
strive for something beyond himself.’
(Prisoner, 2010)
These experiences were consistently reported as being largely facilitated by
incarceration itself, in that the individual has a lot of ‘time’, and in many ways often
feels forced into asking existential questions; in particular about their life and its
direction. In that sense the isolation inherent in incarceration seems to be closely
linked with a pull towards some kind of spiritual or religious reflection that eases the
pains of prison life.
The final commonly expressed value of prison chaplaincy was its provision of an
escape from the prison regime - in particular the prisoner’s cell and the wings. This
was expressed both in terms of the chaplaincy area as a safe, human or neutral
space, and the figure of the chaplain as a safe confidant, largely as a result of their
perceived neutrality, or independence.

3.6. Chaplaincy as Safe Place
‘the wings can be pretty ugly places and for many men, even those of no religious
belief, this place is a God send – if you will pardon the pun!’
(Prisoner, 2010)

Another distinctive aspect of the contribution made by prison chaplaincy, reported
across participant groups, was its provision of a relatively unique safe place within
the prison. Importantly the devout, returners, converts, professional seekers and the
eternally opportunistic all reported valuing the safety this place accorded. The safety
of the prison chaplaincy space seemed to be related to its perceived non-prison
status and the neutrality described earlier

So if Chaplain Brotherton lead to Dr Vincent Tabaks supposed confession and susequent signed confession of which.....
 I'd love to see him sat with his lawyer having been explained to that the Chaplain would not likely divulge such sensitive material. And advising not to sign...

The written Confession was typed... And had not more information other than a plea of guilt... `to manslaughter, with no specific details regarding the action taken to come to this conclusion...

In my opinion I find that suspcious in it's self...

In a typed statement signed
by Vincent Tabak in September 2011, Tabak claimed that he didn't intend death or serious

It is alleged that Tabak made a confession2
 to an unlicensed prison chaplain, who was not
called to give evidence, a most pertinent point.
http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

How can thsis be?????/

The Salvation Army comes under The Free Church group:http://www.freechurches.org.uk/Articles/385438/Free_Churches/Activities/Prison_Chaplaincy/Blog/Salvation_Army_Chaplains.aspx

Eligibility to work as a Prison Chaplain:
If you are from a Free Churches background and wish to work as a Chaplain in a prison in England and Wales then you need to be eligible to do so. This means that you must be a minister, either lay or ordained of a Free Church denomination which is either a member of the Free Churches Group, or Churches Together in England or Churches Together in Wales (eligible denominations listed here). You must have studied biblical or pastoral studies to a level acceptable to your group or denomination and be accredited as a minister by them.

So if in fact Chaplain Brotherton did not seek advice from the Free Church, who did he seek advice from as regards Dr Vincent Tabak??

And if his confession to the chaplain  is null and void, then his supposed written confession is too, because it was gained under false pretences.... IN MY OPINION......

jixy

« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »
Not sure how you work out his confession should be null and void when he followed through with the process at his trial, crying and saying sorry. To me that says his confession was the truth and something he wanted to be known

Not sure also how you know what was explained to him by the Chaplain and what his lack of faith can to do hinder his actions

Having spoken at length to someone who often had dealings with a Prison Chaplain in more than one Prison, I know they CAN and Do disclose anything that can be harmful to someone else.

Offline [...]

« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »

Having spoken at length to someone who often had dealings with a Prison Chaplain in more than one Prison, I know they CAN and Do disclose anything that can be harmful to someone else.

Is this person a Prisoner/former Prisoner?

What capacity do they have within the Prisons system??

jixy

« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »
Salvation Army...

Ensure that confidential information is not disclosed to a third party unless there is a clear justification which may include

1. The valid consent of the individual (which may well have happened)
2. Where  there is risk of serious harm to self or others
3. The prevention, detection or prosecution of a serious crime!
4. And when required by law or by order of a court or other public body that has jurisdiciton

Offline [...]

« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2016, 05:25:49 PM »
I'm surprised he hasn't asked to serve his sentence in Holland as the regime there has many more benefits.

http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2011/08/resort-like-prisons-of-netherlands.html

That is an extremley good question John????

Why hasn't Dr Vincent Tabak asked for his sentence to be served in his native country of Holland??

I would really like to know that too....

Especially as his family are there and his Mother is an old lady.......  There is nothing for him in this country and nobody supporting him he knows......

So why hasn't he asked to be TRANSFERRED!!!!!   

jixy

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2016, 05:51:27 PM »
If you read the PSI for foreign prisoners it explains about sex offenders and their relevance to the process beginning